The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamina nightblade VMA last boss

thepiratehunter
Hey everybody! I finally made it to the last boss and can always get to the top, but then that's it. I can't keep up my health even with vigor and leeching and I can always manage to destroy two crystals before dying. Any tips on the weapon skills or rotation of crystals. As of now, I'm doing endless hail, poison injection, kaltrops, and trap beast of the first crystal and then moving to the second and hitting it. Any other thoughts I would greatly appreciate it. I'm running hundings and Spriggons. I just can't get the crystals down fast enough. Please help.
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had exactly the same problem but on a magDK.

The best decision I made was to forget about trying to burn down three crystals at once. Trying to heal through the soul churn was just too much. So here's what I done.

On the first crystal. Give it everything you have. It doesn't matter if it doesn't break before you're forced to move away. Leave dots on it if possible.

On the second crystal. Try and get it to halfway or more if possible. Again, leave dots running.

Now walk off the platform. Walk. Don't jump.

You'll have to deal with a CG. I grab the healing sigil and drop an ultimate and take it down while spamming heals. Take no chances, right?

Now you can go back up top with one full crystal and one or two with very little health left.
  • oranje_elf
    oranje_elf
    ✭✭✭
    Me too, I have the same problem (also being stamina nb). The solution is described above - try to finish the crystal phase in two steps. In general, here is what I am doing through the fight with the last boss:

Phase 1: the goal is to dps the boss BEFORE crematorial guard is spawn (you need around 30k dps for that). Having this much of a burst dps on a stamina nb is not that difficult - rearming trap, endless hail, caltrops, leeching strikes, relentless focus before the boss and then: incapacitating strike, rending slashes, and then spam suprise attacks on a boss himself. Do not forget to block his skull attack in the meantime though. It is also good if you manage to kill the healer before going up

Phase 2: use the portal, put poison arrow + rending slashes dots on the first crystal, vigor and roll dodge (usually, left), then put poison arrow and rending slashes on the second crystal. I also try to put endless hail on one of the crystals, depending on timings. Then, I return back to the first crystal, re-apply both dots, then vigor and keep moving right, and apply the same dots to the third crystal. At this point, the wall is appearing, and you re-apply dots to the closest crystal, whatever it is, usually the first one. After this - it is up to you, you will have two roll dodges, ideally if you manage to put 2 more rounds of dots/endless hail, but at any point - when you feel you do not have stamina anymore (it comes with experience to "feel" the moment), usually it happens somewhere around second wall. Then you walk down and pick up defense sigil, and optionally - the health one. Having both sigils makes fight with a crematorial guard relatively easy - as far as you avoid red circles from the boss. Then, before going back, you pick up the restoration sigil and get back on top. Now, you should not have difficulties finishing the phase, but it is also important to finish the phase with relatively high stamina (that is why we picked up the recovery sigil to let stamina recover while we are up).

Phase 3: You jump down, bash the boss, and apply dots/endless hail/caltrops on the boss, and pick up golden spirits to "stop-the-world". You ignore everything else but the boss (you re-apply dots when he jumps). I usually also pick the axe sigil at any convenient point - but it does not matter much when, as either your dots will give more damage, or your execute phase if you will pick it up for the "stop-the-world". Either will work.

This tactics allows me more or less consistently (I still make mistakes here and there) deal with the last boss.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are you using Deadly Cloak? Very good defensive skill that also does decent single target damage. I'm pretty sure Soul Churn is considered AoE so 25% of it's damage would be mitigated by Deadly Cloak.
    Edited by Danksta on August 24, 2017 4:45PM
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One tactic that seems to be safer is to try to damage all the crystals down to about 30%, then come down, kill the healer and crematorial guard, get up again, execute crystals fast. The reason to do it like this is because the speed of the protective wall seems to depend on the number of intact crystals, not just the time you've been up. Also it always spawns near the one with the highest health, so if you are damaging that one it will be easier to reach it and hide. Once the crystals are destroyed and the boss throws you down, get the defensive sigil and let the boss channel his attacks and keep DoTs on him as the sigil will reflect them back, kill the summoners and healers so they don't summon the bone colossus and heal the boss. Grab the yellow ghosts until you got the synergy loaded. Use the stun synergy just as the crematorial guard spawns near the boss to stun all, then cast ballista on boss and execute before stun ends. You will have enough ultimate build up till that point to cast it since all enemies are Daedra so you may be able to cast Ballista 2x or cast a Ballista and Dawnbreaker or Incapacitating strike.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Speed pots work very well for the upper phase. I use them for that round even though I have VO because killing the crystals doesn't proc the 5 piece.

Dragonsthorn/Blessed Thistle/Namira's Rot gives weapon damage/speed/stamina

Might want to double check but I'm pretty sure those are the correct materials.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    The upstairs is all about dps. I drop endless hail and caltrops on the crystal, poison injection and rearming trap, then I spam a few light attacks and surprise attack and blood craze and it should be on the excecute range then its just a few Killers blade. Incap. is a great ulti here and dont forget to use your weapon power potions and relentless focus.

For example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX7PrD9eSU0

This is tought from the earlier patch but the idea at the upstairs is almost the same.