Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Godhead(ache)

Glockcoma725
Glockcoma725
✭✭✭
Somehow I've gone through IV V and now ESO without ever hearing of CHIM or Godhead. After spending the last two hours reading about it I am utterly perplexed, and yet very intrigued.

So correct me if I'm wrong but basically all of TES creation is within a sleeping super-god's unconsciousness. And everything that has happened and will happened is part of this magical dream-reality. And "individuals" within this dream-state can, through love(?) achieve a state of enlightenment known as CHIM? And if they are arrogant enough to avoid the Zero state or whatever its called they'll reach a state of almost godhood where they can change the very state of reality within the dreamscape?

And theres only a few instances of this occuring; those of which being Tiber Septim erasing Cyrodil's jungles from history, and something Vivec did in III? (Im sorry I never played 3. I suck. And i'm also relatively new to the current depths of lore that im plunging myself into, so sorry for being "That Guy" again.)

My questions were, how did Septim and Vivec achieve CHIM? I tried researching how Vivec did but read something about an 88 day *** with Molag Bal and having a bunch of evil children and I think he transformed one into the city of Vivec in Morrowind? And that's when my brain ceased to function.
PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I've been able to find, it's unclear whether or not Tiber Septim actually achieved CHIM, or even tried to. Vivec is confirmed, though. Achieving CHIM is done through a process called the Psijic Endeavor, the last state of which is CHIM. It's a weird mental process where you have to keep extreme focus on your own soul/being in relation to (or in presence of?) the.. universe, and breaking that concentration will wipe you from existence. Some theorize that this is what happened when Kragenac fooled around with Lorkhan's Heart during/at the end of the battle of Red Mountain, subsequently wiping every single Dwemer from Nirn. Others theorize that he did in fact reach CHIM - which practically elevates you to god-like status - and took the Dwemer somewhere else by his own volition. We'll never know unless Bethesda chooses to tell us. (Sharing is caring.. I'm looking at you Lawrence Schick!)

I agree with you that it's all mind-boggling, and super fascinating. Did you come across the Dragon Break as well? That will introduce you to a whole new level of brain-farts, on top of all the nonsensical stuff that's already out there. (You're welcome :D)
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So correct me if I'm wrong

You're wrong.

And for the love of Akatosh, DO NOT read or believe that mk bull crap. Nothing in c0da is true, nothing mk spews from his mouth is true. This is why you have never heard of it while playing an Elder Scrolls game, because it is not Elder Scrolls lore.

If you want to read up on actual TES lore please go to en.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page

DISCLAIMER FOR ANYONE READING THIS THREAD: The OP is not talking about real TES lore, he is talking about michel kirkbride's crap.
    Edited by Tyrobag on September 12, 2017 9:25PM
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »

You're wrong.

And for the love of Akatosh, DO NOT read or believe that mk bull crap. Nothing in c0da is true, nothing mk spews from his mouth is true. This is why you have never heard of it while playing an Elder Scrolls game, because it is not Elder Scrolls lore.

If you want to read up on actual TES lore please go to en.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page

DISCLAIMER FOR ANYONE READING THIS THREAD: The OP is not talking about real TES lore, he is talking about michel kirkbride's crap.

You're no fun. How can you get so fired up about video game lore?
    PC/EU DC
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Somehow I've gone through IV V and now ESO without ever hearing of CHIM or Godhead. After spending the last two hours reading about it I am utterly perplexed, and yet very intrigued."=quote]

CHIM is mentioned in one of Vivec's lessons that came with Vvardenfell

Lesson 12 - It could be of Love:)

Edited by Eporem on September 12, 2017 10:35PM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My understanding is that to achieve CHIM you have to realize you're a figment of someone else's imagination. From there there are two paths:

1.) You realize you do not exist, therefore nothing you do matters. This realization causes you to CEASE existing. This is zero-summing.
    2.) You realize you do not exist, therefore you can do whatever you want. This realization lets you alter reality. This is CHIM.

Basically, it's an in-universe explanation for player characters. Your character has achieved CHIM - they are a figment of your imagination, and at the same time an entity in the world of Tamriel, separate from you. And when you load a previous save to take a different path, use the console to drop in a few hundred extra gold pieces, or mod the dragons to turn them into tanks, you're altering reality - exercising CHIM.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »

You're wrong.

Kirkbride's "crap" is part of TES lore as long as Morrowind and Oblivion and ESO are considered canon. C0da might not be, but Chim, the godhead, matelling etc. are very real as far as the TES canon is concerned.

Also, I like the notion of Ayrenn being a manhating minig robot from the future >:)
    Edited by Ahzek on September 12, 2017 10:17PM
    Jo'Khaljor
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    Well apparently in some story's Headaches=babies
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So correct me if I'm wrong...

Okay, you're wrong. It's a video game.

Actually, that's a slightly reductive way to phrase it, but if you start reading the setting's metaphysics as the result of a massive simulated environment (not, the game you're actually playing, but that the setting is, its own video game/sim), the metaphysics do tend to make a lot more sense.

CHIM is just getting administrator privileges.

Vivec is that guy on the boards, constantly ****posting, and pretending he's an admin, when he's really just a glorified moderator for one zone.
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    Lol okay okay. Thanks for your guys' input. Let me redirect this then; I'm still wanting to dive into different mythos and lore about TES. What characters/topics would you guys recommend?
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol okay okay. Thanks for your guys' input. Let me redirect this then; I'm still wanting to dive into different mythos and lore about TES. What characters/topics would you guys recommend?

Oh my.. well, at the risk of giving you a TON of 'homework', these are all very interesting topics:
    (Tried to put them in a logical order for you)

Dawn era - Creation of Nirn, Anu & Pandomay, Aedra & Daedra
    Merethic era - Different races and how they came to be (i.e. Nedes, Aldmer coming to tamriel, Dwemer & Chimer, etc.)
    First era - Camoran + Reman dynasties, Alessia's uprising, Battle of red mountain
    Second era - Tsaesci rulers, outlawing of Morag Tong and 'birth' of Dark Brotherhood (events from ESO take place here)
    Third era - Septim dynasty, Knights of the Nine, Uriel V's conquest into Akavir, Oblivion crisis
    Fourth era - Baar Dau & the Red Year, Argonian invasion of Morrowind, the Thalmor & White-Gold Concordat, Dragon crisis

There's many, MANY more things that happened in those eras of course, these are just a few of my personal favourites. This timeline (http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline) should give you plenty of ideas for reading material. ;) Some you'll recognise from playing Oblivion (3rd era) and Skyrim (4th era), others may be new. When searching things online, bear in mind that people/websites can have their own interpretation of the lore though, since there are many contradicting sources in-game.

EDIT:
    These are some playlists that I found very interesting, if you're more into watching than reading:

Edited by Saturnana on September 15, 2017 4:51PM
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're no fun. How can you get so fired up about video game lore?
    Not that I agree completely with his opinion . I agreed with like 90% of it.C0da not being Canon is what I agree with however Godhead and Chim both care canon.
    But the answer to your question is because he is a fan of this franchise so he cares about this franchise.
    He is just trying to inform a newcomer who he think has been misinformed.
    Edited by RupzSkooma on September 19, 2017 4:20AM
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.