The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Housing space is a joke.

MercTheMage
MercTheMage
✭✭✭✭
The default housing space is a ridiculous, I spent 1.4m gold on a house I regret buying cause I cannot decorate it, and now can't even sell or anything. My entire upper floor is empty, with the bottom floor filled with trophies, and my garden has almost completely been deprived of life in a futile attempt to be able to finish decorating the inside of my house. Housing is a failure, and that's not even mentioning the fact that it offers no items storage with *** poorest excuse for the reasoning behind that I have ever heard by the way, but I digress.
DECORATION LIMITS NEED TO BE SERIOUSLY ADJUSTED.
Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on August 29, 2017 1:47PM
You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It does and is even worst with larger homes like manors and islands. You almost have to just pick one big room and plank it off so the rest of the place can look finished.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    well yes, you know, we are sorry, we have floppy disk-hard disks, you know itis 1989, not 2017.
    megaservers are only a dream you know.

• notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe your decorating skills are what you think housing space is...

In an Mmorpg space is always limited to stop hoarding junk.

If housing was a failure, there would be no new houses sold or items added. Companies dont waste resources
  • Hetaira
    Hetaira
    ✭✭✭

If housing was a failure, there would be no new houses sold or items added. Companies dont waste resources

I see you constantly commenting on threads insulting people's decorating skills because no one is happy with the stupidly low item limits. I'm actually quite interested in seeing some of your decorating ability with the 'perfectly fine' item limit. Care to put yourself out there to prove how awesome you seem to think you are, and show all us gaudy plebes what a real decorator looks like?

If you are on NA PC, I'd love to visit in person. I'm honestly curious because of how much shade you've thrown on folks through the months on the forums.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hetaira wrote: »

I see you constantly commenting on threads insulting people's decorating skills because no one is happy with the stupidly low item limits. I'm actually quite interested in seeing some of your decorating ability with the 'perfectly fine' item limit. Care to put yourself out there to prove how awesome you seem to think you are, and show all us gaudy plebes what a real decorator looks like?

If you are on NA PC, I'd love to visit in person. I'm honestly curious because of how much shade you've thrown on folks through the months on the forums.

I tend to suggest decorating issues because I have seen plenty posted (ive few, if any post stating players are bad at decorating unless SS are shown)

Ive no intention of sharing my @-name in any respect to avoid harassment. I have no need to prove anything either.

Some people are unhappy with the limit, but do not be fooled into thinking the vocal minority of forums as indictive of the playerbase as a whole.

I also have never stated the limit is 'perfectly fine' but I am under no delusion it is going to change anytime soon. There are plenty of peoplw who decorate very well within the limit. It is no stretch to believe people could quit complaining, adapt, and make good looking houses.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can make all the excuses you like, but the fact is that you constantly post on threads saying that people who ask for raised item limits should alter their way of decorating and stop 'clutter'.

You are also not necessarily right in repeatedly claiming that ZO$ are unlikely to raise the limit (when they have said that they are looking into ways of doing it). So why don't we all wait and see what they actually do. Meanwhile if people are unhappy about the present limits, they have every right to say so without you jumping in being negative.

Finally you have no business telling other players how you think they should or shouldn't be decorating their homes. If you think that the item limit is fine (for yourself, you cannot speak for anybody else), then please keep it to yourself from now on. You've already made your point over and over again, and frankly it's becoming not only repetitive but extremely annoying.
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I tend to suggest decorating issues because I have seen plenty posted (ive few, if any post stating players are bad at decorating unless SS are shown)

Ive no intention of sharing my @-name in any respect to avoid harassment. I have no need to prove anything either.

Some people are unhappy with the limit, but do not be fooled into thinking the vocal minority of forums as indictive of the playerbase as a whole.

I also have never stated the limit is 'perfectly fine' but I am under no delusion it is going to change anytime soon. There are plenty of peoplw who decorate very well within the limit. It is no stretch to believe people could quit complaining, adapt, and make good looking houses.

Maybe you could show us a video then? I'm sure we'll all be blown away.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I like adding the little things most of the time, since that's what they do in the actual game in inns and stuff having like 15 bottles piled next to each other next to the bar tender and such, really wish they would only count as like a .05 space instead of a whole 1.

As you can see in my Vivec Fountain pic those huge things take 1 space each, but yet the smaller little pots take 1 space also, I just don't see the value of small things compared to bigger being displayed while it takes the same amount of slots.

YIeju2s.jpg
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on August 28, 2017 3:55PM
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    You can make all the excuses you like, but the fact is that you constantly post on threads saying that people who ask for raised item limits should alter their way of decorating and stop 'clutter'.

You are also not necessarily right in repeatedly claiming that ZO$ are unlikely to raise the limit (when they have said that they are looking into ways of doing it). So why don't we all wait and see what they actually do. Meanwhile if people are unhappy about the present limits, they have every right to say so without you jumping in being negative.

Finally you have no business telling other players how you think they should or shouldn't be decorating their homes. If you think that the item limit is fine (for yourself, you cannot speak for anybody else), then please keep it to yourself from now on. You've already made your point over and over again, and frankly it's becoming not only repetitive but extremely annoying.

Precisely, that is called a suggestion. Welcome to freedom of opinion.

ZoS says lots of things. Until you have a release date, dont count on getting it. As ZoS most famous quote shows, "No ETA".

They have a right to complain, for sure. Just as I have the right to disagree. A concept that seems lost these days in the coddling environment that millennials grew up with. I find constant complaint threads (on the same topic) and the use of Zo$ repetitive and extremely annoying, but I have yet to tell people to stop. I merely join the conversation.

I have all the business in the world to tell people what I think. Just as you are doing here...

