The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Motif drop chance from Daily Quests

Vimora
Vimora
✭✭✭✭
Let's take Trinimac as an example, which is farmed in Wrothgar daily quests. I went to Morkul Stronghold, got the quest, it sent me to a mine to gather some stuff and kill a boss. It took about 20m to complete from pickup to turn-in and it gave me a trash weapon. It seems like a long time wasted. So my question is: Are these dailies worth doing to farm Motifs? What's the drop-rate? Is this a viable way of making money or am I way better off just gathering and selling crafting materials? By the way, this is not just about Trinimac, I could've mentioned a different example. Thanks.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do one daily and don't get the Motif and your ready to give up? If they dropped each and every time, the motifs would sell for 50 gold. I don't think you want that.

These dailies can take only 5 minutes once you get the lay of the land and what to do. It is always the first one that takes longer as you tend to do the Delve Quest along with the Daily. Once you just do the Daily, they get done quickly. Side note, each of these delves has an item for the Orsinium Musuem if your chasing that project.

As for the drop rate, it's all RNG but it is decent enough that you will get the chapters eventually. But your not going to get them every time. Probably one every 5 to 10 of them. Same with all other dailies that drop motifs. Of course you can get them more often or less often, but that ebbs and flows.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Vimora
    Vimora
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not ready to give up, I'm just not about to plunge into a pointless time-sink if it's not worth it. I'd rather get informed first.

As for ths daily taking 5m, it is not right. This one, in particular, involved picking up 20 eggs. Just waiting for that many to spawn takes longer than 5m, no to mention traveling between the quest giver and your objective. Maybe 20m is an overstatement but I can't see how anyone could do it under 15.

Anyways, thanks for your answer. I don't think this is for me, then. If motifs were easy to sell... maybe. But I can't even sell my one and only Hlaalu Helmet for 30k, when it's relatively scarce on the market, so...
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done that Breakfast of the Bizarre delve daily many times ... and I think you're being a little disengenuous about the egg respawn time. They respawned pretty quickly for me. Regardless, you won't get that daily every time.

But, certainly no one can force you to do the Wrothgar delve dailies ... even though Trinimac motifs can sometimes sell for over 20k.