Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So you can now attack players from the oil grates above main gates

JamieAubrey
JamieAubrey
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Who made this change ?
Why was this added in ?
When was this added ?
Has it always been like this ?
When will it (not) be changed back ?

*EDIT*

I was talking about attacking people from under the small one above the MGs, not the big ones on Outposts
Edited by JamieAubrey on September 14, 2017 11:53AM
  • br0steen
    br0steen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can they get knocked through the grate?
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    br0steen wrote: »

I'll have to check next time I'm on
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was always a thing, I had just noticed a lot of the time they bugged out and you couldn't use Oil through them. I'm assuming from this now that they fixed that?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is what the murder holes are there for.
    Called defending your gate.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's always been like that... and it's intended. And it works both ways.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who made this change ?
    Why was this added in ?
    When was this added ?
    Has it always been like this ?
    When will it (not) be changed back ?

It was always like this, but didn't work in a few keeps due to perhaps some art asset placement issue. I believe it still doesn't work in those particular keeps.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on August 29, 2017 8:16PM
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes they can
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭

It has always been like that ... just.... Don't stand on the grate! Lol
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has never not been true, except for the 2 keeps that it should work for but doesn't. At most keeps, only a single oil, placed at the widest part of the grate, will work. Many people try to put two there, one at each end, which wastes oils and doesn't do any damage.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oil grates have long been the primo method to turn potatoes into crispy fries.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Skyy
    Skyy
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    This has never not been true, except for the 2 keeps that it should work for but doesn't. At most keeps, only a single oil, placed at the widest part of the grate, will work. Many people try to put two there, one at each end, which wastes oils and doesn't do any damage.

I'm not sure what makes you think you can't use two. I've used two many times and gotten many kills with them both.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skyy wrote: »

I'm not sure what makes you think you can't use two. I've used two many times and gotten many kills with them both.

In those particular keeps Reverb is referring to, oils simply don't work in that spot. No matter how many you put down or where you place them, they don't damage enemies below the grate.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on September 14, 2017 1:15PM
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i know for a fact that you CAN set up 2 and you do deal damage!

it is the people only setting up one in the centre that are wasting space & making the defence harder

side note can people get the *** off my oils.... im wearing vicious death i can wipe that entire zerg if you stop using my oils! >:)o:)>:)
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i know for a fact that you CAN set up 2 and you do deal damage!

it is the people only setting up one in the centre that are wasting space & making the defence harder

This is only true in some keeps, not all.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche