The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Does this always happen when using Master Recipe List?

Saturnana
Saturnana
✭✭✭✭✭
I've done some experimenting with (de)installing & turning on/off my add-ons, so I've been able to pinpoint this problem to the Master Recipe List specifically. Whenever I open ANY in-game screen, whether it's Settings, Inventory, Map, Quests, you name it.. upon closing that screen the cursor-mode is automatically enabled. I then have to toggle back to cross hair-mode manually, which frustrates me like you wouldn't believe.

Is this supposed to happen / happening for anyone else?
Is there a way to turn it off?

I hope it's an option somewhere, because otherwise I'll be quickly de-installing an otherwise very useful add-on.
Help is appreciated! :)
Edited by Saturnana on September 11, 2017 7:39PM
@Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                  - Sheogorath

Best Answer

• Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be a bug with ZOS game code that imposes limits on the number of active fragments in a scene, and if the number goes over a certain threshold (lots of mods making random cahnges) then API calls to unregister top level control (cursor mode) get ignored.

I'll add an option to Master Recipe List to not automatically go into cursor mode when opening the addon (original behavior) but the function to toggle to cursor mode on activation is 100% ZOS code so if it is bugged it needs to get reported to ZOS devs so they fix it.
    Answer ✓
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    It could be a bug with ZOS game code that imposes limits on the number of active fragments in a scene, and if the number goes over a certain threshold (lots of mods making random cahnges) then API calls to unregister top level control (cursor mode) get ignored.

I'll add an option to Master Recipe List to not automatically go into cursor mode when opening the addon (original behavior) but the function to toggle to cursor mode on activation is 100% ZOS code so if it is bugged it needs to get reported to ZOS devs so they fix it.

I actually uninstalled the add-on and ran into a very similar problem with another one some time later, so that leads me to believe it's not Master Recipe List itself but rather something on ZOS' side, or a combination of certain add-ons that may not work together properly. Will try out some things and keep you posted. ;) Thanks for explaining!
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath