The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Xbox] Game Crashing / Unplayable.

Shatterborn
Xbox One
NA Server
Unplayable, Freezing every few seconds Followed by Game Crashing every 5-10minutes.
Started about a Week ago and Continued to Worsen.
I Can Play Other Online Games on my Xbox with Zero Issues. ( but I really want to Play ESO and Spend my money on Endless Appearance Changes and Crates! )
Wrothgar seems to have the least amount of Disturbance for me.
Dungeons are Unplayable and most Cities result in a Freeze Followed by a Crash within 5minutes.
Entering Combat in Wardenfell results in an Instant Freeze Followed by a Crash ( Also happens in other Zones. )
I've only played for about a Year but I have never experienced anything that would render the Game Absolutely Unplayable.
Also when Playing ESO the Xbox party chat will have issues, not sure if that's relevant but jus trying t cover everything.
A lot of people are experiencing these issues, I know it's not just the Lack of Sleeping Talking.
If you need to know more information ZOS please message me, I'd like to play Again.
Patriarch of [The Competent Ones]
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you've not done so, please try the troubleshooting below for the game crashes you are experiencing sporadically.

Restart the Game
    To restart the game:
    1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to return to the Home screen.
    2. Press the Menu button on your controller and close the game.
    3. Restart the game from the Home screen.

Power Cycle the Console
    To power cycle your Xbox One:
    1. Press and hold the Xbox button on the front of the console for 10 seconds.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable and wait for 10 seconds.
    3. Plug the power cable back in and turn the console back on by pressing the Xbox button again.

Uninstall and Reinstall the Game
    To uninstall a game on your Xbox One, follow the steps found here.

Once complete, you can reinstall the game from your library.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox One
    NA Server
    Unplayable, Freezing every few seconds Followed by Game Crashing every 5-10minutes.
    Started about a Week ago and Continued to Worsen.
    I Can Play Other Online Games on my Xbox with Zero Issues. ( but I really want to Play ESO and Spend my money on Endless Appearance Changes and Crates! )
    Wrothgar seems to have the least amount of Disturbance for me.
    Dungeons are Unplayable and most Cities result in a Freeze Followed by a Crash within 5minutes.
    Entering Combat in Wardenfell results in an Instant Freeze Followed by a Crash ( Also happens in other Zones. )
    I've only played for about a Year but I have never experienced anything that would render the Game Absolutely Unplayable.
    Also when Playing ESO the Xbox party chat will have issues, not sure if that's relevant but jus trying t cover everything.
    A lot of people are experiencing these issues, I know it's not just the Lack of Sleeping Talking.
    If you need to know more information ZOS please message me, I'd like to play Again.

Your game is most definitely broken...
  • Khazaril
    Khazaril
    Soul Shriven
    I have had the same problems for a few months. I have tried all the steps you recommend including the lengthy reinstall.
    The game still crashes randomly without warning.
    I have contacted support but have gotten no replies. When are you going to do something about this?
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.