The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Courtyard Wayshrine

SFDB
SFDB
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm sure this has been discussed repeatedly but wanted to bring it up again: houses with exterior areas should be allowed to purchase and setup wayshrines. Right now I'm looking at Linchal Grand Manor, and I like it a lot, but a hundred bucks is a lot to spend on an imaginary house. The problem is that it's not near anything. Snugpod is next to everything and this grand manor is isolated. This wouldn't be an issue if it had a wayshrine, then you could easily get to wherever you wanted. It even has an area that looks perfect for a wayshrine, all it lacks is the item.

As they say, location, location, location. I'm not sure looking nice is good enough to justify that steep a price. The lack of convenient items outside, and no wayshrine inside, is what is holding me back from paying that huge price.

Please consider adding wayshrine furnishings in some form, whether the crown store, writ vendor, achievement vendors, anything.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Even if they are 4K crowns?
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get Easy Travel*. It'll change your in-game life. Promise. I almost never use wayshrines anymore.

That said, I too would enjoy a wayshrine furnishing option for my home and our guild hall.

*If you're PC/Mac and in a couple guilds/have a solid friends list.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes

To OP, buy your crowns on sale.

However, seems your really complaining about the new manor and it's costs. Might have wanted to create two different threads.
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    I'd pay 4K in crowns for one. Easy.

I only have two houses though...
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Yes

To OP, buy your crowns on sale.

However, seems your really complaining about the new manor and it's costs. Might have wanted to create two different threads.

I'm not complaining about the cost, I am just noting that because the cost is high, the presence or absence of one element - one that ZoS could potentially provide in the future - is influencing whether or not I make a major purchase (because at the moment, it's more attractive than other homes but less convenient, so deciding whether or not an aesthetic is worth a step backwards in utility is the hard part). I'm hoping the revelation that they could potentially make more money both on the item AND on the fact that it makes other expensive items more attractive will encourage them to release that item.

If I was complaining about cost, I would have to spell it Zo$, that's the law of the Internet you know. And I would have used the word "greed" in there at least twice and mentioned "clown crates."
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll bet it's not as simple as it sounds. It dawned on me the other day that houses are pretty much just dungeons

They're instanced, you can travel to them without using a wayshrine, and your personal banker and merchant are as useless in a house as they are in a dungeon too. I'm guessing that when housing was created, they probably started with a dungeon model and thus inherited all the built-in restrictions that come with a dungeon too. That includes no wayshrines as a way out.

They could change it of course, but it's probably something that would require effort. I'd be happy if they'd just let your personal banker grant access to your guild banks/stores while in a home but I don't even think that's easy or it probably would have been done by now.
    PS4NA