The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please look at PTS Changes

kaithuzar
kaithuzar
✭✭✭✭✭
Many people don't look at the PTS forum section. Please read the PTS & give your feedback. There's some very questionable stuff that might go down but if anything is going to be prevented we need numbers to avert a catastrophe.
Member of:
Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
Just Chill - Crown's house
GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
Legend - Siffer fan boy club
TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
Purple - hamNchz is my hero
Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    More importantly, please actually log into the PTS to try the changes, then give your feedback. While we certainly appreciate everyone's feedback based on the PTS patch notes, it helps to try things contextually and in the proper environment.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turns out the drop chance of these blasted transmute gems in normal ain't even close to 50 percent, more like ten

So to fix 1 item it's 40 vet dungeons, or about ten months for me lmao :D

Or a decade in normal :o

Time to switch to all crafted gear me thinks, this system is a bust
  • Yngol
    Yngol
    ✭✭✭
    Turns out the drop chance of these blasted transmute gems in normal ain't even close to 50 percent, more like ten

There are plenty of veteran dungeons that are fairly easy to complete, like City of Ash 1. If you're having an issue with completing those, trait changing wouldn't have benefitted you a whole lot to begin with.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For weps and armor its a matter of upgrading from blue, only thing you can retrait any ways. No one has proven you get better ring with traits between normal and vet as far as I know(post it if has please!). Normal should have a low drop rate for the crystals, be lucky they offered it I suppose.
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Integral1900 To be really honest if the content that you're playing is Normal mode then it really doesn't matter what traits your gear is in, and the system isn't designed to address any issues with normal mode content.

The transmutation system is there to address the more difficult content & end-game side of the spectrum where having specific high end items in perfect traits does make a big difference to leaderboard scores and ability to handle the hardest content in the game.....

When people have done hundreds of vMA runs to get even a half decent trait then there's something wrong, and thats what transmutation will do well... it gives those players a finish line so they won't be grinding hundreds of runs just to get a weapon they need... they'll be doing at most 40.

Worth just keeping in mind what its there to do before saying the system is a bust... its actually going to accomplish exactly what its been designed to.... but there really isn't an issue at normal level content that needs adressing with traits.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »

@Integral1900 To be really honest if the content that you're playing is Normal mode then it really doesn't matter what traits your gear is in, and the system isn't designed to address any issues with normal mode content.

The transmutation system is there to address the more difficult content & end-game side of the spectrum where having specific high end items in perfect traits does make a big difference to leaderboard scores and ability to handle the hardest content in the game.....

When people have done hundreds of vMA runs to get even a half decent trait then there's something wrong, and thats what transmutation will do well... it gives those players a finish line so they won't be grinding hundreds of runs just to get a weapon they need... they'll be doing at most 40.

Worth just keeping in mind what its there to do before saying the system is a bust... its actually going to accomplish exactly what its been designed to.... but there really isn't an issue at normal level content that needs adressing with traits.

So people like me shouldn't want to polish our charecters..... what a narrow way to look at it :/
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »

So people like me shouldn't want to polish our charecters..... what a narrow way to look at it :/

@Integral1900 Not at all... I agree with you that everybody will want their charachters to be the best they can be, whatever content they are running.

All I'm saying is that the 'need' is different... at normal level there is no actual requirement to have perfect traits, to compete for leaderboard scores at endgame there is.

All systems should be judged on what their aims are... I wouldn't personally judge the trait change system on normal mode content as it's not been designed for that... its designed to solve a big pain point for the end-game/Vet players, which is what it will do.

The fact that they have added some of the stones to normal content is a great bonus, but that was never what the system is designed for as there is no problem with completion of normal content that requires a fix.

Edited by Flaminir on September 20, 2017 10:59PM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More importantly, please actually log into the PTS to try the changes, then give your feedback. While we certainly appreciate everyone's feedback based on the PTS patch notes, it helps to try things contextually and in the proper environment.

I wish I could, however I called Panacea, SnB Ult, heavy armor, and Proc sets.

