Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Quest Bug-- Heart of the Matter.

JoeyTylerr
The quest Heart of the Matter is bugged. Every time i knock the guy out and have to absorb the essence with the heart the essence doesnt show up so i can absorb it. It showed up the first time i tried and i died then respawned right there with a soul gem and every time after that it doesn't show up. I tried relogging and even leaving and re entering the ruins and doing it over. Does not WORK.
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • stevelizelsaub17_ESO
    stevelizelsaub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    i have the same problem, now I am stuck in combat, it wont let me relog, and no more orbs are appearing. Im basically stuck not even able to log out
  • V3ntoux
    V3ntoux
    ✭✭✭
    This is happening for me as well. Another bugged quest preventing me from advancing. Waiting for Z's response to my ticket...May have to do the whole quest again.
  • Anex
    Anex
    ✭✭✭
    JoeyTylerr wrote: »
    The quest Heart of the Matter is bugged. Every time i knock the guy out and have to absorb the essence with the heart the essence doesnt show up so i can absorb it. It showed up the first time i tried and i died then respawned right there with a soul gem and every time after that it doesn't show up. I tried relogging and even leaving and re entering the ruins and doing it over. Does not WORK.

This is my EXACT issue

Assassination/ Dual Wield Specced Stamina-based Nightblade, because I like Hardmode apparently
    Twitter | Raptr | Twitch.TV
  • _subjectnamehere_
    _subjectnamehere_
    ✭✭✭
    My issue as well.
  • knivesb16_ESO
    knivesb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    This just happened to me exactly.
  • knivesb16_ESO
    knivesb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Just completed it i exited through the door to the outside, ran to the main entrance and had to speak to Laranalda before going through the door after Ukaezai again, if you go straight to the fight it'll do the exact same thing, a few tries and i ended having to pick up the heart 1st before fighting Ukaezai which worked.
  • beeriod
    beeriod
    ✭✭
    Just reported this as its just happened to may exactly same as op.Trying to hard to get to vr10 before trials but they just wont let me :)
    EU server / Ebonheart pact
    Penguin Mafia
    Pm for invite
  • beeriod
    beeriod
    ✭✭
    so logging out 3 times "force quit " sorted it had to pick heart up as above and then killed her
    EU server / Ebonheart pact
    Penguin Mafia
    Pm for invite
  • aquiella
    aquiella
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't have enough space in my inventory to collect my reward from Laranalda, so I went to the bank. When I returned to where Laranalda was located she is not there except the marker showing her location. Has anyone had this problem? I logged out and logged back in... nada...
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    aquiella wrote: »
    I didn't have enough space in my inventory to collect my reward from Laranalda, so I went to the bank. When I returned to where Laranalda was located she is not there except the marker showing her location. Has anyone had this problem? I logged out and logged back in... nada...

Are you playing on a console? If so, have you tried completely powering down? I have heard that sometimes that is needed in order for you to be placed in a different instance of the zone where the needed NPC isn't invisible/bugged.
    Edited by Allyhoo811 on July 23, 2015 2:34AM
  • aquiella
    aquiella
    ✭✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    aquiella wrote: »

Are you playing on a console? If so, have you tried completely powering down? I have heard that sometimes that is needed in order for you to placed in a different instance of the zone where the needed NPC isn't invisible/bugged.

I'm playing on console. I will definitely try this and thank you for your help!
  • Matt259
    Matt259
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having a similar problem. Laranalda is missing? Can someone help?