The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nos's "Aoe King" Stam Sorc build (HotR DLC ready)

• hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This build needed a bump, haha. It is really strong and the rotation is really not bad when you get the hang of it.

Just to show what this build can do, even in a "support" position. Running Sunderflame/Hundings/Veli. Only change to Nos's rotation was to move one HA in front of Rending, to make sure we have close to 100% uptime on sunderflame for our group. My second time raiding on stam in over a year.

MGXW8SA.png
    Varlariel: 54,186 total DPS, 51,352 ST DPS, 99% sunder uptime for group.

That nice dps and that mouth watering Sunder uptime

Now we just need gold Sunder jewelry in the vendor for the extra 160 or so stamina and like 4 weapon damage. Definitely worth the 750k gold. Haha

You joke but id buy it...my OCD is killing me
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This build needed a bump, haha. It is really strong and the rotation is really not bad when you get the hang of it.

Just to show what this build can do, even in a "support" position. Running Sunderflame/Hundings/Veli. Only change to Nos's rotation was to move one HA in front of Rending, to make sure we have close to 100% uptime on sunderflame for our group. My second time raiding on stam in over a year.

MGXW8SA.png
    Varlariel: 54,186 total DPS, 51,352 ST DPS, 99% sunder uptime for group.

That nice dps and that mouth watering Sunder uptime

Now we just need gold Sunder jewelry in the vendor for the extra 160 or so stamina and like 4 weapon damage. Definitely worth the 750k gold. Haha

You joke but id buy it...my OCD is killing me

We both know that I would too...
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    I'm using Stormfist+Automaton+Sunderflame (with dual sunder axes) and my bars look very similar to yours, but with a few differences:

Instead of surge, I'm using hurricane on back bar and shrouded daggers on the main bar as a spammable for once or twice every rotation.

The AoE gets even crazier and it doesn't affect your single target damage at all (I get pretty much the same number on the robust dummy as you do), but the AoE is really crazy. I even prefer it over rending slashes whenever I use surge on the back bar.

Kragh might be best on a dummy, but Stormfist has AoE, and doesn't miss as often as Kragh does, especially in HoF... And whenever you have to block, stormfists recovery is really going to help.

Here's an example parse, no fracture, just me:

Tn4R7kc.jpg
    Edited by Masel on August 22, 2017 8:35PM
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    I'm using Stormfist+Automaton+Sunderflame (with dual sunder axes) and my bars look very similar to yours, but with a few differences:

Instead of surge, I'm using hurricane on back bar and shrouded daggers on the main bar as a spammable for once or twice every rotation.

The AoE gets even crazier and it doesn't affect your single target damage at all (I get pretty much the same number on the robust dummy as you do), but the AoE is really crazy. I even prefer it over rending slashes whenever I use surge on the back bar.

Kragh might be best on a dummy, but Stormfist has AoE, and doesn't miss as often as Kragh does, especially in HoF... And whenever you have to block, stormfists recovery is really going to help.

Hey I dont take surge off for trials as it has saved me numerous times, I cant justify that. The more I dont have to worry about survival the more I can dps, especially if I ever wanna get that Tick Tock Tormentor title. I also wear stormfist, but only on trash, since the single target damage and the loss of a useful one piece is not worth it. Velidreth is the best ST monster set to wear hands down in optimized groups.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

Hey I dont take surge off for trials as it has saved me numerous times, I cant justify that. The more I dont have to worry about survival the more I can dps, especially if I ever wanna get that Tick Tock Tormentor title. I also wear stormfist, but only on trash, since the single target damage and the loss of a useful one piece is not worth it. Velidreth is the best ST monster set to wear hands down in optimized groups.

Oh alright, i was basing my post on the rotation video you made and you were wearing kragh in that one.
    I'm always for safety first as well, but i'm still not sure whether it's better to use rending slashes or shrouded daggers...
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh alright, i was basing my post on the rotation video you made and you were wearing kragh in that one.
    I'm always for safety first as well, but i'm still not sure whether it's better to use rending slashes or shrouded daggers...

