The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Elder Scrolls Lore: ESO in Perspective - A Background into ESO and the Interregnum Period

RinaldoGandolphi
RinaldoGandolphi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
This is a really good video by Shoddycast detailing the background of Tamriel leading up to the Interregnum period of ESO. It explains a lot of about the founding of the Mage's Guild, the Fighter's Guild, the ruling of the Akaviri Potentates, and how everything happens that leads up to the events of The Elder Scrolls Online. This video is as accurate as it gets.

Before Tyrobag comes in mentioning UESP I got this tidbit for him
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore_talk:Bosmer

I don't know if anyone else has been watching the ShoddyCast TES lore series on Youtube. They're very good, but once or twice they've made factual mistakes which I've traced back to erroneous information on the UESP. I would prefer that this not happen again. Anyways, they're going to release a video on the Bosmer in two weeks. If they make reference to the "Tree-Sap People", for example, and this term turns out to have no basis in the games, it will make the UESP look bad. So, source or it didn't happen.

So the UESP isn't infallible just saying.

anyways, enjoy the video...Shoddy has been around a long time and has contibuted a lot to the UESP and other sources. Good guy, and great video Enjoy!

PS: Shoddy does get a bit "annoyed" by the ESO Faction Alignment, and how a Breton can be crowned Emp by the Aldmeri Dominion for example, and by lore he isn't wrong..he admits its OK to make a better game, but just ignore that part and don't take it personal...the rest of the video timeline is spot on though! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAV1F7DAlnU
Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
Officer Fire and Ice
Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    course it's not flawless, it's ultimately a wiki.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    en.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page

╭∩╮(0_0)╭∩╮

Anyway, thats exactly the point. Reading it yourself on the uesp you can check the sources, those videos on the other hand don't have to individually source everything they say.