Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which of these two should I get and why(read description first!)?

Texecutioner187
Texecutioner187
✭✭✭
So my primary function is Guildhall. Dueling area if possible, numerous crafting stations(at least 20 and increasing), all mundus stones, etc.

I am torn between the functionality of Hakkvilds High Hall and the beauty/awe of Linchal Grand Manor. The other two leaders of my guild are equally undecided 50/50. Larger downsides are having to walk through the catacombs of Hakkvilds or not having a good "place" for all the guild functions in Linchal.

Now that we can preview them both, I've had plenty of time deciding and I still can't...

Hoping to get some outside opinions, thoughts, pros, cons, anything... Thanks in advance!
Edited by Texecutioner187 on August 31, 2017 12:52AM

Which of these two should I get and why(read description first!)? 43 votes

Hakkvild's High Hall
27%
SigtricIruil_ESOcamelliaLinaleahpaulsimonpsMarabornwingrionSparklyRookButterbeansAurieiiYukiEatmyfaceMighTyx 12 votes
Linchal Grand Manor
53%
laurajfkrisor67_ESOCpt_TeemoSoupDragonNebthet78starkerealmCillion3117LarianaAliyavanaDracindoLadyNalcaryaLeogonTevalaurIzakiKrazyKooterKing_KaboodlesFroilAshgard23ajm1946Sticky_Paws 23 votes
Undecided
18%
RajajshkaApheriusSSlargWrecking_GorillaMorgul667Texecutioner187TonyRockaroniGrimClaw 8 votes
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hakkvild's High Hall
    Hakkvild's can be bought with gold, so other guild members can help contribute towards purchase price. Linchal is crown only and not currently available to boot

there is a hatch leading to the central hall early inside the catacombs (few steps after you enter, on the right hand side), should at least slightly alleviate the "have to enter through the catacombs" issue

IMO
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linchal Grand Manor
    To be fair, I'm saying Linchal, but, have you checked some of the existing houses? The Imperial one in Reaper's March, and of course the Khajiit Estate come to mid as possible options.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    due to the crazy high costs of both I would be 100% that you want / need either. Actual function as a guild hall are a bit disappointing I've found.

without Guild Bank / Store access they never replace other hubs for crafting etc.

happy to be be educated what else you use them for however!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Undecided
    To be fair, I'm saying Linchal, but, have you checked some of the existing houses? The Imperial one in Reaper's March, and of course the Khajiit Estate come to mid as possible options.

Currently I have Daggerfall Overlook as my house, just to wanting something new and fresh so to speak. I think it's just a matter of whichever has better features and amenities.

I think I'm leaning towards High Hall because it just has more potential for things to "have a good spot" rather than Linchal just having a lot of space.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Linchal Grand Manor
    Hunding's Palatial Hall. Build rooftop acces. Profit.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Undecided
    Hunding's Palatial Hall. Build rooftop acces. Profit.

Had it. We ended up moving to Daggerfall Overlook and happy about it... More open space. Crowns aren't an issue either, after the last crown sale, I have upwards of 80k crowns. I see despite saying Hundings, you voted Linchal. Why?
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Undecided
    Beardimus wrote: »
    due to the crazy high costs of both I would be 100% that you want / need either. Actual function as a guild hall are a bit disappointing I've found.

without Guild Bank / Store access they never replace other hubs for crafting etc.

happy to be be educated what else you use them for however!

Currently, we tend to use our current Daggerfall Covenant one for crafting and guys getting together and having duels.

Of course, we need somewhere logical for the Mundus stones also. Banker and merchant are helpful to have readily available as well despite not getting full functionality out of either.
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hakkvild's High Hall
    For a guild hall Hakkvild's High Hall. It has PLENTY of outside space perfect for dueling and placing mundus stones, and the inside would be a good place to put crafting stations around the edge of the main hall. The hatch in the entrance takes you straight into the main hall.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Linchal Grand Manor
    Hakkvild's High Hall looks interesting, but everything is all over the place I find. Therefore I think your best bet would be Linchal Grand Manor, where there is actually a good amount of space to put the things that you want.

The area downstairs in the manner is large enough for a huge layout of tables and seats, enough for 24 people. If you go upstairs and out the balcany, there is a great sized area where you can put all the crafting stations that you want. You could even section them off if you are creative enough.

There is a barn off to the side where you could place the mundus stones if you don't want them out in the open, or you could even put them behind the manor itsself in a line.

You could put target skeletons off to either side for your guild mates to practise on.
    Then you could have the whole front, even the area of the pool, and use a little creativity and put up barriers and other obstacles to fight around for your little dueling area, and players can go up into either of the two towers at the front and look down and watch the fight going on from up there, or you can be creative and make a bench down below for them to watch from too.

I guess it all comes down to how creative you are at decorating and where you want to put things. Both manors have potential, it is just figuring out which one really works best for what you want.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Undecided
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    Hakkvild's High Hall looks interesting, but everything is all over the place I find. Therefore I think your best bet would be Linchal Grand Manor, where there is actually a good amount of space to put the things that you want.

