Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Help with HotR stats for stamina DPS

Bobby_V_Rockit
Bobby_V_Rockit
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi all,

With the balance changes this patch, I was hoping to continue on in vMA, having been stuck on stage 5 since Morrowind. Now, my question is more or less regarding balancing between these three stats:

Weapon Damage
Weapon Critical
Physical Penetration

What ratios are we potentially looking at for a well rounded toon? As a Stam Sorc using the Thief mundus. I currently sit on 3550, 70% (buffed with crit pots or camo hunter) and 5.5k respectively.

Gear is stock standard (5x VO, 5x Hundings Rage, 2x Stormfist) and same skill setup as everyone else. I just for the life of me cant seem to find a reasonable balance between crit v. pen. Losing the Thief puts crit down to 64% (54% unbuffed).

Any advice would be great, cheers
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    In this patch I'd def drop the thief. Your stats seem fine just switch mundus to the lover and if you have it I'd switch from stormfist to veli or if penetrqation si the isse get 1 kraghs and 1 slimecrav.

But I don't think gear or mundus is the issue it's more about learning the mechanics. Stage 5 is pretty easy if you do the platforms on the last boss in the right order you can also use sigils to make some fights a lot easier.
  • Lorajet
    Lorajet
    ✭✭✭
    Jawasa wrote: »
    In this patch I'd def drop the thief. Your stats seem fine just switch mundus to the lover and if you have it I'd switch from stormfist to veli or if penetrqation si the isse get 1 kraghs and 1 slimecrav.

But I don't think gear or mundus is the issue it's more about learning the mechanics. Stage 5 is pretty easy if you do the platforms on the last boss in the right order you can also use sigils to make some fights a lot easier.

Interesting. I dropped The Thief for and went to The Lover for my MagSorc, and was wondering if I should go over to The Lover for my Redguard DK. Think I'll try it. Thanks for the idea.
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    @Lorajet Also try the warrior and apprentice it's what I use in four man content but from what I have heard lover and warrior will give you about the same dps but warrior is better if your group can give you the penetration in other ways. Like infused crusher, nm, sunderflame and alkosh.
  • Lorajet
    Lorajet
    ✭✭✭
    @Jawasa Thanks !
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks :) I'll give lover a try and use a precise dagger instead of a sharp axe too
  • Lorajet
    Lorajet
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks :) I'll give lover a try and use a precise dagger instead of a sharp axe too

Precise dagger? Haven't tried that one yet - good to know
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    @Bobby_V_Rockit for solo i'd still use sharpned dagger in off hand but diffrence is prob very low. I just tried lover instead of warrior on My stamdk on a target skeleton and My dps went from 32 to 34k so for solo lover is prob what you want.

Gl in vma. :)
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More penetration would be good probably. You can swap VO for something like Spriggan, swap the Thief for the Lover, use sharpened weapons, allocate cp, etc. I would trade the Thief anyway, if not for the Lover then for the Warrior.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So 60-65% crit chance is alright now? Man I remember a few months ago people saying 75-80 was too low lol.
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    Well with thief not being worth it crit is prob lower this patch that's an 11% loss and as a stam sorc with no major fracture I think you need some penetration so better off with sharpened on your off hand but I guess you can try out both. Just get in there and play is my best advice. :)