Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thieves Guild

SirAxen
SirAxen
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey all!~

I know my fair share about ES lore but would never claim to be an expert. Recently, I got with a few friends and we had an idea for Tabletop in the ES universe. I have done plenty of UESP wiki reading on the Thieves Guild so I'm familiar with basic tenets and what not. I was curious if anyone could give me more information about the Thieves Guild in the 2nd Era specifically though?

The Thieves Guild DLC was great.

Is Hews Bane the only area of Tamriel with a Thieves Guild during the games time in history? Any Thieves Guild related lore anyone wants to drop would be appreciated! Thanks!

Best Answer

• Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As of ESO, there are still around 400(ish) years until the Cyrodiil Theives guild is founded by Emer Dareloth, however the outlaw's refuges found around Tamriel would imply that many thieves are beginning to loosely organize themselves to make the trade more profitable. According to many of the loading screens, some of the outlaw refuges are run by gangs of thieves, while others are run by some of the more organized bandits.

We know that the Riften Thieves Guild exists before the turn of the 3rd era (Queen Barenziah was a member somewhere around 2E 900) but we don't know how early it was actually formed.

The official Thieves guild on Vvardenfell wont exist until the late 3rd era (as it is recently formed in TES III by Gentleman Jim Stacy), but the Camona Tong(less burglary and pickpocketing, more smuggling and killing) is based on Vvardenfell.

With the information we have, it appears that the Hew's Bane Thieves Guild is the most structured, and may be the only group currently calling itself the "Thieves Guild".
    Answer ✓
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    As of ESO, there are still around 400(ish) years until the Cyrodiil Theives guild is founded by Emer Dareloth, however the outlaw's refuges found around Tamriel would imply that many thieves are beginning to loosely organize themselves to make the trade more profitable. According to many of the loading screens, some of the outlaw refuges are run by gangs of thieves, while others are run by some of the more organized bandits.

We know that the Riften Thieves Guild exists before the turn of the 3rd era (Queen Barenziah was a member somewhere around 2E 900) but we don't know how early it was actually formed.

The official Thieves guild on Vvardenfell wont exist until the late 3rd era (as it is recently formed in TES III by Gentleman Jim Stacy), but the Camona Tong(less burglary and pickpocketing, more smuggling and killing) is based on Vvardenfell.

With the information we have, it appears that the Hew's Bane Thieves Guild is the most structured, and may be the only group currently calling itself the "Thieves Guild".

Thank you very much for the response!

Any other Thieves Guild lore discussions is welcome!
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tyrobag
    Good stuff!

soldier-coffee.jpg
    SirAxen wrote: »
    Recently, I got with a few friends and we had an idea for Tabletop in the ES universe.

@SirAxen
    I love the Thieves Guild content in ESO. I think basing a tabletop campaign in Elder Scrolls is an excellent idea.

Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tyrobag
    Good stuff!

soldier-coffee.jpg
    SirAxen wrote: »
    Recently, I got with a few friends and we had an idea for Tabletop in the ES universe.

@SirAxen
    I love the Thieves Guild content in ESO. I think basing a tabletop campaign in Elder Scrolls is an excellent idea.

Indeed. It's going to be a 3-4 session campaign as a group from the Thieves Guild on a heist. We are doing it as sort of a month break from our normal campaign. It should be a lot of fun.

I agree that the Thieves Guild content in ESO is great. It may be blasphemy to some, but I actually enjoy the Thieves Guild stories ESO more than Skyrims.