The area downstairs in the manner is large enough for a huge layout of tables and seats, enough for 24 people. If you go upstairs and out the balcany, there is a great sized area where you can put all the crafting stations that you want. You could even section them off if you are creative enough.

There is a barn off to the side where you could place the mundus stones if you don't want them out in the open, or you could even put them behind the manor itsself in a line.

You could put target skeletons off to either side for your guild mates to practise on.
    Then you could have the whole front, even the area of the pool, and use a little creativity and put up barriers and other obstacles to fight around for your little dueling area, and players can go up into either of the two towers at the front and look down and watch the fight going on from up there, or you can be creative and make a bench down below for them to watch from too.

I guess it all comes down to how creative you are at decorating and where you want to put things. Both manors have potential, it is just figuring out which one really works best for what you want.

Thank you, that was some great input. I'm glad someone gave some good reasoning for one or the other. Do you have any other thoughts about Linchal or any about Hakkvild's as far as creativity? I fully admit that I lack creativity but have ability. If someone gives me an idea... I can make it happen. I'm extremely left brained :blush:
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Undecided
    Linaleah wrote: »
    Hakkvild's can be bought with gold, so other guild members can help contribute towards purchase price. Linchal is crown only and not currently available to boot

there is a hatch leading to the central hall early inside the catacombs (few steps after you enter, on the right hand side), should at least slightly alleviate the "have to enter through the catacombs" issue

IMO

I appreciate your thoughts on this, apologies that I missed this earlier. As far as the cost, I'm not too worried about that since multiple members have donated crowns and either one will be bought with Crowns(when available if Linchal). The hatch is definitely helpful to get into the house, however the first "impression" when someone travels to Hakkvild's is that they will be in a dungeon. I'm not so worried about the walk since they can get in pretty quickly(and I would probably put Mundus stones in there with some lightning and carpeting), as much as the initial wow factor.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Undecided
    iiYuki wrote: »
    For a guild hall Hakkvild's High Hall. It has PLENTY of outside space perfect for dueling and placing mundus stones, and the inside would be a good place to put crafting stations around the edge of the main hall. The hatch in the entrance takes you straight into the main hall.

Wow, that's another great idea. Crafting stations inside(since people get to them pretty quickly from the catacombs door) and the dueling "arena" would be inside the large stone structure. Thank you for your input, it's great!
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hakkvild's High Hall
    jgruberman wrote: »

IMO

I appreciate your thoughts on this, apologies that I missed this earlier. As far as the cost, I'm not too worried about that since multiple members have donated crowns and either one will be bought with Crowns(when available if Linchal). The hatch is definitely helpful to get into the house, however the first "impression" when someone travels to Hakkvild's is that they will be in a dungeon. I'm not so worried about the walk since they can get in pretty quickly(and I would probably put Mundus stones in there with some lightning and carpeting), as much as the initial wow factor.

that makes sense. it sounds like you are strongly leaning towards the Gold coast manor :) which is a pretty awesome house and the entrance certainly gives a grander impression.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Undecided

IMO

that makes sense. it sounds like you are strongly leaning towards the Gold coast manor :) which is a pretty awesome house and the entrance certainly gives a grander impression.

I'm actually leaning more towards Hakkvilds because it seems like stuff "goes somewhere" better than the manor. The Manor is more or less a giant courtyard with gorgeous architecture. It would certainly take more creativity with the Manor to accomplish my goals I think.
  • GrimClaw
    GrimClaw
    ✭✭✭
    Undecided
    None, till they raise the item limit you should not go over small or medium sized.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Undecided
    GrimClaw wrote: »
    None, till they raise the item limit you should not go over small or medium sized.

I wasn't looking for opinions of whether I should buy a large house or not, I was looking for pros/cons/opinions between the two. Thanks though for trying to help!
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hakkvild's High Hall
    GrimClaw wrote: »

for guild house, its not just item cap that matters. its also visitor cap. which is why,m you kinda have to go with larger house, at least you o if you actualy want to use it for guild functions.

that said, personaly in hakvid's hall, I would use the hall itself for duels and stuff, if only becasue it has those bleachers around the perimeter of the room and this sort of central arena ring. but there are several areas that can also work very well for that.

its an odd house for personal use but a pretty cool one for guild hall purposes. IMO. because just how much sheer space it has and how that space is split up into separate areas that can be used for different purposes.
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Undecided
    @Linaleah I agree completely. I think I am going to go with Hakkvild's after watching a few videos online... seems like a lot more potential and things going on there than the Manor. Plus people rarely go into the houses anyway... so I'm just getting a big freaking courtyard :wink:
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undecided
    If I'm being honest, Hakkvild's High Hall is definitely the better of the two if you're looking for a guild hall. The interior isn't much to look at in terms of living space, so using it as a guild hall makes much more sense (especially considering the interior comes from the Riften mages' guild hall).

