Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Trove and Cunning Scamp (Also flag bosses) issues

EkojiRone
EkojiRone
✭✭
During the IC event I tried to spend most of my time chasing scamps since they are so hard to find.
Many times I'd be running after a scamp and would runs under the ground even before it reached its end running path.. In other cases the scamp starts to run then freezes becomes invulnerable to any attacks then vanishes from sight. This happened to me about 5 times before I stopped. It get very frustrating having the game bug out this way when it takes forever to find the buggers to begin with.

I noticed something similar is happening the flag bosses that path through IC Sewers. They will walk along their normal path then freeze and just vanish. Thinking they are gone I'd carry out my grind patterns and bam! they are on me and attacking me from nowhere and I have no clue how they got there.

Not sure if anyone else has his issue during the event but kinda hope they could fix this.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like normal lag, especially with that many players in the sewers farming Molag Balls. :p
    But yes, that is normal lag behavior.
  • EkojiRone
    EkojiRone
    ✭✭
    Only thing I have to say to that is I was on a low traffic server :). Decided to get away from the crazies
  • EkojiRone
    EkojiRone
    ✭✭
    So went back into the servers to try it out. And yet again with the glitchy enemies. The Boss flag guys and the scamps. I took a few screenshots this time and was chatting with a friend about it. Think I'll wait until they fix the scamps to do that achievement. That or I will pick at it and try to get a few each day.

I was chasing the scamp it run up the stairs then stoped.. I got to turn around and look at its face as it vanished...
    Screenshot_20170918_181819.png
    Screenshot_20170918_181833.png
    Screenshot_20170918_181834.png
    Screenshot_20170918_181835.png

Boss walks to just that part of the stairs in the same room.. Stands there and then pop! vanishes.. There is a dead body on the floor near me so you know it didn't walk past.
    Screenshot_20170918_175408.png
    Screenshot_20170918_175440.png

Edited by EkojiRone on September 18, 2017 10:55PM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I notice no ping meter on your screen. There is an option in settings to enable fps and ping meters and you can move them around. Enable at least the ping meter and see if it turns red during or right after this. It's slow to update is why it may show after, but it may tell you why it is happening.
  • EkojiRone
    EkojiRone
    ✭✭
    I'll try taking a look at that. But even with other party members nobody was lagging or anything. Everyone saw what I saw. But again I'll check.. I have a feeling something is up with the game itself..
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EkojiRone wrote: »
    During the IC event I tried to spend most of my time chasing scamps since they are so hard to find.
    Many times I'd be running after a scamp and would runs under the ground even before it reached its end running path.. In other cases the scamp starts to run then freezes becomes invulnerable to any attacks then vanishes from sight. This happened to me about 5 times before I stopped. It get very frustrating having the game bug out this way when it takes forever to find the buggers to begin with.

I noticed something similar is happening the flag bosses that path through IC Sewers. They will walk along their normal path then freeze and just vanish. Thinking they are gone I'd carry out my grind patterns and bam! they are on me and attacking me from nowhere and I have no clue how they got there.

Not sure if anyone else has his issue during the event but kinda hope they could fix this.

Yeah, this is getting seriously pathetic with the lag in the smallest of Dungeons. Skills don't go off, can't bar swap, get stuck in a HA while having no LMB pressed, so I can't use any other damn skills at all.

It is at the moment bordering any form of playability, in my humble opinion.

:angry:
    Edited by Idinuse on September 21, 2017 4:10AM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • EkojiRone
    EkojiRone
    ✭✭
    It's sad to see that after a year or so of posting the images above bugs are going on in the sewers. I made a bug report in-game in hopes the DEV's will see this issue and try to fix it.

SEVER PC-NA

I have been hunting scamps for the past 3-4 days in IC sewers..
    I'm an AD toon, so I simply want to farm my scamps in my own zone. Red does have some great easy pickings.. but I dont feel like getting killed and walking back each time. Also, we should have a bug free sewer.

Scamp Locations in AD:
    Some scamps run very very fast and won't let you hit them until they get to their first teleport point.
    Other scamps run 2 feet then freeze in place and are untargetable.. then vanish.

Banner Walkers in AD
    For the bosses, now not only do they get stuck in multiple spots.. but while they are stuck they are invisibly moving around..and if you step into their invisible path.. they spawn on you and attack you.

ZOS, I hope you read this message this take and take a look into fixing this.
    Edited by EkojiRone on December 28, 2018 5:34AM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've witnessed these bugs as well, many times.

Are you PC/NA? If so feel free to add me in game, I'd be up for some AD scamp slaying. Still need 15-20 or so of each type.
    Edited by Solariken on December 28, 2018 5:17AM
  • EkojiRone
    EkojiRone
    ✭✭
    Here is a screen of me trying to kill this scamp that froze after moving a few feet from spawn point.
    (Ping and connection are now on the screen shot)
    03gy8p35lq2k.png
    ry7rt67bvs14.png

There are multiple bosses that are standing still, however are invisably moving.. if you take a step into where.. they should be walking.. they will teleport on top of you and start attacking..
    0frbqqf5n5kr.png
    00444n5snxj1.png
    hkhmtarmeed5.png
    5tacunp3brth.png
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard that the AD scamps are very buggy. Most people camp EP scamps for the achievements as those are not bugged and are most convenient in spawning
  • EkojiRone
    EkojiRone
    ✭✭
    "I have been hunting scamps for the past 3-4 days in IC sewers..
    I'm an AD toon, so I simply want to farm my scamps in my own zone. Red does have some great easy pickings.. but I dont feel like getting killed and walking back each time. Also, we should have a bug free sewer."

I have tried that. I get ganked then I have to run the entire way again. This forum IMO is about reporting bugs to be fixed not weighing the best choice.

However, thanks for the suggestion. I also figured it would be worth it if it was quiet enough!