I'm calling the new staff right meow
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally I think the PTS forum should be behind a gate that requires a code to login, you only get the code after logging on to the actual PTS. Too often these forums get bombarded by apocalyptic views of people that have never ever been on the PTS and simply want to preserve whatever broken combinations they're currently using.
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »

Personally I think the PTS forum should be behind a gate that requires a code to login, you only get the code after logging on to the actual PTS. Too often these forums get bombarded by apocalyptic views of people that have never ever been on the PTS and simply want to preserve whatever broken combinations they're currently using.

So log in, wayshrine into cwc through a guuldmate, look at the city, log out, talk smack, profit?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Eh, that didn't go over well with Morrowind
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe patch notes should be built into the launcher...
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Us console users don't have any PTS access, so can only base our comments on the patch notes.

Transmutation will mean nothing to me as I don't run a lot of vet content - so I still get no real benefit for the time and effort put into trait research and motif hunting. It would be nice to see some additional ongoing benefits for high level crafters. Maybe reductions in crystals needed or increased chance/number of them dropping based on traits researched or motifs learnt (or other achievement).

I can certainly see the easiest vet dungeons being farmed like mad for crystals and I pity the poor lowly puggers trying to figure out mechanics while others in their group are racing through them as quick as they can.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • wesmont65
    wesmont65
    ✭✭
    Yngol wrote: »

There are plenty of veteran dungeons that are fairly easy to complete, like City of Ash 1. If you're having an issue with completing those, trait changing wouldn't have benefitted you a whole lot to begin with.

Yap, I mean I can complete vCoA 1 with guildmates in 15 minutes, it's not so hard. On the other hand I also think that 40 crystals for a retrait maybe needs to drop down to 20 or 25.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

So log in, wayshrine into cwc through a guuldmate, look at the city, log out, talk smack, profit?

Most trolls aren’t that dedicated.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wesmont65 wrote: »
    Yngol wrote: »

Yap, I mean I can complete vCoA 1 with guildmates in 15 minutes, it's not so hard. On the other hand I also think that 40 crystals for a retrait maybe needs to drop down to 20 or 25.
    I say vCoA1 is easier than normal WGT or IcP, vBC1 is pretty hard because of the random one shot, wayrest 2 is easy for being an 2 dungeon.

Drop chance of farming vCoA1 would be interesting, it should be higher than farming normal's.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^^. This.

Especially since a lot of what is posted in the forums is incomplete or entirely incorrect.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

^^^^. This.

Especially since a lot of what is posted in the forums is incomplete or entirely incorrect.

from both sides LOL
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Some stuff requires no testing to be fair. Anyone who plays the game enough can see something broken instantly. Like that staff for PvP is too strong. Those buffs are ether the effect of a skill (a big reason to use the skill) or from two different 5 pieces. So putting it in one weapon and skill is obvious that it'll be too strong. One guy in a group keeps that on me and I'm screwed.

What's there to test about the alliance war? What will logging into a pts tell me about that? There were no changes, so what can I test?

The vma weapon/spell damage removal is a nerf to them in pvp which makes them useless. No further testing required. It's there in black and white.
    I do like how you rehashed the old "this will be a buff if" with the "you can now safely enchant". Made me chuckle :)
    Edited by Brrrofski on September 21, 2017 3:27PM
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There needs to be more than one method of getting the Transmute gems than just doing vet dungeons. How about purchase for AP or Tel Var?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Brrrofski wrote: »

Some stuff requires no testing to be fair. Anyone who plays the game enough can see something broken instantly. Like that staff for PvP is too strong. Those buffs are ether the effect of a skill (a big reason to use the skill) or from two different 5 pieces. So putting it in one weapon and skill is obvious that it'll be too strong. One guy in a group keeps that on me and I'm screwed.

What's there to test about the alliance war? What will logging into a pts tell me about that? There were no changes, so what can I test?

The vma weapon/spell damage removal is a nerf to them in pvp which makes them useless. No further testing required. It's there in black and white.
    I do like how you rehashed the old "this will be a buff if" with the "you can now safely enchant". Made me chuckle :)

Right, but what you (the general you) might be missing is how that staff performs against another player that's wearing a re-balanced item set, for example. That's why we ask you to try it in context instead of just looking at a single number or single patch note.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rebalanced set or not, thats three top end status effects guaranteed... that equals dead in case anyone wasn't listening, basicaly anyone who isn't very skilled, very well equipped or very lucky is stuffed. Weapons like this are why pvp cannot be balanced, not everyone can get this stuff therefore you get a salty majority being preyed on by a handful of near godlike players... gee... that's sounds fun :/
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Us console users don't have any PTS access, so can only base our comments on the patch notes.

