Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

RP vs Meta

Dantaria
Dantaria
✭✭✭✭✭
You know, I'm getting really tired of this divide. There are "meta-humpsters who don't care about TEH LORE and see their characters only as spreadsheets" and "glorious RPers who can't 'git gud', but hey! They do love the Universe!".

So, while I'm bored, let me tell you a story. Or actually... Let me tell you five :D

1) Dretha Telvanni
*turns her head right* Min-maxed meta pet-sorc
*turns her head left* She proudly wears the title "Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor" she is worthy of, because while you, pathetic mongrels, struggle in dirt and dust, House Telvanni refuses to aim for anything less than Eternity. And how else can you achieve such a goal if not by accumulating enough power to surpass gods? 'Which one', you ask? Oh well... Living ones seem like a good start.

2) Ulain Redoran
*turns her head right* Min-maxed meta magDK
*turns her head left* He was exiled from House Redoran and told never to return. But he remained what he always was: easygoing and always honest guy who doesn't care about anything but booze and boobs. The life of lone adventurer taught him how to punch before he, himself, will be punched and you will never find more cynical being and - as ironic as it is - more kind. If your paths ever cross, rest assured - he will help you despite all his venomous words. Because he knows what it's like: to be spit on, to be frowned upon, to be alone.

3) Anlarderion
*turns her head right* Min-maxed meta templar Healer, SPC + Worm
*turns her head left* He adores Queen Ayrenn and everything she stands for. And while working at first for her and then - with her, he learned the most simple and most horrible truth: everything can be fixed, but not the ugly, stupid, desperately irrevocable death. This is the true enemy of each and every being and on his watch - you will live whether you want it or not. He found everything in his power, learnt everything in his power to make sure of that.

4) Laredra Wildrun
*turns her head right* Min-maxed meta stamNB
*turns her head left* "Take your soul back". Pha. In the very beginning, in another life - she honestly tried. She remembers that much. But then... She saw blood, tasted blood, drowned in blood and everything came in clear and sharp focus when she became the member of very particular family. Prophet doesn't bother her anymore, regret doesn't bother her anymore, sorrow doesn't bother her anymore - everywhere she goes she hears only one thing: sweet, entrancing call of the blood. And she is exceptionally good in spilling it.
Soul? She hardly remembers she ever had one. And even that will fade soon enough.

5) Eleglen
*turns her head right* Lvl 4 :D But in future: min-maxed meta magNB
*turns her head left* She just escaped Wailing Prison and now she aimlessly wonders - confused, frightened and alone. The only guide she has in this tangled mess is "blind and feeble" and if blind one leads another blind one the pit is the best outcome they can hope for. And she has long ago stopped believing in best outcomes. Which is the only reason she is, despite everything, still alive. And she will, despite everything, triumph.

See? That easy :trollface:

P. S. Obligatory disclaimer: the opinion of the author may differ from the opinions of his characters.
Edited by Dantaria on September 14, 2017 6:18AM
English isn't my native, apologies for any mistakes.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back on topic: congrats on making great backstories for your minmax characters, @Dantaria
    PC-EU
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dantaria wrote: »
    Feanor wrote: »
    [snip]
    Ahaha, yeah, failfish :D Won't even edit it :D

It's just that in my native language every noun has a gender. And "author" is "he". "Author's opinion - his character". "Author's opinion - her characters" may be used, but it's very counter-intuitive. All these years - and I slip still :D

Whilst the "off-topic" debate rages, I just wanted to say that you have a very good command of English, considering it is not your native language. And that fact that you can identify the nuances of "gender nouns" within your language as being contrary to how English works just shows you have a deeper level of understanding of the differences in languages.

