Would it be possible to finish vet Trials without using animation cancelling?

Dragonnord
Dragonnord
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Would it be possible to deal enough DPS on time (to bosses that have this mechanic) if we had to wait for heavy and light attacks to fully complete the animation, wait for every skill to finish too and also wait to weapon-swap?

What do you think guys?

Thank you.

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Fat_Cat45
    Fat_Cat45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few builds which use a heavy attack between each ability and it really isn't much animation cancelling besides weapon swap cancelling
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    I saw some guy do an arena naked with one skill slotted - and wasn't doing any animation cancelling. So, I would say: Definitely yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axsgf6Ei_lU

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    parkham wrote: »
    I saw some guy do an arena naked with one skill slotted - and wasn't doing any animation cancelling. So, I would say: Definitely yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axsgf6Ei_lU

that isnt vet. that is normal maelstrom which is probably the easiest thing in this game. I did it flawless with 3 skills at level 4
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CarbonX wrote: »
    Would it be possible to deal enough DPS on time (to bosses that have this mechanic) if we had to wait for heavy and light attacks to fully complete the animation, wait for every skill to finish too and also wait to weapon-swap?

What do you think guys?

Thank you.

Yeah I think you can. Builds that use a lot of heavy attacks are kinda almost doing it.

But why would you? Just weave attacks, combat feels more fluent and fun that way too.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What exactly are you worried about? "Animation cancelling" is just a scary term for "non-clunky combat". Besides, the vast majority of skills you use won't be "cancelled", but will play their full animations.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The dps difference between weaving light attacks and not that it will make a lot of difference to the ability to complete content. It's just going to be a bit slower.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can complete vMA without animation cancelling you can do any vet-content as well (To directly answer OP´s question= yes you can)

Take a look at this (not my video)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6H7cGBjSN0
    Edited by Qbiken on September 13, 2017 6:39AM