Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Constant crashes since last update?

Nemesis7884
Nemesis7884
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Since i started playing eso i never had one crash (started march this year) - however, since the last update, i crash about every 30 minutes...anyone elese has the same issues?
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Platform? Server?

If PC, system specs? Addons used?

Internet connection including whether wired or wireless?

I have no problems on the PC EU server.
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, I'm on PC na. Before Monday I had 80 to 100ish fps, 200ish latency, maybe twice in a week crashes. Now, I have 2 per session. Also, I have only 30 to 50ish fps, latency wildly, colourful jumping. Before groupdungeons I deactivate all my add-ons.
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I noticed the memory leak was back and is much more noticeable if you are switching between characters on a regular basis. I've had my game crash out a few times because of that.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • kimaeril
    kimaeril
    ✭✭✭
    I crashed 3 times in 15 minutes Monday night, did a repair and that seemed to fix it. Then last night I crashed twice in about 5 minutes. I've had random crashes before but not right after updates. I'm on PC NA.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Platform? Server?

im on pc...im irritated cause i havent change ANYTHING - i have had absolutly 0 crashes since march - until the update and now i crash about every 15-30 minutes...nothing else changed, im not switching chars a lot currently, absolute high end specs, didnt change interent provider or addons - the only thing that changed was the patch
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried to do crafting writs 3-4 times today and I just get booted every time.

I think I'm done with this game. Or at least I need a break.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    An old but often good place to start is by deleting your UserSettings file.

That has in the past immediately sorted any sudden oncome of crashes for me.

Also just a thought but if this started immediately after a patch, have you tried a repair?

Maybe something didn't patch properly? :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • SelfTherapy
    SelfTherapy
    ✭✭✭
    I almost had the speed run and no death run but our tank and I crashed on the last boss on falkreath hold -___- I give up.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's not even crashing due to certain events - i just stand around in the open and the game crashes...ui errors as well - i did several dungeons today and in pretty much every dungeon one of the group members (or me) crashed and got disconnected... something is definatly going on... pete hines probably spilled coffee on the servers again, hes just so clumsy
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    For those of you experiencing these issues in the past 24-48 hours, may we please get your UserID, Gamertag, or PSN ID?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    An old but often good place to start is by deleting your UserSettings file.

That has in the past immediately sorted any sudden oncome of crashes for me.

Also just a thought but if this started immediately after a patch, have you tried a repair?

Maybe something didn't patch properly? :)

can you just delete it and it auto reproduces it? i assume it resets it then to factory settings?
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    For those of you experiencing these issues in the past 24-48 hours, may we please get your UserID, Gamertag, or PSN ID?

Though it's been crashing before the last 24-48 hours it's gotten more frequent for me. It seems to be specific to Vvardenfell, for me anyway. I wasn't there for even five minutes today and it crashed.

Ps4- NA server- PSN: Lizilla
  • Fereldyn
    Fereldyn
    ✭✭
    XB1 crashes reliably two to three times a day now. Never happened before. Mildly inconvenient.
  • msalex
    msalex
    ✭✭

I've been experiencing frequent crashing in the last 24-48 hours, especially in Vvardenfell.

PC NA server
    @msalex
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC EU - when in Cyrodiil I constantly crash to desktop when I try to travel between keeps. Tried disabling every addon, haven't helped at all.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xbox NA gamertag: iTz John Locke
    Lots more crashes than usual since the patch
    (Used to average 3 a day now it's about 3 times that)
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

pc eu, user ide Nemesis7884
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still kind of curious how you can remove the visuals on friendly player aoe's, in an effort to improve the fps, and somehow make the fps worse.

XBox NA
  • Greyhoof
    Greyhoof

PS4 EU, PSN:Greyhoof
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Platform? Server?

im on pc...im irritated cause i havent change ANYTHING - i have had absolutly 0 crashes since march - until the update and now i crash about every 15-30 minutes...nothing else changed, im not switching chars a lot currently, absolute high end specs, didnt change interent provider or addons - the only thing that changed was the patch

I suggest you try a repair of the game client then, it sounds like the patch didn't install properly. Even if that's already been tried, I'd try it again and if that doesn't work then a full reinstall would be the next move.

