The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Valkyn Skoria Any Good?

Valrien
Valrien
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I've got good Skoria on my Mag Sorc, was wondering if it was any good in an otherwise optimized PvE build. I know I should be using Illambris but that came out after I quit so I haven't had a chance to obtain those yet.
Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilambris is OK but not what it used to be.

Skora comes after Ilambris I think

Maw of the infernal seems to be slightly better but I havent tested yet

But most items are similar now
    Options
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer Skoria to others.

But that's just me.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
    Options
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If using pets (Daedric Prey), Maw of the Infernal will give the highest dps, assuming he doesn't get CC'd.

Ilambris needs both fire and lightning to be effective, so you either need to run backbar fire (and have someone else proc Off Balance), use a fire glyph, or the fire Rune from the Mage's Guild Skill line (or all of the above).

Grothdarr is very consistent and great in solo situations like overland or vMA. It's not the highest dps, but it's very reliable.

Skoria will proc regularly while using lots of dots, but it's overall dps contribution is usually a bit less than all of the above. It's still a nice choice if you don't have the others.
    Options
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoria and Llambris just deal something around 1-1,5k DPS. If that is more, what you can deal with 2 5piecesets, you should go with one of these monstersets. But Llambris > Skoria, because of the Magicka you get with 1piece bonus.
    Edited by DeHei on September 14, 2017 4:43AM
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
    Options
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilambris can do 2-2.5k dps if both fire and lightning are getting procced consistently. Maw can do about 2.5k if it procs enough and can stay on target. Grotharr does about 1.5k. Skoria does about 1-1.2k.

In most cases 2/5/4 with a trails set will do better than 5/5/1, but not by a huge margin.
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoria's only good for PvP cause it's basically a homing missile once it procs. In PvE it's a gimmick. Barely does any kind of meaningful damage when in a Dungeon. I used to have it on my StamDK cause DoTs are how my DK plays and those proc Skoria so, obvious combination. But it just doesn't contribute much.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Skoria or nothing! I remember when COA2 first came out and he was the first "hard boss". Dozens upon dozens of runs later... I finally got my infused visage. Now, I wear it as a warning to any boss that stands in my way.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To my Templar it's great, cos it uses a lot of dot attacks, shards, purifying ritual, jabs, beams.
    Pc na
    Options
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Skoria's only good for PvP cause it's basically a homing missile once it procs. In PvE it's a gimmick. Barely does any kind of meaningful damage when in a Dungeon. I used to have it on my StamDK cause DoTs are how my DK plays and those proc Skoria so, obvious combination. But it just doesn't contribute much.

On a StamDK isn't it supposed to be bad since it doesn't do a type of damage that's under the scope of your CP? I thought for a proc to be any good it had to be Fire, Ice, Lightning, or Magic on a Magicka build and Physical, Poison, or Disease on a Stamina build
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »

On a StamDK isn't it supposed to be bad since it doesn't do a type of damage that's under the scope of your CP? I thought for a proc to be any good it had to be Fire, Ice, Lightning, or Magic on a Magicka build and Physical, Poison, or Disease on a Stamina build

That's the way it used to be, because the main way to buff prof set damage was through the Mighty/Ele Expert trees, and of course magicka builds didn't invest in the former or stamina builds in the latter. But now we can buff all sources of direct damage (including Skoria) through Master at Arms, meaning a stam build can buff Skoria by putting points where it would have anyway.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Valrien wrote: »

That's the way it used to be, because the main way to buff prof set damage was through the Mighty/Ele Expert trees, and of course magicka builds didn't invest in the former or stamina builds in the latter. But now we can buff all sources of direct damage (including Skoria) through Master at Arms, meaning a stam build can buff Skoria by putting points where it would have anyway.

You'll probably still loose dps from having focus on the wrong type of penetration.
    Options