Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Convert to Morag Tong doesn't satisfy Master Writ requirement?

Wreuntzylla
Wreuntzylla
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Did not for me. Sounds broken?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not broken. For master writs, you cannot convert. You must have the motif to craft it.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Not broken. For master writs, you cannot convert. You must have the motif to craft it.

Because my customer will know whether I crafted it with a motif or converted it?

• DiteHart
    DiteHart
    ✭✭✭

Because my customer will know whether I crafted it with a motif or converted it?

It might be more that the item becomes bound to you. I don't think you can turn in master writs for armor/weapons if you've equipped them either.
    Unless the Convert to Morag Tong doesn't bind it.
    X1/NA (GT: Dite Hart)
    Dite Dielle - Breton Templar
    - Full 9-trait crafter
    - Knows 41 motif styles
    - Covenant, Dominion, and Starter-Island Master Angler
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol no of course not. It's not the same.
  • Insomnia rex
    Insomnia rex
    ✭✭✭
    DiteHart wrote: »

It might be more that the item becomes bound to you. I don't think you can turn in master writs for armor/weapons if you've equipped them either.
    Unless the Convert to Morag Tong doesn't bind it.

Just confirming that it binds, just like convert to imperial does. Your answer is spot on.
    CP630 AR20 PC EU, Alt Mag Sorc AD - Insomnicia Rex
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well of course, after all when you buy stuff whether it is original or refurbished matters - especially for high end quality purchases.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working as intended ...
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The writ does state to craft the item. Converting it is not crafting it. And someone pointed out converting the item binds it so you cannot trade it to your customer.
    Edited by idk on August 30, 2017 3:46PM
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The writ does state to craft the item. Converting it is not crafting it. And someone pointed out converting the item binds it so you cannot trade it to your customer.

Your fitting the mechanic to the wording and perversely. Is it yours stance that converting the style is not crafting but something else?

The point is that it yet another immersion breaker. Like standing in town and seeing 15 identical portable bankers or merchants. Or having a justice system where the beat cop in a 3-person town can beat down the slayer of Molag Bal.

It's an MMO, not an fps... and I think where ZoS will lose customers is forgetting that distinction.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we had a long conversation in the past about the same issue but with Imperial style.....

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/321054/warning-for-imperial-edition-owners-master-writs-vs-imperial-style/p1
    dont waste your mats and your time it wont work
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Your fitting the mechanic to the wording and perversely. Is it yours stance that converting the style is not crafting but something else?

The point is that it yet another immersion breaker. Like standing in town and seeing 15 identical portable bankers or merchants. Or having a justice system where the beat cop in a 3-person town can beat down the slayer of Molag Bal.

It's an MMO, not an fps... and I think where ZoS will lose customers is forgetting that distinction.

really - you are going with immersion breaking fuss over converting vs crafting from scratch when if you actually take the sword in hand or even try on the gloves to see how they feel the item becomes bound and is now no good for the master writ?

immersively, how many swordsmiths you think ever crafted a master blade and never took it in hand to swing and test?

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

really - you are going with immersion breaking fuss over converting vs crafting from scratch when if you actually take the sword in hand or even try on the gloves to see how they feel the item becomes bound and is now no good for the master writ?

immersively, how many swordsmiths you think ever crafted a master blade and never took it in hand to swing and test?

So what, crafting doesn't include taking the blade in hand auntil the very end of the process when it binds?

And testing? Let me guess, you get your information from Forged in Fire... Where did you get the impression that smiths tested weapons?

"A warrior usually tested the strength of the sword before accepting it from the smith.

"After acquiring the weapons from their smith, the warriors sharpened the blades, tested their strength and heeded the warhorns when it was time to go on campaign."

Of course, Rigenn and Sigurd in the Völsunga saga...

In Japan, tameshigiri.

330px-Ikidou.JPG

Master smiths were craftsmen and typically not warriors. Warriors tested the weapons when buying and weapons were imporved through feedback from the battlefield.

• SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So what, crafting doesn't include taking the blade in hand auntil the very end of the process when it binds?

And testing? Let me guess, you get your information from Forged in Fire... Where did you get the impression that smiths tested weapons?

"A warrior usually tested the strength of the sword before accepting it from the smith.

"After acquiring the weapons from their smith, the warriors sharpened the blades, tested their strength and heeded the warhorns when it was time to go on campaign."

In Japan, tameshigiri.

330px-Ikidou.JPG

Master smiths were craftsmen and typically not warriors. Warriors tested the weapons when buying and weapons were imporved through feedback from the battlefield.

Lol now tell us, how many Master Writs did you go and buy thinking you'd be able to convert them?

To be fair, ZOS made a point of stating what conditions had to be met when handing in a master writ - like you also can't craft it on a different character and swap it as you can for normal crafting writs.
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »

In Japan, tameshigiri.

330px-Ikidou.JPG

Lol now tell us, how many Master Writs did you go and buy thinking you'd be able to convert them?

To be fair, ZOS made a point of stating what conditions had to be met when handing in a master writ - like you also can't craft it on a different character and swap it as you can for normal crafting writs.

I don't "buy" any. I have multiple accounts across platforms with 9/9 master crafters, which I initially started working on at release. Of those, 3ish are maxed in all but the newest motifs.

I'm curious, where did ZoS make their point, is it in the help menu of the UI somewhere?
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »

In Japan, tameshigiri.

330px-Ikidou.JPG

I don't "buy" any. I have multiple accounts across platforms with 9/9 master crafters, which I initially started working on at release. Of those, 3ish are maxed in all but the newest motifs.

I'm curious, where did ZoS make their point, is it in the help menu of the UI somewhere?

Nah, you have to read the patch notes from when master writs first landed. They went into some detail there, but they should add that info to the loading screen help things =)
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx