The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elf Bane doesn't work on all Flame Damage abilities?

Savos_Saren
Savos_Saren
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I checked my tooltip- and it appears that Elf Bane doesn't buff Flames of Oblivion for 2 seconds. Nor does it buff my destro ultimate for two seconds.

For the destro ulti, however, I had it slotted on my 1HS bar (I was wearing Silks and Elf Bane with Valkyn) so, that may just be because I didn't actually have a destro staff equipped.

Can anyone confirm if I use my destro ulti and then swap to my 1HS with the 5th piece of Elf Bane- it'll still last for 2 seconds more? And does anyone know why Flames of Oblivion doesn't receive the benefit from Elf Bane???
Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
Savos Saren
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing that Flames of Oblivion will only ever proc three times (since Elf Bane will only increase the duration to 17 seconds, not 20), and it has no active buffs other than that, and it has a DoT every 5 seconds, I don't think there would be any point in having it increase the duration of that skill. (Is there? I don't know). (Other Fire DoTs have increased damage on tooltip because it calculates each additional tick added, FoO wouldn't have an additional tick).

I have tested Elf Bane with the Destro ult using armor and jewelry, and it will increase the duration by 2 seconds if Elf Bane is worn on the casting bar. (tested that a while ago, so it may not be current).

No one will be able to confirm if you should be able to cast the destro and swap to Elf Bane and still get the benefit on an already cast skill. This is because the Devs themselves are still in discussion internally about how they want DoTs to work. (Snapshot damage or Persistent damage)
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on September 14, 2017 4:05AM
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Avran_Sylt . That's exactly what I needed to know. I have my Sun Staff on the back bar (to complete 5 Sun and only have 4 Elf Bane) So... I was hoping it would count toward the 5th piece if I swapped back. Hopefully, the devs agree.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaburns wrote: »
    Thanks @Avran_Sylt . That's exactly what I needed to know. I have my Sun Staff on the back bar (to complete 5 Sun and only have 4 Elf Bane) So... I was hoping it would count toward the 5th piece if I swapped back. Hopefully, the devs agree.

I really hope that they decide to make indirect damage a damage type, and have Elf Bane only increase the duration of indirect damage abilities if cast when having the 5 piece, and direct damage abilities would be updated with each tick.

Indirect damage would be from fire and forget damage sources (elemental rage, ele blockade), and direct damage would be from player influenced sources (eye of the storm, grothdar).