The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bug with Blooddrinker set, doesn´t increase bleed-damage by 20%

Qbiken
Qbiken
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Finally got the pieces I needed to start testing this set yesterday. I was interesting if this set increased the damage of Physical single target DoTs as well as Bleed-damage. How was the testing done:

The follow gear was used in the testing:
* 2 Blooddrinker daggers: 1 Infused and 1 Precis
* 3 Blooddrinker Jewels.
* First Mate Mark ring, unique Bone-pirate ring that drops from one of the bosses in Blackhearth Haven (Gives the same amount of stamina as a Blooddrinker ring, but removes the 5 piece Blooddrinker so that I can test the difference in damage)

All gear is purple btw if you wonder. Note that CP was not disabled during these tests. I will try to see if CP might interfere when I get home, and will also post more detailed pictures of my dps tests to make things more clear. So first I use the abilities listed below with the "First Mate Mark". After that I swapped out "First Mate Mark" to a Blooddrinker ring to get the 5 piece bonus and tested all things again. Crit-values, non-crit values and total amount of damage are written down and then compared.

I tested the bleeds on:
* Werewolf light attack bleed
* Rending slashes
* Twin-blade and blunt bleed
* Carve (and morphs)
* 2hander Bleed from passive

And the results is the same everytime: The blooddrinker set only buffs the bleed-damage by roughly 15%, not 20% as the tooltip says it will. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Edited by Qbiken on August 31, 2017 6:51AM
  • NiclasFridholm
    NiclasFridholm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it may have something to do with how it is calculated with CPs? Same with minor slayer not actually giving 5%. Have not tested it though.
    Tobias Funke - Magplar since forever

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update

Had some help from a friend in one of my guilds that tried to find an explanation to the problem. It seems that the more points that are put into Thamaturge, the less bleed-damage boost we´ll get from the Blooddrinker set. According to my friend it´s due to how dimishing returns with CP works. So to make it more clear: Using CP actually "nerfs" the effect of the 5th piece bonus from Blooddrinker.

I´m not 100 % sure about what my friend explained to me (since game decided to crash and I couldn´t reconnect when I was about to get a more in-dept explanation). But my friend was talking about Blooddrinker being additive calculated with thamaturge CP which causes the dmg boost of blooddrinker being lower than the actuall tooltip.