The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Turn in writs ANYWHERE!

scipionumatia
scipionumatia
✭✭✭✭
so now we will be able to turn in any level of crafting writs anywhere we choose which is awesome. but since we still need to pick up the quests and leave our homes to turn them in the crafting stations in our homes (while useful and cool) aren't really saving us any time. Id like to see the option to place a writ board in your house and the option to turn in writs at your house. You could have either a "runner" who you would talk to and they could deliver your goods for you or maybe just have the supply depots as something you can craft at a wood working station. Id prefer a runner, maybe make them a different race depending on the alliance? (AD runner, DC runner, EP runner) for those who play multiple alliances the runner would be the race of the alliance you purchased the runner with from the master writ store.
It would also be kinda funny if they talked crap on the other alliances and made quips about the "quality" of the gear your giving them.

I really like the utility that's coming to homes. I'm not much of a decorator but the mundus stones in the houses, crafting stations and the coming transmute stations are tempting me to start decorating hundings palatial hall or even to buy one of the larger manors. (DC Manor I'm looking at you)
Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    While I will agree with you, I have to point out the hilarity from a ZOS employees perspective.

"WE GAVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT. YOU CAN TURN THE WRITS IN ANYWHERE. NOTHING WILL PLEASE THEM NOTHIIINNGGG. THESE LAZY ASSES DON'T EVEN WANT TO LEAVE THEIR HOUSES!!"

But yeah, a writ-mailbox WOULD be really cool devs. Pretty pretty pretty please with so much sugar on top?
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Glockcoma725
    Completely agree with ya lol we will never be satisfied, customers never are haha besides I don't even want to leave my real house :D

I was also kind of interested in seeing where all of the writ pickup and drop off stations are to help me better plan my purchase of a house manor.

any maps would be appreciated!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Glockcoma725
    @scipionumatia

Totally agree ...

... but ...

... it's curious that ZOS is catering to end game crafters with easier writ turn-ins. All that while the new Transmutation system has almost nothing to do with end game crafting ... except possibly the Transmutation workbench that can be bought with writ vouchers.
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Taleof2Cities
    I think zos makes changes with future changes in mind. look at the quick research scrolls. they were implemented because in order to change the trait on a weapon you need to know the trait. the research scrolls make it easier to learn all the traits faster.
    all of the motifs coming out in crown crates make obtaining styles easier. and look at the Webster definition of transmutation:
    trans·mu·ta·tion
    [ˌtran(t)smyo͞oˈtāSHən, ˌtranzmyo͞oˈtāSHən]

NOUN
    the action of changing or the state of being changed into another form:
    "the transmutation of the political economy of the postwar years was complete"

I think changing traits on the weapon is just the beginning. likely we will soon be able to change motifs too. Maybe they will even let us nick name our gear like you could do back in Diablo2, change "werewolf hide axe" into "Scipios werewolf hide axe of despair". Maybe they will even allow us to change weapon types? IE bone pirate frost staff into a bone pirate dagger?
    Future is full of possibilities :)

• I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Taleof2Cities
    I think zos makes changes with future changes in mind. look at the quick research scrolls. they were implemented because in order to change the trait on a weapon you need to know the trait. the research scrolls make it easier to learn all the traits faster.
    all of the motifs coming out in crown crates make obtaining styles easier. and look at the Webster definition of transmutation:
    trans·mu·ta·tion
    [ˌtran(t)smyo͞oˈtāSHən, ˌtranzmyo͞oˈtāSHən]

NOUN
    the action of changing or the state of being changed into another form:
    "the transmutation of the political economy of the postwar years was complete"

I think changing traits on the weapon is just the beginning. likely we will soon be able to change motifs too. Maybe they will even let us nick name our gear like you could do back in Diablo2, change "werewolf hide axe" into "Scipios werewolf hide axe of despair". Maybe they will even allow us to change weapon types? IE bone pirate frost staff into a bone pirate dagger?
    Future is full of possibilities :)

When you say ZoS are making it "easier", you forgot to mention the real cost in buying motifs, mimic stones and research scrolls in the Crown Store.

They make the game hard and then let you pay to make it easier...