The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

High Latency and Lag since Patch

Bobak
Bobak
Since the horns of the reach patch I've been getting non stop lag, being kicked from server for message spamming and having excessive trouble trying to login with login fail error messages and internal login errors.

I've already been in contact with my provider and done my own checking my internet is fine and I can access other online games and site without problems, and my problems only come from ESO.

Edit: also playing from australia
Edited by Bobak on September 5, 2017 12:52AM
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My average ping before Horns of the Reach was around 220ms. Keep in mind I live in New Zealand.
    Since this latest patch my ping has been hovering around 340ms. I have no idea why and I can't get it to return to what it used to be. Now I just have to live with more lag than I used to have for the last three years.
  • MissMuffet152
    MissMuffet152
    Soul Shriven
    I am in Australia and also having Login/connectivity issues. My internet network is fine, I have checked solutions from the help desk and they don't help.
    I have had this issue since the Horns Of The Reach patch was installed.
    The game is unplayable at the moment.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metafae wrote: »
    My average ping before Horns of the Reach was around 220ms. Keep in mind I live in New Zealand.
    Since this latest patch my ping has been hovering around 340ms. I have no idea why and I can't get it to return to what it used to be. Now I just have to live with more lag than I used to have for the last three years.

Got a large australian guild and lots of us are suffeing the same issue. It also effects some more than others BUT does feel like we're fighting an up hill battle
    Edited by Bhaal5 on September 4, 2017 6:11AM
  • FixTheGame
    FixTheGame
    Soul Shriven
    Game has become unplayable for me since last thursday, im in Australia as well, if i do get in can hardly do anything then get kicked, most of the time just get cant connect to server error. Pretty pathetic for a game im paying premium for, plus dropped $60 last week on crowns and got a banker, now I cant play at all. Customer service just closed my ticket and says contact sony.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What some of my guildies do to improve their 'lag' is hotspot from their phones and use the 4g network rather than our 3rd world rated landlines

That seems to help people with pvp/trials and data usage is fairly minimal.
    (Yes i know this is a short term solution, hopefully it helps)
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    damm i thought it was only me..

same here the other day

Lets do some PVP .. lag lag..lag..lag kicked out..
    ... got back in .. lets finish the VMSA.. tried using skills, 5 sec delay .. im alive and then out of nowhere dead ..
    .. how about pledges group finder? ... waiting waiting waiting 40 min .. nothing...
    ....lets go with guilds .. go in .. lag lag kicked out..

ok then you win ..turn it off ... lets watch Suits

Zos if you didn't want me to play the game you could of just said so .. :D
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• MissMuffet152
    MissMuffet152
    Soul Shriven
    Whatever/wherever the issues was, it's fixed. I am able to play again without being disconnected or with the seriously bad lag as before.
    There's still a little bit of lag because I'm in Australia. Maybe we could some Aussie servers so the pvp campaigns/battlegrounds are better.