The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

What is the most effective race for an end game PvE Stamina Sorcerer?

Bobby_V_Rockit
Bobby_V_Rockit
✭✭✭✭✭
With all the recent changes to traits, passives, nerfs and buffs as well as the upcoming ones, what does the community feel the best Stamina Sorcerer DPS race is for end-game PvE?
Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on July 26, 2017 12:38PM

What is the most effective race for an end game PvE Stamina Sorcerer? 85 votes

Khajiit
24%
cschwingeb14_ESOWuffyCeruleiKhenarthiSeptimus_MagnaStannumrosendoichinoveb17_ESOKatinastunepunkPatoufApheriusVaohMerkabehbebynnagBrrrofskiLeogonARIES SERPICOTheDominionTakis1979Bobby_V_RockitMesutUS 21 votes
Bosmer
1%
Animal_Mother 1 vote
Redguard
54%
Belegnolehedna123b14_ESOIruil_ESOdanielclarkb16_ESOTito86kaorunandrakCheloFlameheartSkoomahUvirythWildWilburMcIOreyn_BearclawDHalepaulsimonpsHaquorAlcastLiofaSylvisKammakazi 46 votes
Nord
1%
klucas520 1 vote
Imperial
3%
AzuryaADarkloreIvanS 3 votes
Orc
11%
Lightspeedflashb14_ESOIduyennRajajshkaRaghulcjhhickman39TheStealthDudeTescoBiscuitsSoulreaverFearAndPatchingak_pvp 10 votes
Dunmer
1%
Lichbourne90 1 vote
Breton
0%
Altmer
1%
Butterbeans 1 vote
Argonian
1%
ccfeeling 1 vote
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Redguard
    You can't go wrong with Redguard .
    Options
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Highest damage: Khajiit
    Highest HP without losing damage: Imperial
    Highest sustain: Redguard
    Balanced tankiness / damage but no sustain: Orc

Difference between all 4 is minimal, and some will be better in there specific niche and for different players.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
    Options
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Hurricane looks better on the furry ones

also healing from surge is awesome
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguard
    Redguard all day. The only other option I would frankly consider is Khajiit. They have the potential for slightly more DPS in a really good raid group. My Stam Sorc was khajiit, but I made the switch. No way I would go back. I frankly could not tell the difference in damage, and the sustain was night and day. I also believe that Redguard is far superior to Khajiit in every scenario that is not a finely tuned raid group.

Unless all you plan to do is run trials in a very competitive trial group, redguard is the better choice.
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Went from Khajiit to Redguard. The difference in sustain is night and day, damage wise seems no different.
    Options
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguard
    Redguard is better in every way...especially with the changes to max stat values Khajit is not as valuable. The dps difference between the two in an optimized raid is less than 1% mathematically, however in a real world scenario the dps will nearly always be lower on a khajit. More heavy attacks for regen means less flexibility in rotations and less stam for dodgerolls, blocks and etc. So unless you count your dps on Valariel where you can literally be braindead and still parse well in all other scenarios Redguard will crush Khajit (nightblades may be the only exception)
    Options
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Khajiit, so that you can look awesome while killing enemies (also: crit and stam regen are nothing to sneeze at).
    PC-EU
    Options
  • Tito86
    Tito86
    ✭✭✭
    Redguard
    Choose between Redguard and Khajit. I prefer Redguards for better sustain,
    I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Options
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Redguard
    Khajit has the most straight up damage, never the less Redguard can outperform it since your increased sustain can allow for a more efficient rotation. Really depends on build and situation, but I personally think Redguard is the safer bet.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit
    Self-healing > Khajiit
    Stamina sustain > Redguard

Dmg roughly the same
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguard
    Redguard every day...so sweet and juicy sustain.

Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

Options
  • kaorunandrak
    kaorunandrak
    ✭✭✭
    Redguard
    Redguard win's in all aspects here, which has been and always will be a problem in game for stamina users as the race over performs versus all others. You want to know why they made the resources changes with morrowind? Go find any pre morrowind stamina DK video using a redguard in either PVE or PVP, infinite resources. Redguards are the best even with the morrowind nerfs this is a simple fact of life until ZOS makes proper changes to address the disparity between races.

