Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does Anyone Know How Cyrodiil NPC Guards Came To Be?

Serjustin19
Serjustin19
✭✭✭✭✭
For 2+ yrs on PS4 EU, almost a yr on PC (beta, 2014 release (off and on to current) I have always wondered how all Cyrodiil Guards came to be. Granted each time we PvPer's destroy them over and over again. Same applies to replacing the ones we slew. I just can't stop being in awe.

These guards are never the same, but in matter of fact are special all the same. I believe I may have a theory as how Cyrodiil NPC Guards came into be. My theory is that they once belonged to our very own characters. Yes you all read right, of course I not 100% sure; but I coud've sworn that I saw some of NPC Cyrodiil guards belonged to some of my characters.

I could be 100% wrong however, but if Cyrodiil guards does in fact copy our characters. They should be in a lorebook, but honestly grateful nonetheless if it turns out that NPC Cyrodiil Guards, does in fact use our character images. We all should be truly honored (minus destroying our characters that is.)

But at same time it does kinda makes sense and make Cyrodiil more refreshing instead of destroying same Cyrodill NPC Guards, Over and over again. Until at last you start naming them and start to have a bond with the Cyrodiil NPC's.

By the way speaking of bonds, plus most know I been AD longer on PS4 EU. But red this current Vivec Campaign, (to finds some answers that need answering) but this was taken, that's me on the floor; alas what's gotten me in awe. Is that Cyrodiil NPC's continued to stay that way around me. I waited for 10 minutes before I respawn.

They just confused to stay there, not even bothered to return. It must be a glitch. Or was it like more like of a Bond, that these AD Guards miss me? Anyways where do you all believe, all of NPC Cyrodiil guards came to be? Do you all believe they might come from our very own characters? Provide below, of what you all think and the very theory of how Cyrodiil NPC Guards came to be.

2nvfevs.jpg
Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I know there are few NPC's that are mad at me for letting that alchemist in Phaer live. I just felt like it wasn't up to me to decide. Many other NPC's have a brother who was at my final fight in Thizzrini.

As for NPC's being based on my character, well, they would make an ideal Veiled Heritance specimen. I mean sure, I'm the perfect Altmer with the most heroic face (Voted Tamriel's Sexiest Mer Alive three years running) but I do not share their racist views.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did NPC guards come to be? Well, ypunsee, sometimes when a man loves a woman very much the two of them engage in what we might call a "special hug"...
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're brought into Cyro by Storks... I know that much.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As there are no children in game.. they obviously didn't grow from babies...

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "There's strong, and there's Level 5 Resource guard on no-CP campaign strong" - NPC recruitment add
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    How did NPC guards come to be? Well, ypunsee, sometimes when a man loves a woman very much the two of them engage in what we might call a "special hug"...

Ha ha ha!!!!!!
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »

Go on....
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    They come from an egg
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    public class CyrodiilKeep implements ServerLag {

public void spawnGuard() {

this.addAsset(new Guard(Random.completelyFakeAndNotRandomAtAllAssetType()));
    	}

}

shades.gif
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    public class CyrodiilKeep implements ServerLag {

public void spawnGuard() {

this.addAsset(new Guard(Random.completelyFakeAndNotRandomAtAllAssetType()));
    	}

}

shades.gif

oh my goodness, that explains sooooo much...

PrtFKx6.gif
    Edited by geonsocal on August 24, 2017 12:57AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Serjustin19 the nonsense u type here never fails to confuse me, keep it up, so glad i never went console after test game for u kidz...