Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Terrible drop rate!!!

Cameron991
Cameron991
✭✭✭✭
I have been farming IC center for 5 days now and 7 hours or more a day and still I have yet to get soul shriven skin this is rediculous why hasn't it dropped??
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I know 2 people who looted it, despite many farming.

Ridiculously low looting chance x 2 is still ridiculously low

• sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 days... lol... some people have been farming that thing for 2+ years...
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    sevomd69 wrote: »
    So have I!! I'm talking 5 days for event
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally think its a horrible time to be farming in IC right now... zergfest makes it pretty annoying...
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Were you wearing your officially licensed ESO Farmer's hat? If not, you're wasting your time. :*
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The drop rate on it is disgusting. Probably for the better, though
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sewers has been dead for almost a year now before event started. You had plentttty time to get it and still do after the event it will sure be dead again i can guarantee that.

Did you just now discover skin or?
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sewers has been dead for almost a year now before event started. You had plentttty time to get it and still do after the event it will sure be dead again i can guarantee that.

I been doing solo runs on him here and there but no skin but I did get the pet from a solo run a few months ago I was happy :blush:
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The drop rate for it is increased during the event. It does make sense to farm it right now
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »

The drop rate for it is increased during the event. It does make sense to farm it right now

Drop rate is doubled, number of enemy players in the sewers is about quadrupled though - so your chances of actually getting to the centre to fight are reduced :D
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cameron991 wrote: »
    I have been farming IC center for 5 days now and 7 hours or more a day and still I have yet to get soul shriven skin this is rediculous why hasn't it dropped??
    To break you down so you get fed up and just buy it from the store.
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭

No just bc it double chance
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got it after killing molag bal 5 times. I did notice there was maybe only 10-12 people around when he died. I was doing mad deeps. So maybe that has something to do with it
    Edited by SASQUATCH0 on September 13, 2017 12:38PM
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I personally think its a horrible time to be farming in IC right now... zergfest makes it pretty annoying...

I got out of zerg infested IC during the event. I was making more T-stones before the event. Way too many people to get good drops of anything right now.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave up after 2 days, got the Scamp.

The skin doesn't look that great imo and I'd rather not waste hours and potentially days farming it only for it not to drop.

Plus finding a group that can hold the middle indefinitely is not easy, they all get wiped after about 2 hours tops.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a saying about RNG, that 2 * 0 = 0. I didn't get it last event, and I haven't had any luck this event, but the center event is actually pretty decent Tel Var if you can consistently get credit for boss kills, and the extra key fragments are nice, too. So even if I don't get the skin, I've at least got a ton of Tel Var/alchemy mats/key fragments to work with. Still worth.

Now if they added an incentive for players to go into the Arena District arena so I could get that achievement... I have literally *a* kill, and I'm pretty sure that was just my friend and me killing each other for luls.
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Might be not popular but thats why i bought it in the crown store last week along with the horse and the friendly companion - not the cheapest purchase but "only" 1k more crowns than the Nightmare Courser + i got the skin and a companion.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cameron991 wrote: »

Time well spend haha...
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the scamp on the first try and the skin 6 tries later doing it as a tank and there were like 20 of us blue at molag bal and yet i somehow got loot. ( loot cap of 12 determited by dps )

Well i guess it's to make up the wasted time when imperial city was released and the sewers were chaos, especially the middle.
  • MythicaLMeddLer
    MythicaLMeddLer
    ✭✭✭
    Got pretty lucky..first night of event farmed bal about 10 times got nothing..second night farmed bal and got the skin on second attempt..got scamp 3 tries later..was in a group of about 15..been sticking around I.C still for the extra TV and Keys..no clue what I want to use them on but figured..why not..
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sudaki_eso wrote: »

Might be not popular but thats why i bought it in the crown store last week along with the horse and the friendly companion - not the cheapest purchase but "only" 1k more crowns than the Nightmare Courser + i got the skin and a companion.

Soul-Shriven skin is different from the Mind-Shriven skin, which is the one you get on the CS. So if you're a completionist, rip.
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sudaki_eso wrote: »

Soul-Shriven skin is different from the Mind-Shriven skin, which is the one you get on the CS. So if you're a completionist, rip.

My bad, thanks for correcting me. And no, i am not a completionist so i am fine with the mind shriven skin. Just googled the soul shriven skin and it looks like the mind shriven skin but without the blue veins and glow...not worth for me spending countless hours in IC.
    Anyone else, good luck :smile:
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

And some got it within an hour
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One eternity later...
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on August 3, 2018 12:11PM
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that's how you make something feel special, it's super rare.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've killed Molag Bal perhaps 6-7 times or so, got the skin in my 3rd kill I think, got the pet twice as well (before it was a runebox, so essentially it was just wasted on the second time).

The pet is "ok" but the skin is so horribly ugly I have never even used it.

Both can be sold in runeboxes now, so why not simply buy it if it's such a big deal, they don't even cost too much at the moment, 1.7M for the skin, you could probably farm that gold in the time you have already tried to get it yourself.
  • nemvar
    nemvar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought mine for 2m pretty much as soon as it became availaible in rune boxes. Sucks a bit the dropchance is being doubled but I think is was money well spend for one of the most rare cosmetics (possibly only topped by the cloudrest skin) in the game.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    I've killed Molag Bal perhaps 6-7 times or so, got the skin in my 3rd kill I think, got the pet twice as well (before it was a runebox, so essentially it was just wasted on the second time).

The pet is "ok" but the skin is so horribly ugly I have never even used it.

Both can be sold in runeboxes now, so why not simply buy it if it's such a big deal, they don't even cost too much at the moment, 1.7M for the skin, you could probably farm that gold in the time you have already tried to get it yourself.

I’ve killed him like 80 times and no skin, including 3 years of this dang event
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SASQUATCH0 wrote: »
    I got it after killing molag bal 5 times. I did notice there was maybe only 10-12 people around when he died. I was doing mad deeps. So maybe that has something to do with it

this is correct, only 12 people get rewarded no matter how many times you hit him. Last night I did the event, fought molag 5 times? Didn’t get anything. Hopefully tonight i can get something out of it.

• DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just buy it its on sale right now with a kickass horse...