The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which mount or costume offends you the most lore-wise?

• Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozstryker wrote: »
    Is it possible for a male orc to run around in a glamorous wedding dress? Yes. Is it probable? B'vehk, no, get that away from me. More gender-based restrictions would help to make the game more believable and immersive.

Are you assuming those orcs gender? :smiley:

Seriously tho, khajit riding senches.. I'm not sure why, and there is lore basis for it, just don't seem right!!? It'd be like having human mounts piggy-backing human races around... weird

Really? I find it more awkward to see a non-Khajiit player riding a senche.

I guess it depends how you view the senche-mount. For me, they're a differently-shaped Khajiit sentient being, a cousin or sibling of the rider, or a partner. So they would allow the player character to be transported on their back.

If you view the senche-mount as a domesticated wild animal, the perspectice shifts, yes, and it makes sense for any player to be able to ride one.
    PC-EU
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    Is it possible for a male orc to run around in a glamorous wedding dress? Yes. Is it probable? B'vehk, no, get that away from me. More gender-based restrictions would help to make the game more believable and immersive.

Seriously tho, khajit riding senches.. I'm not sure why, and there is lore basis for it, just don't seem right!!? It'd be like having human mounts piggy-backing human races around... weird

I guess it depends how you view the senche-mount. For me, they're a differently-shaped Khajiit sentient being, a cousin or sibling of the rider, or a partner. So they would allow the player character to be transported on their back.

If you view the senche-mount as a domesticated wild animal, the perspectice shifts, yes, and it makes sense for any player to be able to ride one.

I always figured there wasn't anything particularly strange about someone riding a senche because... well, it's a sentient being, it can choose who it will accept as a rider and who it won't. Whether they're a Khajiit or not.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Guar and Wooly Mammoth mounts FTW

-as in, i'd like to have them. As far as costumes, I'll admit some seem...odd. Could be worse though

Actually guar are a very lore-friendly mount.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »

this is kind of like my view when pressed as to why my NB Yourma Ma'Sofat is on a lion and i simply reply im riding my husband!
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of them "offend" me and I think the issue is style rather than lore.

But basically all the crown store top tier ones look very un-Elder-Scrolls-like. Way too flashy in style compared to the more restrained manifestations of magic from the single-player games.

It doesn't bother me seeing others riding them but they have no appeal / value to me.

Personally I'm fairly satisfied with my mount collection now and not being ESO plus I see little value in costumes because I can't dye them.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I cant stand the Dwemer Mounts, mostly because they seem odd (Why would Dwarves build so many different types of beast constructs for mounts? The closest they came to a creature construct was their spider. And their spider mount makes more sense than all the others.) and for the most part I can ignore them when someone goes running by on one.

I think what drives me nuts..and its much more out of sight than the Dwarven Mounts. Is the knowledge that ZOS decided that humans were the ones to turn Direwolves into mounts. Maybe it would of been really similar to WoW or LotR even. But I cant look at the Direwolves and mentally connect Reachman and Imperial Foresters to the taming of these animals. They will always be a beastfolk type of creature to me. If not Orcs, Bosmer then.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesnt make sense to me how we can ride around on rocks held together by magickal lightning without our character constantly bein electricuted.

Also the dwemer mounts could look a little more.....dwemer? They look way too round and close to the original creature. Need more sharp edges and aproximations in their designs
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesnt make sense to me how we can ride around on rocks held together by magickal lightning without our character constantly bein electricuted.

Fun, quick thought, actual lightning strikes aren't electrical (at least the light you see isn't). They're plasma. Thunder is the shock of all of that air being instantly ionized. So... yeah, the atronach mounts should be melting their riders.
    Edited by starkerealm on September 11, 2017 7:49PM