[English teaching nerd here]
    [Edit of quote]
    Edited by ZOS_MattL on September 14, 2017 1:37PM
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    11) Bretons-must-die
    *erects the spines to the left* mDK PvP tank with destro ulti on back bar
    *erects the spines to the right* Hunts bretons for sport. Kills them and feeds their still warm remains to the Hist. Hist is pleased with Saxhleel, and speaks its name in tongues.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dantaria wrote: »
    You know, I'm getting really tired of this divide. There are "meta-humpsters who don't care about TEH LORE and see their characters only as spreadsheets" and "glorious RPers who can't 'git gud', but hey! They do love the Universe!".

So, while I'm bored, let me tell you a story. Or actually... Let me tell you five :D

Let's try and bring this back on track, if still possible :-)

I love your stories - yet I'd like to come back to the background here : your feeling that even RP-oriented and "casual" players should feel some responsibility in building up their characters and learning the combat system before joining group content.

My character is a magicka, staff wielding sorcerer in light armour. Because it's my playstyle and because she's a weak, weak fragile girl with super powers. (aka "glasscannon"). Physically weak, magically strong.
    I hope you'll admit that it's a very standard, common type of character in a medieval fantasy setting.

With that character, what matters is distance : using distant abilities matters, magical shields matter, CC-ing matters, and kiting matters a lot.
    Yet NONE of this consistent playstyle is valid in group dungeons :
    - I can't use CC abilities ! The DK-tank using chains moans when he happens to be pulled himself instead of pulling - because I accidentally CCed a mob with crystal frags...
    - I can't use shields - because I'd do more DPS with damage dealing abilities in that slot
    - I can't kite !! Because yeah, not interfere in tank's job
    - I have to stay stacked with the group so that the healer doesn't have to look for me or aim at me (especially not BEHIND him) and can optimize healing for the group
    - I sometimes have to stay in AOEs (yes sometimes you have to learn to stand in stupid - as long as the healer can heal you through)
    - and if I really want to optimize DPS I have to slot boundless storm, play melee and wear two swords.

That's partly why I tend to advocate for the "play-how-you want" crowd, because the group play strategies (whether they are thought out by ZOS or imposed by the players as "meta") are just so counter intuitive and illogical...

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 14, 2017 11:35AM
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To get back on track;

OP how do you keep with your RP so diligently? I often tried to create characters with backstories and all, but most of the time these got lost or diluted somewhere along the way. I guess I fail at roleplaying in the truest sense of the word. For instance; I'd like to play something of a magical sword/board character at some point (transferring an existing personality from the D&D realm to Nirn ;)), but the fact that hybrid builds don't really work and stamina weapons on a magicka character don't either, is making me compromise on things that will inevitably change the character in such a way it's no longer my original one. The comprise I feel is necessary because I'd just be sub-par to everything else in the game if I didn't. If this is what you mean by RP vs Meta then I feel you. And I'm not even trying to reach meta.. :P Teach me, sensei!

@Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lnsane wrote: »
    OP how do you keep with your RP so diligently?.../... Teach me, sensei!

I think the trick is to do it backwards.
    Not "create a character first with a background and then play the game"
    It's more like "level up a character up to BiS/META, learn to play it technically, and only then create a background story that fits".
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 14, 2017 11:57AM
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To get back on track;

OP how do you keep with your RP so diligently? I often tried to create characters with backstories and all, but most of the time these got lost or diluted somewhere along the way.

I'm the same way. I made my sorcerer an orc because I wanted him to be an evil shaman, but ended up changing him into a stamina sorcerer with not much lore because of the racial passives.

Also made an argonian night blade because shadowscale, but ended up first making him a magblade, before changing his race and name entirely into a Magicka race because of optimization.

I guess the only character that really stuck to the lore and the meta is my main: a holier-than-thou Altmer Templar healer. I've got SPC and worm's when I need it, but I usually use SPC and Kagrenac's with the Ra Gada style chest piece for the wings to give that angelic presence.
    Edited by Illurian on September 14, 2017 12:01PM
    Kiss the chaos.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP how do you keep with your RP so diligently?.../... Teach me, sensei!

I think the trick is to do it backwards.
    Not "create a character first with a background and then play the game"
    It's more like "level up a character up to BiS/META, learn to play it technically, and only then create a background story that fits".

That.. makes a lot of sense actually. I'm still working on getting my main to where I want her to be, but she'll never not be a stamina-based Dragonknight. She's a sneaky little Bosmer with stabby daggers to boot (TG and DB have always been my favourite factions, couldn't help myself :P), and although she's a bit of a shady character in my mind - among other things because she swears by the 'Rite of Theft' - her moral compass hardly ever wavers. I can work from there. :)

Thanks for the tip!
    Edited by Saturnana on September 14, 2017 12:23PM
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • BlanketFort
    BlanketFort
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Feanor

Ah yes! Thank you :D
    It certainly makes more sense in English than in my language, as turning a molehill into a mountain is easier to imagine than turning a mosquito into an elephant
  • ZOS_MattL
    ZOS_MattL
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there,
    We have removed several posts from this thread as they were off topic and unconstructive. Feel free to continue discussion about your characters and role playing, but please refrain from having a discussion about gender.
    Thanks,
    Matt
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @ZOS_MattL as the thread didn't deserve my derailing it.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately the clean-up operation was a little bit too efficient, and a post 100% on topic has been deleted too.

I'll try and rephrase it but it's hard since I wasn't the author.

It said roughly that there's a huge middle ground between RPers and Min/Maxers, and that many min/maxers were in conflict with players that sacrifice some efficiency in order to better suit their playstyle or the way they like to see their character as, without the need of heavy roleplaying.

Something like that.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umm... why was my comment removed though? it was entirely on topic suggesting that its not about rp vs minmaxing, its about minmaxing vs more casual flexibility in playing? it was entirely topic and gameplay related?

its just.. odd..

in any case, since it WAS on topic, I'll just sum it up. again. minmaxing is very constraining. you are limited to couple of races, couple of gear sets that can take long, arduous and frankly for a lot of us - unfun time to farm. upcoming trait changing will make it a little easier, but you are STILL RNG dependent. minmaxing also doesn't account for personal limitations or preferences (for instance, I tend to have much better time getting through content with customized builds vs minmaxed suggestions and I don't just mean subjective fun, I mean when I gave up trying to play a minmaxed build (admittedly with non minmaxed, but still suggested gear) and instead customized my build to the playstyle I'm more comfortable with? I was able to solo things I couldn't before.

and the truth is? outside of certain more difficult vet content, especially achievements? minmaxing not even necessary.

basically. its not minmaxing vs rp. its minmaxing vs casual.

if anyone had doubts that its possible to both minmax and rp - I'm honestly confused as to why. of course its possible. as pointed out above - you start with gameplay and then you create a story to fit. I mean.. i do that even with not minmaxed characters - explain away the gameplay choices by adjusting backstory, rather then sticking to rigid backstory. what is NOT possible is to both be a minmaxer and for the lack of a better word - a casual. not everyone has fast reflexes. not everyone has ping low enough to be able to play certain twitchy builds. not everyone has spacial awareness to play in certain melee ways, but they may STILL want to play a particular archetype of a character. minmaxing/meta chasing? tells them that its either meta or reroll something else. meh on that.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making up a fictional backstory to a fictional character in an existing fictional story seems weird to me. I'll have no part in those shenanigans!
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    11) Bretons-must-die
    *erects the spines to the left* mDK PvP tank with destro ulti on back bar
    *erects the spines to the right* Hunts bretons for sport. Kills them and feeds their still warm remains to the Hist. Hist is pleased with Saxhleel, and speaks its name in tongues.

