Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Money making

aemanius
aemanius
✭✭
I'm a new player on ESO, right now I have 2 chars lvl.50 and the fastest way I found to make money is going in The Rift map zone and grind mobs with aoe build.
But for sure there are betters way to make money in order to buy equips, houses etc.

So what's your favorite way to make money on ESO?

Thanks !
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aemanius wrote: »

Play the market. Buy low, sell high. Look for hot items of the week. Make millions ...
    mueba.gif
  • aemanius
    aemanius
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

Play the market. Buy low, sell high. Look for hot items of the week. Make millions ...
    mueba.gif

thanks for the suggestion SirAndy, I see that to be able to sell in the auction I need to be in a Trade Guild, but I'm a kind of casual player (i play 3 months than i'm off for some and come back again) and dunno if there's any guild willing to hire such a player. But if yes it will be really interesting to sell in the market
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see that to be able to sell in the auction I need to be in a Trade Guild
    For unloading lots of smaller stuff a trading guild with a trader in one of the bigger cities will be very helpful, but for big ticket items (anything above 50k gold) i just use zone chat to sell them.
    I just sold 3 rare purple recipes for 200k each in zone chat.

Once you get a feel for the market, you know in which zones to find potential buyers.
    shades.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on September 1, 2017 6:47PM
  • aemanius
    aemanius
    ✭✭
    For unloading lots of smaller stuff a trading guild with a trader in one of the bigger cities will be very helpful, but for big ticket items (anything above 50k gold) i just use zone chat to sell them.

Once you get a feel for the market, you know in which zones to find potential buyers.
    shades.gif

thanks, is there any addons to understand the price of a item? like i drop the item 'x' and the addon show me the 'x' price is for that item in the auction
  • Tito86
    Tito86
    ✭✭✭

shades.gif

thanks, is there any addons to understand the price of a item? like i drop the item 'x' and the addon show me the 'x' price is for that item in the auction

Yes it is, its called Master Merchant
    I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tito86 wrote: »

shades.gif

Yes it is, its called Master Merchant

MM draws data from your guilds only so it'll be useless for someone without a trade guild.

Try TTC(Tamriel Trade Centre), it provides average prices based on all the listing on the server. It also has a site which is great for searching for specific items.

Far as money making in general goes, well, there're several things you could do:
    1)max out crafting and do crafting writs, that's free 4k gold a character a day basically and a chance for gold mats/master writs you can sell

2)level up to cp 160(level cap) and farm items from popular overworld sets, for example Necropotence is a very popular set among pet sorcs so something like infused lightning Necro staff would sell for like 300k+ gold. World bosses and public dungeons bosses can drop weapons, which are usually the most sought and valued pieces. For Necro it's the bosses of Riverspire zone. It's a gamble though on how long it will take you to get something good, but if you're lucky and/or patient you can make heaps of gold that way.

3)Farm non gear stuff like motifs, you could do that at any level too. For example Morag Tong motif still goes for 20k+ a page iirc and you can do the dailies that can reward it easily enough(you need to kill a world boss for one of them but it's usually not an issue to find help in zone if needed). If you're into stealing, newest Houses motifs can be stolen off Vvardenfell npcs and also sell nicely. Certain furniture plans also go for a fair bit, new Vvardenfell purple furnishing plans can sell for up to one million, maybe more, but that's because they're nigh impossible to find, they have like 1/20k droprate from urns and stuff.

4)If you're into PvP, ap can net you some nice gold too, either by buying regional equipment boxes(same as #2 but without having to fight s boss) or motifs or something. If you farm IC then you can use tel var stones to buy stuff like Hakeijo rune and cheap alchemy ingredients to sell.

Easiest way to sell stuff is indeed a trade guild, most active trade guilds have a week inactivity policy(and kick after that) but people in these rotate all the time, you can always come back. Question is though if you need one of those guilds, most have weekly sales requirements/donation fees, so if you're not selling actively there's no point to be in one.

If you sell in zone, the lively ones are zones with capitals - Mournhold in Deshaan, Elden Root in Grahtwood, Wayrest in Stormhaven, also Belkrath in Craglorn, Rawl'kha in Reaper's March and I guess Vvardenfell on the whole is probably pretty lively still because new atm.