The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PS4 NA BLOCK PLAYER DOESN'T WORK

generalmyrick
generalmyrick
✭✭✭✭✭
For the past week or 2 "toxic" individuals are back in my chat...i go to block them and it will not let me, it says, "you've already blocked this player."

"The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that when you block a player on PSN, ESO's "Voice Chat" respects that block, however ESO's "Text Chat" does not. I don't know why this is the case and if I'm right, I think it needs to be fixed.
    PS4NA
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    I believe that when you block a player on PSN, ESO's "Voice Chat" respects that block, however ESO's "Text Chat" does not. I don't know why this is the case and if I'm right, I think it needs to be fixed.

I found it to be the opposite, voice/group/zone chat doesnt honour the block and they appear yet text chat has blocked them.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fubar
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bhaal5 wrote: »
    dotme wrote: »

I found it to be the opposite, voice/group/zone chat doesnt honour the block and they appear yet text chat has blocked them.
    Interesting. I've rarely blocked a player due to zone text chat (although I'm still tempted sometimes... lol) so most of what I hear about respecting blocking there is 3rd hand.

I know in the past I've blocked players who like to run their music loudly in audio zone chat though, and I've generally been successful at muting them. Not sure what would happen if they were in guild or group audio chat though.
    PS4NA
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have had that issue arise, and you can hear them loud and clear via guild and group chat :'(
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed this last night.

@ZOS_GinaBruno - ESO is not respecting PSN blocking.

I successfully blocked a player on Saturday in Zone text chat for constant race baiting. Sunday I logged back into ESO and the same player was back in Zone text chat - Tried re-blocking and PSN said the block was already in place, so now I have to deal with this garbage?
    PS4NA