The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Rapid Maneuver + Morphs / Major Expedition

Avrael
Avrael
✭✭✭✭
So, i tested now a bit around with Major Expedition and Major Gallop on my Sorc, and it seems like Rapid Maneuver does NOT give you Major Expedition when you cast it on a mount, even when you unmount after the cast. It gives you Major Expedition when you cast it normally, BUT the Buff Major Expedition itself will NOT show up in any Bufflist, Ingame or Addon wise, even when its active from this Skill (if you test it you will feel the 30% Speed increase). It WILL show up from other Skills tho, for Instance Boundless Storm.
And i just guess thats a Bug. I thought, maybe it could have something to do with the Addon "Assist Rapid Riding", but i tested it without the Addon too and it didnt make a diffrence. So it has to be a bug in the game itself.
"I mustache you a question."
"Well shave it for later."
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Push, i would like to hear if this is going to be investigated, and if its really a bug or intended. I cant imagine a world were this is intended, but who knows.
    "I mustache you a question."
    "Well shave it for later."
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its not only that. Some buffs disappearing were pretty common with this ability. When you removed the skill from your bar you usually lost all of them or kept just one, but their effect was still present (speed).
    Now something weird happened and the expedition is like part of the main buff only and it creates many problems (probable case)

You have Major Expedition on you and cast rapid? It will only refresh the duration of the old expedition => you will lose the expedition and with it the speed once it (the refreshed buff) expires. Example is haste retreat from bow that is 5sec. Dodge to get it, cast rapid, duration of 5sec is refreshed and after it expires you lose the speed while still having ~25s of rapid. It is because the speed is tied to 'rapid maneuver' and that buff is not granted if you already have expedition.

In short:
    • Activating rapid maneuver will grant only 'rapid maneuver' and 'major gallop' buff
    • If you have major expedition before casting rapid, it will get refreshed without ever granting 'rapid maneuver' and you will lose the speed once that buff is gone.
    • If you have no major expedition on you and cast rapid, you will have the speed for the whole duration of 'rapid maneuver'
    • If you remove the skill from your bar, the 'rapid maneuver' buff is lost along with the run speed, but 'major gallop' remains along with the mount speed

tldr;
    its bug

//edit:
    It is actually far worse. Because you dont get the buff if you have expedition on from another source, you arent just losing the speed, you are losing all other bonuses. You will never receive minor expedition after the charging morph, because it is tied to expiry of the 'charging maneuver' which is not granted. It is also very possible you never get the root/snare immunity from retreating morph, because of the same reason
    Edited by SodanTok on September 2, 2017 6:41PM
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I may piggyback on this thread -- what's with the bug that interprets use of this skill in cities as attacks? I've been unable to use it because I have the setting that I can't attack innocents turned on. I've had it perceived as an attack on a guard when I've had the other setting. Not ideal.

Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I may piggyback on this thread -- what's with the bug that interprets use of this skill in cities as attacks? I've been unable to use it because I have the setting that I can't attack innocents turned on. I've had it perceived as an attack on a guard when I've had the other setting. Not ideal.

No idea. I dont have that bug. Can use it freely with and without "attacking innocent" enabled and it works as is supposed to (no guard complained)
    Options