Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quests that are not accessable after another quest

Borvath
Borvath
✭✭
I have been using a mod called QuestMap to not miss quests, but there are quests that I cant pick up when I pick another one. I have to go there check that "Does this marker belong to quest that I missed while travelling?" or "Does it belong to a quest, that I can't complete, because I've finished a quest that I should have finished after this?"
Most of these quests just point to a quest giver and give low gold and experience. But as a completonist, seeing the uncompleted marker on map and that the quest givers not having a updated dialogue bothers me.
Is there a list of these quests in a wiki?
I would love if the quests that disable other quests also autocompletes them, without giving rewards or experience. And any future quest like this to be merged with the quest before or after it.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never had a quest I could not pick up, but I have had quest markers that don't belong.

Seeing that this is an addon, I would suspect the addon before I suspect the game. I have taken 5 Alts through all or almost all of the PvE related quests. I use the Destinations mod and any quest markers it shows me are quests I can do even in areas I have other wise completed.

With Quest Hubs, you are not locked out of quests you skip.

I would ping the mod author and ask them about the specific quest and see what they say.

Or, use the Destinations mod which covers all the quests, and all the other things that probably missed in the game. And, it has been updated recently, unlike Quest Map, which was updated back in June.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Borvath
    Borvath
    ✭✭
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Dark_Wings
    For example, I missed this quest, I have read that it is about covincing a wyress to leave city.
    I have no idea, why the main quest of the zone Imperial Infiltration disables it.
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of quests are just pointers -- they redirect you from locations where you can't receive a quest because you haven't completed the prerequisite quest or quests back to where those prerequisite quests are located.

In the case of "Dark Wings," it redirects you from Jackdaw Cove to Evermore because you can't begin Jackdaw Cove's objective without finishing Evermore's.

It sounds more like an issue you should take up with the addon's author, if the addon is showing quests that you can no longer receive.
    Edited by PrinceShroob on August 31, 2017 7:10PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I just loaded up two characters, one who has cleared Bangkori and one who has not. The one who has cleared Bang did not do the Dark Wings quest because he for sure did the Evermore Imperials quest immediately upon entering the zone.

Gotta tell you, as minor quests go, this is about as minor as you can get. The only difference between doing this and not doing this is where the Wyress is at afterward, and that might not even be all that different.

Anyway, Destinations is not clouding the issue showing me a quest I can't do. So, you have a way to fix this, use a different Mod. Or get your addon author to fix the one you have. Or, you can ask ZOS to fix it so you can do both quests. Out of the 3 solutions, only one is guaranteed any success in the foreseeable future.

• jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    I think the quest marker he's talking about isn't from someone he's not able to get quest from but rather a part of another quest that when started opens up some Kanda choice or quest involving the marked npc, I'm not sure I explained what I'm trying to say in the best way but hopefully everyone understands what points I'm trying to make.
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the quest marker he's talking about isn't from someone he's not able to get quest from but rather a part of another quest that when started opens up some Kanda choice or quest involving the marked npc, I'm not sure I explained what I'm trying to say in the best way but hopefully everyone understands what points I'm trying to make.

This is a pretty simple stand alone quest that gets removed when the game changes the phasing after completing area in question. The Quest NPC is sitting out side the quest area, and is asking for a message to be delivered to someone in Evermore. That is all there is to the quest. And, it does go away if you do the zone main quest past the point to where you sent to the area in question. Which is pretty easy to do as your sent in from the North if your following the quest path, where you see the NPC only on the South side. I think, I have not checked the North side of the area to see if the NPC is also there, as they are frequently in two places.