Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

The Mad God's Bargain

Octopuss
Octopuss
✭✭✭✭✭
Where do I start this quest? UESP says "Talk to Valaste at the Mages Guild in Rawl'kha (Reaper's March), Evermore (Bangkorai), or Riften (The Rift)."
I went to Rawl'kha and Valaste isn't even there.
What do I do? There was absolutely no hint what to do next in the previous quest whatsoever.
WTF?...
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are not the starting points,

Daggerfall, Vulkhel Guard or Stonefalls are
    EU PS4
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm, someone should contact the staff of the site to correct it then.
    Thanks.
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you leveled the mages guild skill line enough? It needs to be level 6 (if I remember correctly) to start the last quest.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I did. Shalidor eventually appeared when I visited Daggerfall.
    It's just an error on the site.
  • Fereldyn
    Fereldyn
    ✭✭
    Boy, did I labour over the end of this quest...

Carry on!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    Thanks.
    I shall perform the ritual of summoning @Enodoc

Frozen horses are now canon... Cyrodiil is not a jungle...
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Thanks.

As with any Mages Guild quest, as long as you have completed the previous quest and reached the required Guild Rank, this quest will start at any Mages Guild hall or outpost. This is indicated in the Quest Giver detail on the quest page:

Quest Giver: Valaste at one of the following Guildhalls: Rawl'kha (Reaper's March); Evermore (Bangkorai); Riften (The Rift); or Arch-Mage Shalidor at any other Guildhall

There is a recurring issue that Valaste does not always appear, which is why we usually recommend going to a different zone Mages Guild first. And if Shalidor fails to turn up there, just keep trying different Guildhalls until you find him. The information on the quest page is sound; the game, not so much.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    Thanks.

As with any Mages Guild quest, as long as you have completed the previous quest and reached the required Guild Rank, this quest will start at any Mages Guild hall or outpost. This is indicated in the Quest Giver detail on the quest page:

Quest Giver: Valaste at one of the following Guildhalls: Rawl'kha (Reaper's March); Evermore (Bangkorai); Riften (The Rift); or Arch-Mage Shalidor at any other Guildhall

There is a recurring issue that Valaste does not always appear, which is why we usually recommend going to a different zone Mages Guild first. And if Shalidor fails to turn up there, just keep trying different Guildhalls until you find him. The information on the quest page is sound; the game, not so much.
    AHA!
    I was reading the walkthrough. It doesn't mention Shalidor.