The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Leveling up Enchanting

117Dios
117Dios
✭✭✭
Hi guys, is there a way to level up enchanting efficiently alone? I haven't met anyone that is proficient enough to level with.

If it's not really possible, is there anyone willing to level up with me? PC - EU I'm around level 27/28 and I can craft up to CP50 purple glyphs.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It can be done alone, but it will take longer. Basically decon every glyph that you loot and farm mobs that drop glyphs (such as zombies).

Best way is to have another player that you can swap glyphs with. I'm guessing this is your first character that you are working with on enchanting, but if you do decide to level up additional characters, it's easy to do solo since your character that is maxed (or close to max) in Enchanting can make glyphs for your other characters to decon. This is great because you can make blue and purple glyphs at the highest potency you can craft and your other characters will get more inspiration than they would from dropped glyphs.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I did was a circle around all guild traders each day, buying any CP100+ glyphs that were below 50g. I'm currently at roughly 45 skill.
    Edited by Octopuss on August 31, 2017 5:42AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    It can be done alone, but it will take longer. Basically decon every glyph that you loot and farm mobs that drop glyphs (such as zombies).

Best way is to have another player that you can swap glyphs with. I'm guessing this is your first character that you are working with on enchanting, but if you do decide to level up additional characters, it's easy to do solo since your character that is maxed (or close to max) in Enchanting can make glyphs for your other characters to decon. This is great because you can make blue and purple glyphs at the highest potency you can craft and your other characters will get more inspiration than they would from dropped glyphs.

This is the best way. If you are in a guild you may find someone more than willing to help you out.
  • 117Dios
    117Dios
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for the suggestions
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have an alt then you don't need another player, but you'll be levelling two lots of enchanting at the same time. Works best if they have similar enchant levels. Also helps if your characters are high enough level that white drops are higher than your enchanting level. If cp160 then you'll get plenty of truly superb glyphs which boost low level enchanting nicely, even when white.

All the usual stuff, do daily writs, use skill points to maximise returns fron decons, only learn the bare minimum of the runes, deni, oko, makko, ta and jora. Learning glyphs gives very good returns and its best to save the main learning process until around level 45.

If you farm runes a lot you'll have bucket loads of blue and green, plenty of purples and some golds, save the golds obviously but use most of the blue and green to craft runes for your other character to decon rather than white and if you have enough to spare, spend some purples as well this way. Rinse and repeat until level 50.

EU PS4