Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Should ZOS Add CP to Battlegrounds?

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes

Got a guild of 50+ people. All pvp only. No of us do them because of no cp. Would love to use all the builds I created in a small scale slightly controlled environment.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Trying to get this back to first page for exposure.
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    This ruins BGs for all my non PvP Chars. Before i could just switch gear. Now i would have to change CP everytime in order to compete. I would not ever do so... RIP balanced PvP.
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • bigelle.x3_ESO
    bigelle.x3_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No
    BGs should be a competitive environment. There is nothing competitive about one player having massively inflated defense, damage, and sustain stats over a lower cp player. Thats like giving one hockey team sticks and the other team is forced to play with their hands. That's not really a hockey game is it? I am primarily a PvP player and i'm used to getting stomped by veteran players while learning PvP mechanics and classes and such, but if this change goes through and i know that my skill level doesn't matter one bit, just how long i can stand grinding cp experience, well i doubt i'll continue playing pvp, or this game quite frankly.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Yes

Got a guild of 50+ people. All pvp only. No of us do them because of no cp. Would love to use all the builds I created in a small scale slightly controlled environment.

Just to respond to this, making a BGs acceptable build oftentimes requires very minor tweaks of your cp build, I change something like 2 gear pieces around and am good to go for BGs. Sometimes will swap one skill or leave it the way it is depending on the way I'm feeling.

Plus, if you do well in Cyro, BGs could be a cakewalk, as of now is about 80% scrub
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    FFS...

I don't want to have to grind CP for dozens of hours to overcome a numerical disadvantage. I'm well behind the CP curve as I've always primarily PvPed. BGs made it so that disadvantage was removed. So much for that.

And what about attracting new players? BGs were a great way to give them a way to feel competitive in BGs without a horrendous grind. Sucks all around.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Glad to see that a clear majority is saying CP should not be added. I hope ZOS comments on why they are considering making this change. We really need some dialogue here as this is a huge change that went totally uncommented on by the Devs. I hope the feedback will make them consider reverting the change or low CP players will be left in the dust and the rest of us will be forced to play boring BGs where nobody dies.

@Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'm hoping for some insight on this change..if moderators can remove all of our posts from general discussion to here, the least the can do is provide some sort of explanation or reasoning.

@Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Edited by HEBREWHAMMERRR on September 22, 2017 5:19PM