I love this

Reminds me of this past weekend, were a 8-man group of werewolves were hunting me down like I'm Lil' Red Riding Hood. Loved it. Lots of ear piercing howling, some fist fighting, but they never got my pumpkin pie I was carrying for granny to Bleakers.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on September 14, 2017 2:15PM
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    *A small wood elf in black leathers with haunting white eyes devoid of pupils raises a glass of rot in your direction . After imbibing in the foul smelling nectar, she pulls up her cowl and mask to head outside. The cart would take her to her next challenge. She had heard there was some arena in Wrothgar where even the mightiest warrior fell. A smile formed under her mask. She would see if this arena could break her.*

OOC: Never understood why some assume all the "leet" and "RPers" couldn't have a pretty good degree of overlap. Rock on, OP!
    Edited by DocFrost72 on September 14, 2017 2:42PM
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_MattL wrote: »
    Hey there,
    We have removed several posts from this thread as they were off topic and unconstructive. Feel free to continue discussion about your characters and role playing, but please refrain from having a discussion about gender.
    Thanks,
    Matt

Thank you. <3
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This post is a good post.

I follow a philosophy in my RP, mechanics can enhance RP and vice versa. I also do not RP a powerful character unless I can back it up in PvP.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy to optimize quite a few things in the game and make researched choices when it does not conflict with my roleplaying priority. That said, there are a couple areas where I do not compromise. I play the race I want - period. So my magplar and magsorc are both Bosmer. Secondly, I do not farm gear beyond purple jewelry sets from dolmens. I may buy a couple pieces of overland dropped gear but specifically, will not farm dungeons for specific items. The reason is that I do not enjoy farming and I'm odd in that I like to have fun when playing. My magsorc wears Julianos and Necropotty, so that works out fine. My magplar healer, however, will never see SPC.

I'm happy with my limitations. I don't care about PvP, trials, veteran stuff. The upper end of my difficulty interest is killing world bosses and normal dungeons. So it all works out fine. I do love my magic Bosmer and she loves not farming dungeons. :)
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on September 14, 2017 3:09PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The opponents are not min-max V. Rp

The opponents are min-max V. "Eh good enough".
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    The opponents are not min-max V. Rp

The opponents are min-max V. "Eh good enough".

That IS the OP's point, yes!
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I came to this game because of the RP, and I still RP a lot. However I am probably one of the few RPers who has cleared vMA more times than I can count and happens to be rather good at PvP as well
    Edited by NyassaV on September 14, 2017 5:05PM
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Dantaria
    Dantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whilst the "off-topic" debate rages, I just wanted to say that you have a very good command of English, considering it is not your native language. And that fact that you can identify the nuances of "gender nouns" within your language as being contrary to how English works just shows you have a deeper level of understanding of the differences in languages.
    Thank you very much! My English is far from perfect, but I'm honestly trying, so words like these truly mean a lot for me <3

OP how do you keep with your RP so diligently? I often tried to create characters with backstories and all, but most of the time these got lost or diluted somewhere along the way. I guess I fail at roleplaying in the truest sense of the word. For instance; I'd like to play something of a magical sword/board character at some point (transferring an existing personality from the D&D realm to Nirn ;)), but the fact that hybrid builds don't really work and stamina weapons on a magicka character don't either, is making me compromise on things that will inevitably change the character in such a way it's no longer my original one. The comprise I feel is necessary because I'd just be sub-par to everything else in the game if I didn't. If this is what you mean by RP vs Meta then I feel you. And I'm not even trying to reach meta.. :P Teach me, sensei!
    It's not "doing it backwards" as much as sticking only to certain archetypes :)

Dretha Telvanni - my first and main - was a lucky pick :) I didn't know a thing about ESO back then and simply chose Dunmer Sorcerer, because I'm huge Morrowind nerd :D And then... Come on, Telvanni: gaining power is as natural to them as breathing, so "meta-humping" came easily :D

When you accumulate enough knowledge about the game to know what is efficient and what is not, it honestly comes to the amount of archetypes you're comfortable to RP.

Because of course meta narrows the pool, there is no way around it. So if you, for example, like to RP only battlemages with both magic and melee weapons... You are in sad place when it comes to current ESO state :( Same goes for pure archers: double bows just are not sustainable enough for vTrials, so people RLs usually do not allow pure archers in.

