The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Enchanting/Provisioning/Alchemy

Fereldyn
Fereldyn
✭✭
I am sure I'm about to flog a dead horse here, but is there anywhere in particular I should be looking for guidance on enchanting/provisioning/alchemy?

Love the game and all things Elder Scrolls but am a relatively casual player (i.e. it's my distraction after work), and tend to find myself bewildered when I try diving in from step zero. Hoping to find something that breaks it down for me.
Edited by Fereldyn on August 29, 2017 7:53PM
  • Fexelea
    Fexelea
    ✭✭✭
    Is there something in particular you're confused by? Happy to help if there's something specific.

Adding to what IcyDeadPeople linked, the "newbie tips" to ESO crafting can be summed as:
    • You deconstruct things to gain xp, so whatever trash you gather, take to a table and deconstruct - (except alchemy and provisioning)
    • For Alchemy: gather reagents, eat reagents, combine reagents that have the same effect = profit
    • For Provisioning: gather food ingredients, find a recipe go to a cooking fire, cook.
    • You gather materials depending on your character level and crafting level. A max level character with zero crafting level picks up some endgame materials and some newbie materials. Alchemy & provisioning have no levels for ingredients
    • Complicated stuff such as traits, research and styles are explained separately on the wiki so check those out individually :)

Join the fan-powered community wiki for Elder Scrolls Online.
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Elder+Scrolls+Online+Wiki. All Eso Sets
    or check out the Dark Souls Wiki. We also have a Sekiro Wiki Bloodborne Wiki, Elden Ring Wiki and Dark Souls 3 Wiki

• Fereldyn
    Fereldyn
    ✭✭
    Very much appreciated!
  • Kurkikohtaus
    Kurkikohtaus
    ✭✭✭
    With regards to provisioning, not sure if this is covered in the guides but I'll post it here anyway, as it was a point of confusion for me for a long time.

When you add a skill point to recipe improvement, the recipes that provisioning vendors sell change to match your recipe improvement level. This is very important, because the recipes you need to create for your daily writs will also match your recipe improvement skill level. No need to hunt for them n crates or endlessly search guild stores, just buy them from the vendor when you skill up.
  • Fereldyn
    Fereldyn
    ✭✭
    With regards to provisioning, not sure if this is covered in the guides but I'll post it here anyway, as it was a point of confusion for me for a long time.

When you add a skill point to recipe improvement, the recipes that provisioning vendors sell change to match your recipe improvement level. This is very important, because the recipes you need to create for your daily writs will also match your recipe improvement skill level. No need to hunt for them n crates or endlessly search guild stores, just buy them from the vendor when you skill up.

Also very much appreciated -- did not know that.
  • Mondini
    Mondini
    ✭✭✭✭

Wow this is literally the best piece of ESO information i've ever seen. Honestly, Thank you so much.
  • kivaann
    kivaann
    I strongly recommend not buying these recipes from npc vendors if you're short of gold. you can get them 10 times cheaper in guild traders, or asking about in your guild. Most of these recipes are very common, and almost every player i met has/had a few unused laying in their bank (if they haven't destroy them yet because useless trash). They are dirt cheap on PC NA, not sure about other serves though.