The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Ebonheart Chateau or Daggerfall Overlook?

LadyNalcarya
LadyNalcarya
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Im going to buy my first big house, but I cant make a decision. :D I like both, but I would probably regret buying both of them since I wont have enough time to decorate everything.
So, here's a question: which one would you choose and why? Screenshots of your Chateau/Overlook are also appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    I have Daggerfall, my husband has Ebonheart...they are both awesome, and I don't think you would really go wrong with either. Personally, I chose Daggerfall because I wanted the more traditional "castle" feel, and I didn't like the dark interior of Ebonheart.

Here are some pics of my Daggerfall Castle. Please keep in mind these are very old (from just a few weeks after housing released), but I am at work so I don't have any more recent screenshots handy. Things have changed pretty drastically, but it gives you an idea. It's a lot less sparse inside now.

https://goo.gl/photos/mRT6nYqxWMxoAB2Q9

We both play on PC NA, but if you have a way, I would be happy to show you around both. One negative I have on Daggerfall is the trap door in the basement. I did build a deck there for awhile, but it ended up feeling pretty useless and too disconnected from the rest of the house.

PC NA
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my personal preference is Daggerfall.

1. the title you get with it is awesome (Lord, Lady)
    2. its a little smaller and while it may seem like a drawback, it also makes it easier to decorate within furnishing limits
    3. its layout just feels more livable to me. I can't state architecture preference, as I like Dunmer style as much as I like Breton, so its down to layout.

I have a vid of my own decorated Daggerfall if you'd like to see https://youtu.be/a2S0gSSlTHM
    Edited by Linaleah on September 24, 2017 1:27PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer Daggerfall. More functional interior (all the rooms in Ebonheart are in the basement). Outdoors are nicer too (I don't like the constant darkness of Ebonheart).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 22, 2017 11:11PM
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I prefer Ebonheart Chateau.

It's the manor that I have, and the interior is more spacious than Daggerfall Overlook. In fact, my opinion is that the chateau has the best interior of any home in the game outside of Earthtear Cavern! EC has an enormous hall with the second floor overlooking it. While the second floor overlooks the first floor in DC as well, neither floor is a large as EC's. And yes, three of the rooms in EC are in the cellar. But they don't come off as just a large cellar. In fact, I made the central cellar room into my master bedroom.

When it comes to the exterior, I prefer EC but it really comes down to personal preference. Sure, you have a view of the ocean with Daggerfall Overlook, but with Ebonheart Chateau, you have a decent view of a lavafall fro the tower. Daggerfall's Overlook's tower, on the other hand, has some fairly thick fencing that makes it difficult to enjoy the view from up there. EC also has a slightly larger exterior overall. But in a nutshell, I think the exterior comes down to if your preference area-wise is thee Stonefalls or Glenumbra.

Also, if you're not interested in the other two big homes available atm (Serenity Falls Estate and Earthtear Cavern), keep in mind that Pariah's Pinnacle and the Observatory Prior are probably going to be released within the next month or so, in case you wish to save for either of those manors.
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on September 24, 2017 3:41AM
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forsaken Stronghold
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    Daggerfall was my pick of the three notable homes... then I bought Linchal lol. Still think I'll get DO next though.

I've really want to build a dock outside the trap door over the water!!

I like how it's not so dark, the outside is much more friendly for proper decorating and the interior feels more homely IMO.
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerfall. The ebonheart has a dark gloomy interior that even daedric braziers can't fix. It's ashy/smoky on the inside as well as the outside. The water access in daggerfall is awesome. I've seen second houses, awesome decks, sea caves, docks, random arrangements of daedric platform art, and even a water monster built out there.

Lasertooth
    GM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity
    Xbox/NA
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surely its more about Alliance loyalty?

Pact all the way!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • MighTyx
    MighTyx
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on what type of decoration and style you prefer.

Ebonheart Chateau if you like the dark gothic style, it's a great place to showcase lots of different items like statues and have all kinds of torture devices, daedra worship, vampire lairs, cool lighting effects with fire and so on.

Daggerfall Overlook if you prefer a more basic human style with better visibility. It's a little more functional both on the inside and the outside. There's a garden, a barn and stalls nearby, rooms for a proper kitchen, dining area, study place and master bedroom.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I may, I would also like to point out one more home that I feel, personally, is a steal: Hunding's Palatial Hall.

Sure, it is a large home and not a manor. However, it is quite large even for a large home. It's interior is quite nice, you can easily build a walkway to the roof and add an entire outdoor floor to it, like Daggerfall Overlook it has an ocean view plus a beach, and since it's a large home it will cost less than both EC and DO.

The only downside is having less furniture than a manor. However, if furnishings are one of the aspects you want most out of a home, then perhaps HPH isn't as good of an option as the other two. But like I said, it is at least worth considering in my opinion.
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on October 5, 2017 12:13AM
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Two reasons you like water and ocean feel DC
    You like more land and lava EP house

Both are very nice but two different feels one seems more light and open the other feels darker and gloomy.

So if you like bright ocean breeze or dark vampire feel it's really up to you.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What says Vampires dont like Daggerfall?
    Screenshot_20170805_004703.png?psid=1
    Edited by OmniDo on September 26, 2017 7:24PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omni, your links are broken again, but.. as someone who has visited aforementioned vamp layer - its brilliant :D
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    Omni, your links are broken again, but.. as someone who has visited aforementioned vamp layer - its brilliant :D
    Blarg...
    *updates with OneDrive*
    Screenshot_20170805_004703.png?psid=1
    Edited by OmniDo on September 25, 2017 11:32PM