However if you are comfortable with many archetypes: pure ranged powerful mage, "paladin-healer", "knight-who-doesn't-shy-away-from-magic-to-protect-those-who-need-his-protection", etc - you just choose archetype which can be efficiently realized in ESO and roll with it :)

@anitajoneb17_ESO, you operate on all possible misconceptions. I honestly have no other reaction but LOLWUTLOLWUTLOLWUT towards majority of your words.
    - I can't use CC abilities ! The DK-tank using chains moans when he happens to be pulled himself instead of pulling - because I accidentally CCed a mob with crystal frags...
    LOLWUT
    You can and even should use CC abilities. Come on, the scamp - both blessing and curse of meta petsorc - is the CC ability! And - big surprise - people use it just alright.

The solution is as simple as "2+2": you do not attack mobs before tank stacks them.

Classical example is vMoL Twins boss. They spawn adds which absolutely must be killed before bosses start the ritual. However "white people" should only attack "black boss and mobs" and "black people" should only attack "white boss and mobs" - you're divided like that by mechanics. And mobs spawn chaotically.

What, you think people don't use scamp or frags in this fight? Pha! We simply wait. We stick strictly to boss and wait until our tanks and magDKs pull mobs to us. Only then we strike.

So no. It's not "I shouldn't use CC abilities". It's "I should have knowledge of mechanics and situational awareness".
    - I can't use shields - because I'd do more DPS with damage dealing abilities in that slot
    LOLWUT №2

Good luck in vHoF without shields :D

FYI: most meta-persorcs I know (and include me myself here) don't use Mage's Wrath. Screw execute - I have 30k+ without it on even not-maxed out char (too many alts for 660CP :D ). And being alive is much more important than extra 2-3k DPS. So we have our Shields exactly instead of execute.

If you yourself chose to pretty much go full suicidal... Who is to blame?
    - I can't kite !! Because yeah, not interfere in tank's job
    LOLWUT №3

Kite to tank. If a boss is on you (though why it is is the question for a tank) or some mobs - bring him/them to tank. Problem solved.
    - I have to stay stacked with the group so that the healer doesn't have to look for me or aim at me (especially not BEHIND him) and can optimize healing for the group
    - I sometimes have to stay in AOEs (yes sometimes you have to learn to stand in stupid - as long as the healer can heal you through)
    And... the problem is?
    and if I really want to optimize DPS I have to slot boundless storm, play melee and wear two swords
    LOLWUT
    LOLWUT
    LOLWUT

Double-sword-sorcerer died with Homestead when they changed Ancient Knowledge passive and double destro became more powerful. It was only cemented with Morrowind, because sustain.

Show me at least one up-to-date build from succesful end-game player with double swords for sorc.

Rise and shine! Double destro is the meta.

FFS, sorcs are so valued because they are efficient pure range DDs! Which Boundless Storm? I only use it for resist when I tank normals. Boundless Storm and double-swords literally defeat the very point of sorcs!

Like, sorry, not sorry, but:
    That's partly why I tend to advocate for the "play-how-you want" crowd, because the group play strategies (whether they are thought out by ZOS or imposed by the players as "meta") are just so counter intuitive and illogical...
    It's not group strategies. It's your extremely apparent lack of knowledge and understanding of the game.
    Edited by Dantaria on September 14, 2017 6:22PM
    English isn't my native, apologies for any mistakes.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think it's a question of RP vs Min/max.

I think that there are plenty of people who see roleplay as silly, just as they see the never-ending quest to squeeze every ounce of DPS out of your build to be inappropriate when all you want to do is enjoy a game. And apparently there is nothing stopping people doing both.

I do neither :) My characters don't have back stories, I don't have the time or inclination for that. But neither are they min/maxed. I really do play the way I want to play - though as part of playing as I want involves melting anything that comes too close, I'm not what you'd call "casual" either...
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I came to ESO to make my Wood Elf archer. I stayed for the RP.