Personally I play Nord in spite of this fact simply because I have loved the race through out the other games and I hate playing "META" and "FOTM" characters. I enjoy making my own builds and making them work for me and my group however, NOT choosing redguard as your stamina characters race IS the same as taking a shotgun and blowing your foot off that is a FACT.
    Guild Leader of The Crimson Moon PVE/PVP NA
    Join CM! http://thecrimsonmoon.enjin.com/page/724665/recruitment?gid=72859-0

Kaoru Nandrak - V16 DK Stamina DPS 2h/Heavy
    Jaoul Deathbringer - V16 NB Stamina DPS DW/Medium
    Zantare Deshuld - V16 NB Magicka Sap Tank S&B/Heavy
    Jarl Nan'Drak - Sorc Magika DPS 2h/Light
    Vilder Ymirson- Temp Magika DPS DW/Light
    Graywulf Odakai- DK Magika Tank S&B/Heavy
    Options
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    Bosmer is probably the closest alternative to Redguard in sustain (and may surpass them if you were to go WW) and brings poison/disease resist and stealth to the table, if you were to dabble in PVP or just plain steal stuff.
    Options
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Khajiit for PvE, Orc for PvP.
    Options
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguard
    Redguard is better in every way...especially with the changes to max stat values Khajit is not as valuable. The dps difference between the two in an optimized raid is less than 1% mathematically, however in a real world scenario the dps will nearly always be lower on a khajit. More heavy attacks for regen means less flexibility in rotations and less stam for dodgerolls, blocks and etc. So unless you count your dps on Valariel where you can literally be braindead and still parse well in all other scenarios Redguard will crush Khajit (nightblades may be the only exception)

Well said. I need to add that I was testing Redguard vs Khajit on stamblade, and even in that case RG wins.
    Founder of Call of the Undaunted
    Youtube Channel
    Options
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguard

Well said. I need to add that I was testing Redguard vs Khajit on stamblade, and even in that case RG wins.

Completely agree...i was so surprised to find that to be honest.
    Options
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Everyone and their grandma has a Redguard stam build.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
    Options
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguard
    Best for min /max, Redguard. Best otherwise, is up to you. Aesthetically I might choose something else. But, I happen to have a dainty Redguard girl with a two handed sword.....
    Options
  • Patouf
    Patouf
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Khajiit if you use heavy attack instead of rapid strikes.

Imperial is the best if you have no trouble with stam regen with rapid strikes.

Redguard best if you have issue with your stamina recovery.

But overall, Khajiit is in theory the best specially next patch with shadow mundus... it is about 0.5% and 1.5% more dps than redguard. Finally, they are equal, don't you think ?
    Edited by Patouf on August 14, 2017 8:41AM
    Ruined Laggy Broken Game
    Sithis & Psijic Order
    Sithis and spacetime. From nothing to everything.
    Dark, Aurbis, Aetherius-Oblivion, Mundus, Nirn, Tamriel. Dark again, something else.
    Dark is categorical, the absolute zero.
    VØID

Options
  • Honghua
    Honghua
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmer has the highest stamina sustain in the game after 3.0.0 patch.
    If you consider getting sustain regen passives and etc you can surpass reguard sustain by 10%.
    Edited by Honghua on August 14, 2017 11:43AM
    Options
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Khajiit if you plan on wearing troll king, but that's not really for end game pve
    Edited by cschwingeb14_ESO on August 14, 2017 8:04PM
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    How about now after Horns of the Reach? That crit nerf and stam buffs make Redguard less appealing and Khajiit more enticing...
    Options
  • Lichbourne90
    Lichbourne90
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    Meta setting in the making
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Khajiit = truly best DPS output

If you are not good enough to sustain it (or group makes it too tough to sustain) then Redguard for easier sutain. Either way the DPS difference will not be huge anyway. Choose what you like.

I'd recommend Khajiit, though mainly because..... they're Khajiits :neutral:
    Options
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Khajiit for PvE, Orc for PvP
    Options