Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS reconsider your decision to make re-traited items self-bound, give chance to crafters!!!

altemriel
altemriel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
ZOS reconsider your decision to make re-traited items self-bound, give chance to crafters!!!
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i think there are several design choices for the new system that really need reconsidering.

1 - the binding. if you are using it on a BoE the item should stay BoE whether crafted or dropped. lets face it, BoE are not the items most in need of re-trait but when you choose to spend those crystals it should not cost you.

2 - crafters should play a role or have a function. i am not saying they should be involved in every re-trait as a necessary requirement but several things can give them a foot in the door here.
    Some example can include
    2a - sell crystals for writ vouchers 10v per crystal
    2b - sell a token for Wv that cuts the crystals by 10 - one per re-trait
    2c - sell a toekn for wv that keeps BoE status if it existed.
    ***Why should crafters get something out of this? Well because up until now they had the strongest hold on the "get the trait you want" market and now this new sub-system will cut into that a bit.

3 - The main zone quests and the main story quest should also give crystals. My suggestion is one crystal when you finish the entire main questlines of a zone (the old caldwell check-off) and when you finish the main story and kill you know who. Thats about 22ish stones if someone finishes every main zone questline and all the DLCs which is a massive amount of playtime and content done.
    *** Why should this content be included? One it drops rewards which re-trait sub-system could benefit. Two - its a major investment in time and play for the core content and this gives you a reason to keep running thru that even after 50. The participation to finish all the zones has gone down in the last few years uit seems - in no small part because there is little to gain from the gold/silver legs. This block of content should not be excluded from the subsystem. its not that much different than running dungeons with four man groups in terms of difficulty but it sure takes a lot more playtime.

As ZOS said

ZOS_GinaBruno wrote: »
    The new Transmutation system is intended as a way to assist you in obtaining the trait you desire for your gear as you play, but not be the primary way to obtain it. You'll obtain Transmutation Crystals as you play the content you're already participating in, but it isn't meant to be something you get immediately. We want you to feel like you have a way to eventually get the trait you want.

this should apply to the many hours of main quest content too.

it is just first week of PTS so i am hoping the feedback will have some impact.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."