The lack of awareness in your post is a bit disheartening. You disagree with me, so you want my opinion to stop. Yet, people you agree with doing the same thread over and over and over is perfectly fine. Hipocrisy at its finest.

How about staying on topic instead of bringing up personal attacks related to separate threads, yes?
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I like adding the little things most of the time, since that's what they do in the actual game in inns and stuff having like 15 bottles piled next to each other next to the bar tender and such, really wish they would only count as like a .05 space instead of a whole 1.

Be much easier if they had 'full' wineracks, like bookshelves. Partial item calculation seems too tedious compared to a bit of copypasta production
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Be much easier if they had 'full' wineracks, like bookshelves. Partial item calculation seems too tedious compared to a bit of copypasta production

Yeah true, or atleast let us make like 10-20 Bottles and or get random Books that we can merge together with another decor piece to combine them into one instead of multiples.
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This guy has apparently elected himself the "Git Gud" whiteknight of housing. For that reason alone, his/her opinion should be given very little creedance. His entire rationale is thus: "ZoS won't do it so there is no point in complaining about it." Please give us more prophecies oh wise @sstrodamus.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The guy is here just to troll and annoy others. Without even thinking things through.

I remember, because just a couple days ago called him out on his math and basic logic(sic!) "skills" but he ignored that .
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The default housing space is a ridiculous
    agree.gif

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah true, or atleast let us make like 10-20 Bottles and or get random Books that we can merge together with another decor piece to combine them into one instead of multiples.

Absolutely.

On another thread I suggest...

What we need is more functional housing.

We need actual stairs we don't have to build a step at a time.

We need bookcases which can store multiple books as a single interactive unit.

We need "place settings" and other "multi-piece appearing" items.

Imo its not so much that we have too few slots but that the " art" for each piece is almost always.a single item look.

Imo the better and likely more server friendly approach would be if they make available higher quality cost multi-item look "items" like say tabletop displays like:
    A Bosmer bbq
    A Nord drinking contest
    Evening drinks at Vampire Chateau
    Altmer Arcane research table
    Khajit Quality Wares
    Etc etc etc

This would enable fuller looking homes and not require even more hundreds of items to be placed one by one.

But that's how I think
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Clutter consumes large amount of slots. Clutter is the small thing that makes a home look liveable. We need more furniture slots.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »
    The guy is here just to troll and annoy others. Without even thinking things through.

I remember, because just a couple days ago called him out on his math and basic logic(sic!) "skills" but he ignored that .

Should avoid of topic targeted harassment ;)
    Might be surprised to notice people dont respond to everything someone says to them
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

Absolutely.

Imo its not so much that we have too few slots but that the " art" for each piece is almost always.a single item look.

Imo the better and likely more server friendly approach would be if they make available higher quality cost multi-item look "items" like say tabletop displays like:
    A Bosmer bbq
    A Nord drinking contest
    Khajit Quality Wares
    Etc etc etc

This would enable fuller looking homes and not require even more hundreds of items to be placed one by one.

But that's how I think

There are some rows of books and full place settings as I recall, but they might be CS only
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Absolutely.

A Bosmer bbq
    A Nord drinking contest
    Khajit Quality Wares
    Etc etc etc

But that's how I think

There are some rows of books and full place settings as I recall, but they might be CS only

they are only crown store they also have book selves that are full of stuff in the crown store too.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely.

A Bosmer bbq
    A Nord drinking contest
    Khajit Quality Wares
    Etc etc etc

But that's how I think

I agree with most of that, Stevil :) .

However, the downside to having multi-item look items is that although it would undoubtedly save slots, it would also destroy any creativity with things like laying your tables. I definitely enjoy placing items of my choice one by one, but can see that isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Also I rather think ZO$ would take advantage of that idea, and charge large quantities of Crowns for each 'display'!! :#

Yes, we really do need stairs, and walls and doorways too. That would save a lot of slots for those of us who like to make extra rooms and floors in our homes.

As an aside though, I've been completely rebuilding the interior of Ravenhurst (which is one vast room, with an upstairs that isn't even floored all over). It now has several rooms/areas downstairs, and I've totally floored upstairs to create three bedroom areas in the roof spaces as well as the original central area. For a change this didn't use up too many slots as I used the wide rough planks covered with carpet for upstairs, and orc block platforms (which appear like wooden walls) and a couple of tapestries for the downstairs. It didn't cost very much, looks really good, and used minimal slots. So I am happy with that. But that sort of treatment wouldn't be suitable for most houses of other styles.

And yes, certainly books and bookcases should be one unit once the books have been placed. Either that or more different ready-filled bookcases for sale.
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely.

A Bosmer bbq
    A Nord drinking contest
    Khajit Quality Wares
    Etc etc etc

But that's how I think

they are only crown store they also have book selves that are full of stuff in the crown store too.

What ZOS doesn't understand is that I would actually buy those "full row books" decorations. I simply have no room. I have 24 bookcases in my house, all empty. My house is FAR from cluttered, every room has significant open space. It's Strident Springs too, probably the smallest house in the "LARGE" category.

With ESO+, I only have 20 free spaces left. I would need at LEAST 96 "full row book" furnishings to fill my bookcases (4 rows per bookcase).

Raising the item limit would translate into more cash shop purchases. I don't understand how nobody at ZOS has realized this. Are they just biding their time in order to milk this for as much crown money as possible? Are they going to release a Paid Housing Upgrade DLC? How much more shady can we imagine ZOS getting?

Edited by AlMcFly on August 29, 2017 7:10PM
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »

Should avoid of topic targeted harassment ;)
    Might be surprised to notice people dont respond to everything someone says to them

In this case, because got called out and proven wrong mathematically.

But yeah as expected - no objections about my point. Just stop trolling and annoying others if it's gonna be that straightforward.