It's also worth making sure that you more than meet the system requirements, updates will often catch out a borderline system or one that doesn't have quite enough free space on the hard drive.

On the other hand, different considerations may apply if your world location is likely to be affected by either the present situation in Texas or else the broken undersea cable causing issues for Australian players.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Platform? Server?

I suggest you try a repair of the game client then, it sounds like the patch didn't install properly. Even if that's already been tried, I'd try it again and if that doesn't work then a full reinstall would be the next move.

It's also worth making sure that you more than meet the system requirements, updates will often catch out a borderline system or one that doesn't have quite enough free space on the hard drive.

On the other hand, different considerations may apply if your world location is likely to be affected by either the present situation in Texas or else the broken undersea cable causing issues for Australian players.

Friend had this problem, but the launcher gives an error when he game tries to re-install.

They basicly cant reinstall the game at this point. Never seen issues like this as bad as this patch.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Platform? Server?

Friend had this problem, but the launcher gives an error when he game tries to re-install.

They basicly cant reinstall the game at this point. Never seen issues like this as bad as this patch.

Your friend needs to make sure the game is completely removed before the attempt is made to reinstall it and that the latest launcher is downloaded. Or is he playing through Steam in which case it would be worth checking with Steam to see if there's a problem with their version?
    Edited by Tandor on August 31, 2017 7:45PM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Platform? Server?

Your friend needs to make sure the game is completely removed before the attempt is made to reinstall it and that the latest launcher is downloaded. Or is he playing through Steam in which case it would be worth checking with Steam to see if there's a problem with their version?

They were with steam, but they tried to download the individual client. No change.

Definately on ZOS's end, or steams end. Eitherway? Inexcuseable.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been having this too; never suffered from unreasonably frequent crashes before but I've just had my second in less than half hour. It's been averaging about one every hour I'd say.

I'm on PS4 EU, PSN Lillybit still :smile:
    PS4 EU
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Nemesis7884, yes next time you log on it rebuilds, you have to re-accept the ToC's etc but honestly the extra work is worth it if it cures the issue......

I'm very boring and run the game as it came settings wise, so I'm not a 100% sure but I would imagine if you have made custom settings they would be reset also.......

Maybe somebody can confirm that? :)

Also as Tandor said a repair or two may also be worth a try.
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Aeorath
    Aeorath
    ✭✭✭
    Crashed today twice in an hour or so, yesterday it crashed once. I am on PS4 EU server.
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭

A few of my guildies have been experiencing these crashing issues. I'll ask them tonight if they would like to post here with their UserID's. Anyways, thanks for the response!
    I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton
  • Aeorath
    Aeorath
    ✭✭✭

PS4, EU server. PSN ID: Aeorath.
  • Yarlenzey
    Yarlenzey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Platform? Server?

Whilst I am sure that these are valid issues, I can't help thinking that you're missing the point on some of the complaints overall.

Some people are bringing complaints to this forum as they have gone from a perfectly playable system one day, to complete chaos the next day. With no intentional change to their local environment, it is entirely normal (and rational) to assume that the problem is not a local one.

There have been enough posts in the past 24 hours from various people around the world, that enables a blanket conclusion that the problem does not relate to local system specs. The OP clearly states that 'prior to the last update, they never had any crashes'.

More specifically:
    Broken cable
    I got suspenders for saying "Testicular Mass" instead of "Balls". like, rilly.

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yarlenzey wrote: »
    Platform? Server?

Whilst I am sure that these are valid issues, I can't help thinking that you're missing the point on some of the complaints overall.

Some people are bringing complaints to this forum as they have gone from a perfectly playable system one day, to complete chaos the next day. With no intentional change to their local environment, it is entirely normal (and rational) to assume that the problem is not a local one.

There have been enough posts in the past 24 hours from various people around the world, that enables a blanket conclusion that the problem does not relate to local system specs. The OP clearly states that 'prior to the last update, they never had any crashes'.

More specifically:
    Broken cable

None of that alters the fact that without mentioning even the platform or server their post serves no purpose as it is meaningless being devoid of any context. By adding additional information as suggested it is then possible to look for common denominators as clearly these issues are only affecting some players whereas a wholly broken update would affect everyone.