The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A few concerns

fasecero
fasecero
Hi. There is no forum in my own language and I'm not fluent in English... just wanna put a few comments. I have bought this game like a month ago. Currently I'm level 35 and recently have achieved 50 enchantment. Also I have blacksmithing around 42, so I'll be around 50 perhaps in a week more, or two.

My fist issue is armor levels. I remember myself playing skyrim and using dwemer stuff to level up blacksmith and being able to wear daedric armor relatively soon. In here I can make almost any armor in the game but I can not wear almost none of it. So, level up A LOT more is the only way to use decent armor? It seems that I have to play this game for another 6 months and after like 100+ quest solved then I will be able to put the armor I want ... this kinda sucks for me, sorry for the expression.

My second issue is with enchanting. The quality of the glyph is defined by the aspect rune. But I don't get why the differences are so SMALL, I mean, for example, creating Kura (improvement 9) + Oko + ta (white rune) = +734 health. And Kura (improvement 9) + Oko + Kuta (GOLD RUNE!) = +954 maximun health (monumental glyph of health). Also Repora (IMPROVEMENT 10!) + Oko + Kuta (GOLD RUNE!) = +954 maximun health (truly superb glyph of health). So the difference is around +200 only??? I have like 500 Ta's available and one gold rune... I'm missing something here?

Anyway please don't get me wrong, this is a fantastic game and I love playing it :). It's just these crafting doubts that keeps myself questioning about if crafting is it worth it or not in the end.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your English is very good. I'll try to use plain sentences so my answer can be understood.

Armor

In ESO the armor uses a type of material and a "style material" stone.

The type of material (like rawhide, hide, leather) decides how strong the armor is. What type material and how strong the armor can be is decided by your player level. The stronger you get, the further up the line you will go. As a rule, try to wear armor that is within 6-8 levels of your character. For example, if you are wearing level 28 leather armor, think about replacing it when you hit player level 34. The more you out level your armor, the weaker you will be.

The style material makes the armor look different. Your character can learn styles by learning motifs and then they can make different looking armor. You can make Dwemer or Daedric armor of any level. You need to know the motifs and collect the materials. To see what different styles of armor look like, this is a good website:

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com

Enchanting

You are correct. The difference in power on glyphs can be small. For C160, a purple truly superb stamina glyph is +802 stamina. A gold is +868 stamina. However, you wear several glyphs becausemyou wear many armor pieces. So the benefits add up. Veteran top level players want to get as much power as they can. This is when it makes sense to use gold glyphs.

As a rule, you only need to use white, green or blue glyphs until you are a vet character. By then you will earn more purple and gold mats and understand when they're needed. If you do crafting writs or use the hirelings, you will earn enough purple and gold mats to use them when you need to.

Is crafting worth it?

It is helpful to make your own armor, glyphs, potions and food. The lines are easy to level. You seem to have leveled them very well based on your player level and already being at maximum on some. Especially enchanting, which is the hardest to level.

One of the biggest reasons to level your craft skills is to do daily crafting writs. These are the best source for gold mats, as well as many other rewards. Doing writs will eventually make you rich. You can look up guides for crafting writs, or if you have questions about them post in these forums. To start daily writs go to the mate and fighters guild in your zone 1 city (vukel guard, daggerfall or davons watch) and get certified by the npc there.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your English is far better than that of a lot of people whose native language is English. But I'm sure you know this.

Edited by Aurie on September 23, 2017 9:50PM
  • fasecero
    fasecero
    Aurelle
    I like very much your message but I still have a lot to learn yet. Just wait and see xD Thanks!

Davey
    That's a great post, thanks for your time in writing these all down, very interesting. You gave me a lot to think about, and I'm currently gathering more and more info, there is a lot of things that I didn't know. Besides this I have toons of ingots & runes so I'll try different combinations to see what that produces.