However, the reason I voted undecided was because my choice for a guild hall would be Earthtear Cavern. It' much more spacious and has a TON of options in terms of what you can do with it. A lot more options than Hakkvild's High Hall or Linchal Grand Manor, if you ask me.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Undecided
    If I'm being honest, Hakkvild's High Hall is definitely the better of the two if you're looking for a guild hall. The interior isn't much to look at in terms of living space, so using it as a guild hall makes much more sense (especially considering the interior comes from the Riften mages' guild hall).

However, the reason I voted undecided was because my choice for a guild hall would be Earthtear Cavern. It' much more spacious and has a TON of options in terms of what you can do with it. A lot more options than Hakkvild's High Hall or Linchal Grand Manor, if you ask me.

I like your thought out comments Tony, however I ended up going with Hakkvild's for the reasons of it havingg more stuff to do and the layout making more sense. I never really even considered Earthtear because it's just a big wide open space. It's a little too much "creativity" for me to have to do while Hakkvild's has areas for everything... crafting, mundus stones, dueling, etc...
  • krisor67_ESO
    krisor67_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Linchal Grand Manor
    I vote for Linchal Grand Manor, cause there is a awesome courtyard to setup the way you want. Plenty of space inside for gathering the guildies together. If you want the creepy side, you can always set up a deadric graveyard setting behind the manor. Then you also have the stable, where you can set up crafting stations inside and around the outside of.
    As for Hakkvild's High Hall, it is a awesome creepy cave like feel, with the dragon mount outside. the hall itself is very small and not set up very well, with one side of the upstairs that you cant get to unless you build across to it. While the courtyard area around the hall is nice, is it really enough room for what you want, and where would you put all the crafting stations......around the outside of the hall.
    DPS player, not big on PVP but will do it. Love the homestead part of the game, spend a lot of time decorating places.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Linchal Grand Manor
    Nebthet78 wrote: »

Thank you, that was some great input. I'm glad someone gave some good reasoning for one or the other. Do you have any other thoughts about Linchal or any about Hakkvild's as far as creativity? I fully admit that I lack creativity but have ability. If someone gives me an idea... I can make it happen. I'm extremely left brained :blush:

Well, the one thing I found really interesting about Linchal, especially for those guilds who like dueling, is the two towers by the door.

Now, if you get really creative, and down mind the inside of the hall being fully furnished, you could make a duelling ring outside, with levels in the air where the two opponents can go up, one in each tower, and then go onto a platform to battle each other.

And if you use Teamspeak or Discord, the guild leader or event coordinator can make announcements for the matches as guildies cheer. You could have 12vs12 guild events against another guild who you invite in and you all could have a blast for guild events. You could even change the platforms weekly or monthly. It's actually hilarious and fun to get punted off a platform and have to continue the battle on the ground..
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hakkvild's High Hall
    I vote for Linchal Grand Manor, cause there is a awesome courtyard to setup the way you want. Plenty of space inside for gathering the guildies together. If you want the creepy side, you can always set up a deadric graveyard setting behind the manor. Then you also have the stable, where you can set up crafting stations inside and around the outside of.
    As for Hakkvild's High Hall, it is a awesome creepy cave like feel, with the dragon mount outside. the hall itself is very small and not set up very well, with one side of the upstairs that you cant get to unless you build across to it. While the courtyard area around the hall is nice, is it really enough room for what you want, and where would you put all the crafting stations......around the outside of the hall.

You could place all the crafting stations on the gallery over the great hall. And while it's inconvenient for sure to only have access to one half of it, I suspect that ZO$ will put another doorway opposite the existing one....problem solved. Worst comes to the worst, it won't take much effort to lay a connecting floor/planks across the centre area for access to the other side.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Undecided
    Aurelle1 wrote: »

You could place all the crafting stations on the gallery over the great hall. And while it's inconvenient for sure to only have access to one half of it, I suspect that ZO$ will put another doorway opposite the existing one....problem solved. Worst comes to the worst, it won't take much effort to lay a connecting floor/planks across the centre area for access to the other side.

Our current thought process is turn the inside into an Achievement museum(we have it currently inside the Daggerfall house. The crafting stations are all lined up on the stone sidewalk between the Tower and small room in the corner with lighting and decor in there. We added trees to the middle of the property to make a "clearing" for campfire and props and such. We are going to add seating and platforms to the stone area above the ceiling opening outside to theme that as a colosseum for guild dueling events(best of 3, double elimination). The inside of the catacombs is being "homelied up" as much as possible since it's the main entrance and first thing people see. Mundus stones lined up outside of every other window with even spacing and that let's 13 fit perfectly. Monster busts either lined up on the outside of the wood circular walkway opposite the Mundus stones or inside the colosseum as the "challengers" enter while one side of the arena is themed AD, and another side themed DC with the whole house themed EP(for Nords). Monster head trophies on the inside of the colosseum where they fight or inside in the museum.

I'll make a video walk through of it since there aren't very many out there yet. I expect to be done sometime this week, at latest by the weekend.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hakkvild's High Hall
    We went with Hakkvild's for our guild hall. Still far from being furnished but has lots of great usable room.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]