Transmutation will mean nothing to me as I don't run a lot of vet content - so I still get no real benefit for the time and effort put into trait research and motif hunting. It would be nice to see some additional ongoing benefits for high level crafters. Maybe reductions in crystals needed or increased chance/number of them dropping based on traits researched or motifs learnt (or other achievement).

I can certainly see the easiest vet dungeons being farmed like mad for crystals and I pity the poor lowly puggers trying to figure out mechanics while others in their group are racing through them as quick as they can.

That's one benefit of owning the game on both platforms. I only play live on Xbox, but I get on PC for the PTS.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

What happened to looking at bow for buffs in this update?!

Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »
    There needs to be more than one method of getting the Transmute gems than just doing vet dungeons. How about purchase for AP or Tel Var?

@Vizier

Thought I read they can be gained in PvP. Rewards of the worthy.

Of course if that is the case then they do not need to be obtainable via tel var or AP.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

There are counters to the Asylum Destro staff that EVERYONE can use. Damage Shields prevent status effects, hence use ->

Bone Shield / Igneous Shield / Harness Magicka / Brawler. As long as you have any shield up, the staff is completely useless, but with still consume the cooldown of 4 seconds. I agree that the cooldown might need to be a little higher, but that's about it.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

There are counters to the Asylum Destro staff that EVERYONE can use. Damage Shields prevent status effects, hence use ->

Bone Shield / Igneous Shield / Harness Magicka / Brawler. As long as you have any shield up, the staff is completely useless, but with still consume the cooldown of 4 seconds. I agree that the cooldown might need to be a little higher, but that's about it.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This mentality perfectly explains why some people shouldn't be game testers.

Not trying to be mean but just not qualified for the job.
    Edited by James-Wayne on September 22, 2017 1:39AM
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Right, but what you (the general you) might be missing is how that staff performs against another player that's wearing a re-balanced item set, for example. That's why we ask you to try it in context instead of just looking at a single number or single patch note.

While it's generally correct that you need to test stuff before arriving to conclusions, this rule can't be blindly applied to everything for the sake of it.

Asylum staff is a good example of 'immediately obvious problem' unless it doesn't work in a way consistent with the patch notes.

For instance if, for some reason, the application of all 3 debuffs from the staff can be prevented by blocking, this would noticeably change its effectiveness. But interactions like this should've been mentioned in the patch notes themselves. I doubt you expect the players on PTS to try every possible combinations of interactions of the particular item with anything else.

And, generally, i think it would be reasonable for CMs to stop by for a half an hour and cover the hottest topics on PTS forums.

A simple 'We understand your concerns and will get back to you with proper reply before PTS ends' would be immensely better than most of CMs interactions with players on the forum that we have right now.

For instance could we get any kind of response regarding:

1. Concerns with wardens pve dps.
    2. Pvp related concerns with the state of mag sorcs, medium armor balance, prevalence of tanky specs and zergy state Cyrodiil.
    3. Concerns regarding CP only 50lvl + bgs.
    4. Concerns with Asylum staff in pvp:)

^ these are some (not all) problematic topics that i happen to know about.

Dev team's silence regarding issues raised on the PTS forums, coupled with the same silence in the response to possible unintended behavior reports can only lead to fewer reports and, thus, worse state of the final product.

For instance, i discovered a possibly unintended behavior with the glyphs on weapon-swap on PTS. But i didn't report it, because i have no way to know if it's intended or not. And judging from my previous experience i expect no reaction to my reports from the dev/cm teams. At this point it feels like a lottery. 'They might do something, they might not do anything'. But the only thing is certain - they will not acknowledge that they even noticed the reports.

We do our best to help you test your content with you. But it becomes quite an off-putting task if you don't test it with us.

Thank you for you time!
    Edited by Dorrino on September 23, 2017 4:06PM
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be really awesome if the people who represent more than two thirds of the overall playerbase that own the game on console had the chance to do that. But since ZOS still refuses to allow us access the best we can do is read the PTS patch notes and comment on them. And I'd thank you very much to not take that sort of tone with us until we do have the same opportunity as those that own the game on PC.