Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Mages guild quest line broken

soulassassin808b16_ESO
The mages guild won't give me any more quests. I'm currently level 22 and around level 15 I should have recieved the mission called "Simply Misplaced". I have danced around every single mages guild waiting for the guy to appear but he just doesn't Sharing the quest also doesn't work. Anyone have any solutions?
  • scabrous_ftz
    scabrous_ftz
    ✭✭
    I received the Mages Guild level 15 quest in Ashcroft (sp?) in Glenumbra (DC), not in a Mage Guild.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which alliance are you? In AD I found Shalidor in Skywatch standing outside the mages guild. In DC I get in that Ashcroft place. Don't remember about EP.
  • soulassassin808b16_ESO
    It appeared that you need to have a guild level of 2 to receive the quest. By picking up lorebooks I got it to work finally
  • Valkerian
    Valkerian
    It is linked to the mage guild levels is what I'm thinking. I kept finding all teh lore books I could and when i hit level 2, the next time I was near a mage guild he was standing outside waiting for me.
  • randomaffliction66
    randomaffliction66
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm also having an issue with this, I stopped getting quests after the initial one with cheesemongers hollow, it's possible I missed some thing so i'll go back again and look...

But I've looked multiple times to find nothing lol
    Brave New World.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's based off of your mage's guild level, too. You need Mage's Guild rank 5 to get the final quest in the line. Once you're eligible for a quest, Shalidor will appear near any Mage's Guild building you go near to breadcrumb you into the quest.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭
    I hope someone can help me with this. I have the quest 'Simply Misplaced' but can't find 'Valaste'. The map marker shows her location at the Lighthouse outside Vulkhel Guard. Marker shows I should enter. I go in, marker then shows she is above me, I go up to next floor, marker then shows she is below me, go back down. Can't find her.
    Edited by Killum on April 2, 2014 5:11PM
  • Montanx
    Montanx
    It's based off of your mage's guild level, too. You need Mage's Guild rank 5 to get the final quest in the line. Once you're eligible for a quest, Shalidor will appear near any Mage's Guild building you go near to breadcrumb you into the quest.

I need confirmation of this. I am level 37 and only 3 in Mage guild. My next Mage quest is the lvl 33 quest "chateau of the ravenous rat." The npc valaste is there and talks about the mission but there's no quest marker. I wasn't sure if I needed rank 4 to do it. Then the last quest you say needs rank 5.
    Edited by Montanx on April 5, 2014 7:07AM
  • jdlyboogie2cub18_ESO
    jdlyboogie2cub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    i can't find Valaste for the Simply Misplaced Quest. She is nowhere to be found. the quest says at the Mages Guild but she isn't to be found anywhere. sigh. I swear I hate auridon. it's one thing after another and i keep having to come back in a day just to see if a "broken" bugged quest is fixed so I can finish it. this one is still "broken" I see and this is day 3..HELP!
  • Dynastic_Hero
    Valkerian wrote: »
    It is linked to the mage guild levels is what I'm thinking. I kept finding all teh lore books I could and when i hit level 2, the next time I was near a mage guild he was standing outside waiting for me.

ahhh ok that makes sense. When you first join the magies guild the woman states how they collect books and knowledge.
  • gurahamu
    gurahamu
    why is every response here off topic? jesus there are those of us who actually need help with this quest - not other quests.
  • whimsicalqt
    whimsicalqt
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same problem with the quest where I have to "Talk to Valaste". She is not at the Mages Guild in Skywatch and when I was in Vulkhel Guard, it showed she was in the Lighthouse right outside of Vulkhel but she is definitely not there. Any idea where I can find her?
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    It isn't broken. I'm up to the lvl 43 quest though I'm a few lvls off being able to do it. Just wait. I waited a whole day before I got a few to advance so paitence. The next quest I have to do is the one after I have collected the last book.
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • Killum
    Killum
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I have an update here. I found Valaste. You need to go to Skywatch and see the scout on the docks, take a boat to the next area and the map marker will show you the way. I found out from someone in game, I wish I could remember their name to give them proper credit.

*Note

If you are anywhere in the south near Vulkhel Guard the map marker will lead you to the lighthouse. This is confusing and incorrect. Just go to Skywatch like I said.
    Edited by Killum on April 7, 2014 9:53AM
  • latinsmarty16
    latinsmarty16
    ✭✭
    @Montanx‌, I am level 37 going on 38 and I am now having that same issues with it I am so confused!
  • raw1r1rwb17_ESO
    I found Valaste in the Elden Root Mages Guild in Grahtwood.
  • trav2609rwb17_ESO
    trav2609rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Valaste moves to the main Mages Guild in each new area but need the levels in the guild to open it via finding lore books.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Biggs
    Biggs
    For those of you in Ebonheart Pact, Valaste is in the Mages Guild in Mournhold, Deshaan (the next zone south of Stonefalls).
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome. I was also having trouble with this... went to the Skywatch docks and met Scout Linimondil. she takes you to Grahtwood to meet Valaste. :)
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • pierceoftheender
    Thanks for help, only had to read 6 posts down to know what to do! :)
    A horse walked into a bar. Several people got up and left as they spotted the potential danger in the situation.
  • Kazrak66
    Kazrak66
    Soul Shriven
    For me i did have lvlv 2 mages guild and could not find the quest for Simply Misplaced. I could talk to Valaste in Vukkhels Guard mage hall but no dice. I decided to go collect a bunch of Shalidors library lore books, got all 10 from auridon and when i ported to Elden Root Wayshrine and good old Shally popped up to give me the quest! Hope that helps.