Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Do these quests affect everyone or just me?

Chackan
Chackan
✭✭
So I just finished quest where I freed a whole village from Colonials that have taken it by assault. This is in an open space in the World, not an instance.

Pror to the quest there where no merchants or anything, just mobs.

After I was done, the town was filled with friendly NPCs, vendors, etc.

Did this influence everyone inthe server? Say that a friend of mine who didn't accept the quest was to enter this village. How would it appear to him?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The town is instanced to you. So your friend would see it as it was before you rescued the town. If you were to group up and go in the town you would not see each other as you would each be a different instance. There are a few places that do this.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Chackan
    Chackan
    ✭✭
    Are there any exceptions? Because I didnt enter any instance (no loading screens no nothing)!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's called "phasing", or "layers". Certain parts of the overworld have numerous layers, and your quest progression determines which layer your character enters when you cross a phase boundary. There aren't many places where this happens, but some of the major ones are Camlorn, Haven, Velyn Harbor, and Arenthia.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Town is only liberated for you, other players see "their" town
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chackan wrote: »
    Are there any exceptions? Because I didnt enter any instance (no loading screens no nothing)!

You don't enter an instance or anything like that. There is an area in Bangkori, in the North near the dolmen that has Wyresses you help. Anyway, once you have cleared it, most of the area is docile and friendly. But, as you approach it on the road, you see briefly hostile mobs, then you see the friendly ones. Approach from the North.

So, as explained above, it is more a phase than an instance.
    Edited by Nestor on September 20, 2017 2:10PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"