Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Store Idea: Bard

Gan Xing
Gan Xing
✭✭✭✭
Hear me out. What if we can get a bard for our houses (there is a choice of male or female) and we get to choose the song they play?
Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
Odin banker - obv banker
Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    sounds pretty cool tbh :)
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would totally love that! Only I hope it wouldn´t be too much expensive...
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh god no! Hundreds of the discordant things following players around in towns!
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They would actually be a housing "item", so you wouldn´t see them in the world unless you went to somebody´s home.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer items you can place in your house that change the music played there (LOTRO style)
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THE song they play? Just one song? No thank you!

One repetitive song would drive me mad. If you want a bard, at least have one with a decent repertoire!!

I would like to see something like a juke box that plays music from ESO (a lot of which is pretty good), and which we could select.

Really, any other music would be redundant, as you can always listen to your own soundtracks.
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bard just like the Skyrim ones would be perfect. They play their repertoire of ballads and instrumentals at random, but you can stop them and request a favorite if there's something special you want to hear (or they start to play that one song that you hate and don't want to hear!). I would LOVE some tavern music for my home.

Alternatively, a Dwemer music box that plays tavern instrumentals for those who don't want to or can't add an NPC to their home, pretty please?
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭

Yea, they are a housing item
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    I would prefer items you can place in your house that change the music played there (LOTRO style)

That was what I had in mind
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    THE song they play? Just one song? No thank you!

One repetitive song would drive me mad. If you want a bard, at least have one with a decent repertoire!!

I would like to see something like a juke box that plays music from ESO (a lot of which is pretty good), and which we could select.

Really, any other music would be redundant, as you can always listen to your own soundtracks.

my apologies, bad wording. Yes, he would be more like a juke box, where you get to choose the next song to play, but like other bards in town, they play randomly.
    Aeslief wrote: »
    A bard just like the Skyrim ones would be perfect. They play their repertoire of ballads and instrumentals at random, but you can stop them and request a favorite if there's something special you want to hear (or they start to play that one song that you hate and don't want to hear!). I would LOVE some tavern music for my home.

Alternatively, a Dwemer music box that plays tavern instrumentals for those who don't want to or can't add an NPC to their home, pretty please?

Ooh a Dwemer music box sounds cool too!

How I came up with this idea was when I was running around my house furnishing it, I suddenly heard a bard playing. I searched in vain for this invisible bard, only to realize it was likely a bug. If only I could replicate it and record it... oh woe is me, failing to record so many funny events. Like one time I was in Cyrodiil, threw some caltrops off a keep, and saw an enemy run onto the caltrops, and run in circles on the caltrops until they died...
    Edited by Gan Xing on September 9, 2017 8:26PM
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Iccengi
    Iccengi
    ✭✭✭
    Npc's in general with limited tracks would be good imo.

I would like an argonian slave to sweep my veranda.