I have been experimenting with that myself. I think if you were min/maxing to the nth degree, you would drop Power Surge, shuffle your bars a bit and make room for a spammable on you front bar. I have messed with it on dummies, with the goal of casting DOTs on cooldown while using Shrouded daggers as a spam skill. I get very similar numbers (34-35k), but the rotation becomes more complex. I think the beauty of this rotation is that it is perfectly Circular. A ciruclar rotation does have its downfalls because you will either over or under cast certain DOTS, but i think its ultimately better for 99% of players. Not saying you couldnt come up with a ciruclar rotation using a spam skill, but I question whether it makes sense to drop a survival skill like surge. If you kept surge, rending slashes would probably be the next one to go. Just spit balling here.

There are definitely some fights like the lighting attro where a ranged spammable would be useful. To be honest, I havent missed a spammable as much as I thought I would (still new at this one). When I run sunder, I only double up on HAs one time. Not sure a spam skill would add a whole lot for that.

Also, should I be running Stormfist in trash?
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on August 22, 2017 9:10PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats a good thought, im gonna check and see if replacing them would yield higher dps...one issue I forsee is sustain...while on fights like valariel I finish with over 60% stam, on the mage I still run low..rending can be cast once and ticks. Shrouded would be used around 2 to 3 times so it could get expensive. Your suggestion did make me think....what if we drop rending and use rapids could be interesting.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Just wanted to add a couple of parses here:

Sunder uptime is very nice in those fights :smile: i used shrouded daggers here, and surge on the back bar (not at all needed in vAA, but still :smiley: )

E8v0aeB.jpg

dBmeXtE.jpg
    Edited by Masel on August 23, 2017 9:56PM
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to add a couple of parses here:

Sunder uptime is very nice in those fights :smile: i used shrouded daggers here, and surge on the back bar (not at all needed in vAA, but still :smiley: )

E8v0aeB.jpg

dBmeXtE.jpg

Nice! very close to 50k!
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92
    Just comparing my parses to yours, not a perfect comparison of course, it looks like Rending is giving about 800 more DPS compared to Shrouded Daggers, and my stamina drain is about 200 less than yours. On a stack fight like the varlariel, I am not sure I see the advantage of a spam skill. On a more mobile fight, perhaps it makes more sense.

I am curious what kind of DPS it does on a fight like the Storm attro or perhaps the twins in MOL, where you need to do a bit more running around.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on August 24, 2017 10:21PM
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    @Masel92
    Just comparing my parses to yours, not a perfect comparison of course, it looks like Rending is giving about 800 more DPS compared to Shrouded Daggers, and my stamina drain is about 200 less than yours. On a stack fight like the varlariel, I am not sure I see the advantage of a spam skill. On a more mobile fight, perhaps it makes more sense.

I am curious what kind of DPS it does on a fight like the Storm attro or perhaps the twins in MOL, where you need to do a bit more running around.

Keep in mind that my stamsorc is a khajiit, so the sustain is worse than a redguard for example... I should have a parse from the storm atro somewhere.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • humpalicous
    humpalicous
    ✭✭✭
    This is exactly what threads on this forum should be like, thoughtful suggestions, counters and ideas.

Keep it up folks, I'm taking notes as I main a Stam Sorc as well want to improve my game with him :)
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    I've got another very nice thing that i wanna suggest for the build here: Focused aim.

This skill is very very nice for support and damage at once, its actually a dps increase for me. It provides minor fracture and hits for 20k on average. Very good if you don't have a stamplar and even if you do, it will increase the uptime on minor fracture.

My Bars:

Deadly Cloak, Shrouded Daggers, Rearming Trap, Razor Caltrops, Bound Arma, Flawless DB

Endless Hail, Focused Aim, Poison Injection, Hurricane, Bound Arma, Ballista

Selfbuffed parse, no major fracture, with 5 Automaton, 2 Stormfist, 5 Sunder with Dual Sunder Axes (one sharpened, one infused), vMA nirn bow back bar:

qPi0fKx.jpg

6frR0iz.jpg

Rotation is the same, i just cast Focused aim instead of Caltrops and razor caltrops instead of rending slashes.

Oh and there's ofc still room for improvement for me. And this can basically be done by any stamina based build.
    Edited by Masel on August 27, 2017 12:28AM
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got another very nice thing that i wanna suggest for the build here: Focused aim.

This skill is very very nice for support and damage at once, its actually a dps increase for me. It provides minor fracture and hits for 20k on average. Very good if you don't have a stamplar and even if you do, it will increase the uptime on minor fracture.

My Bars:

Deadly Cloak, Shrouded Daggers, Rearming Trap, Razor Caltrops, Bound Arma, Flawless DB

Selfbuffed parse, no major fracture, with 5 Automaton, 2 Stormfist, 5 Sunder with Dual Sunder Axes (one sharpened, one infused), vMA nirn bow back bar:

qPi0fKx.jpg

6frR0iz.jpg

Rotation is the same, i just cast Focused aim instead of Caltrops and razor caltrops instead of rending slashes.

Oh and there's ofc still room for improvement for me. And this can basically be done by any stamina based build.

I didnt like shrouded daggers, but I did like your Focused Aim idea...I optimized the rotation for it as well:)
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

My Bars:

qPi0fKx.jpg

6frR0iz.jpg

Intersting...stormfist alone contributes for 20% minor vulnerability uptime :O
    What DPS do you usually get from that monsterset?
    Noobplar
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, the cp distribution is same as mine! Hehehe, now I feel less bad. I do love that Storm Fist.

Edit: For solo and duo situations, would you use NMG or Hunding's Rage?
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on September 12, 2017 12:24AM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, the cp distribution is same as mine! Hehehe, now I feel less bad. I do love that Storm Fist.

Hey id use Hundings
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey id use Hundings

Sorry, I shoud have mentioned, I dont have TFS. Just cant seem to luck out on the weapons. So it's Vicious Ophidian paired with either Hunding's Rage or Night Mother's Gaze. Predominantly solo and duo dungeon runs.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey id use Hundings

Sorry, I shoud have mentioned, I dont have TFS. Just cant seem to luck out on the weapons. So it's Vicious Ophidian paired with either Hunding's Rage or Night Mother's Gaze. Predominantly solo and duo dungeon runs.

Either should work well tbh.
  • NotNormanBates
    NotNormanBates
    ✭✭✭
    Do you use nmg weapons or tfs weapons? Is it possible to keep either of their buffs up while you switch bars? Been looking all over for an answer but cant seem to find it. Plus no combat metrics since i'm on console
    Edited by NotNormanBates on September 12, 2017 2:09PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you use nmg weapons or tfs weapons? Is it possible to keep either of their buffs up while you switch bars? Been looking all over for an answer but cant seem to find it. Plus no combat metrics since i'm on console

I usually run Sunderflame and NM with this build, using NM weapons. You can keep both of them up north of 90% for a boss fight. The cooldown on NM is 6 seconds and you should never be on your back bar that long, so on stationary fights, you can get close to 100% uptime with the weapons.

TFS works a little different. You really shouldnt be running TFS on boss fights, but if you do, it makes more sense on the body so you can keep the buff stack going. It works out well because NM weapons are much easier to acquire.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on September 12, 2017 3:36PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I usually run Sunderflame and NM with this build, using NM weapons. You can keep both of them up north of 90% for a boss fight. The cooldown on NM is 6 seconds and you should never be on your back bar that long, so on stationary fights, you can get close to 100% uptime with the weapons.

TFS works a little different. You really shouldnt be running TFS on boss fights, but if you do, it makes more sense on the body so you can keep the buff stack going. It works out well because NM weapons are much easier to acquire.

What Bear said
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you run both Sunderflame and NMG on the same build or pair each with Hundings/Automaton depending on group?

• hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you run both Sunderflame and NMG on the same build or pair each with Hundings/Automaton depending on group?

I ussually go full dps, but bear runs nmg/subder for us
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey id use Hundings

Either should work well tbh.

Cheers, love the guide.