The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Master at Arms CP

Anazasi
Anazasi
✭✭✭✭✭
So of late we have been noticing a larger than normal increase in damage in PVP. I have heard that the CP Master at Arms plays a part in this and perhaps the War Maiden set. No one can confirm this and its pure speculation at this point but ZOS should take a look at it. The damage on recaps seems off from before the patch. I can't say what or where but its not as it was a few weeks ago.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How do you define large increase to dmg?

Like if everybody slotted warrior/app instead of thief and everybody running nerfed proc set changed to sets that increase overall damage (like hunding/jul) and everybody used 10 new CP points to get more damage, would that still not be enough to match the supposed large increase?
    Edited by SodanTok on August 30, 2017 12:03PM
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

Like if everybody slotted warrior/app instead of thief and everybody running nerfed proc set changed to sets that increase overall damage (like hunding/jul) and everybody used 10 new CP points to get more damage, would that still not be enough to match the supposed large increase?

I noticed a raw damage increase when using war maiden and scathing mage. I tested with and without 9% in master at arms CP. I wearing grothdar but what i saw was increase from base spell of 1973 to 3201. Even if both war maid and scathing mage proc'd 1973+386 (war maiden)=2359+ (scathing mage) 561=2920. The raw damage from character sheet was 3201 where did the extra damage come from? I tested with CP 3201 without 2960. I really think something is not right. Maybe I am wrong maybe i should just jump on the wagon here but this really doesnt seem right that Master at Arms would be pumping up raw damage that high.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gear and mundus got buffed. If your a shield using class most DPS switch to Nirn which hits shields harder. Minimal CP increase. More infused WD/SD glyphs. These might be playing a factor but idk.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    SodanTok wrote: »

I noticed a raw damage increase when using war maiden and scathing mage. I tested with and without 9% in master at arms CP. I wearing grothdar but what i saw was increase from base spell of 1973 to 3201. Even if both war maid and scathing mage proc'd 1973+386 (war maiden)=2359+ (scathing mage) 561=2920. The raw damage from character sheet was 3201 where did the extra damage come from? I tested with CP 3201 without 2960. I really think something is not right. Maybe I am wrong maybe i should just jump on the wagon here but this really doesnt seem right that Master at Arms would be pumping up raw damage that high.

War maiden is no proc and never shows on character sheet. And any master at arms bonuses wont show on character sheet either (are we still talking about the number called spell damage on character sheel, right next to weapon damage and stuff right?)

I think there is some chaos in terminology.Also everything (I assume even scathing) is subject to further buffs like major/minor sorcery or sorcerer passive. But hard to say whats happening since I dont completly understand what numbers are you speaking off (it sounds more like you mean some tooltip damage of skill or some damage dealt in combat log)
    Edited by SodanTok on August 30, 2017 8:29PM