The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should imperial city be separated from overland Cyrodiil pvp?

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
The server was packed today with 1+ hour waits, and for a lot of it there was no significant action in overland Cyrodiil. It makes me think a lot of the traffic is in Imperial City.

Two years since IC released, I love the zone, but I don't personally feel it connects to overland pvp in a way that makes sense to have both running together in one campaign. If they were separate, as in entering vivec only routes you to cyrodiil pvp and entering a different campaign only offers Imperial City, then you wouldn't have the sort of issues where your team is hurt because everyone is off in IC. On the other hand there are some drawbacks.

So should Imperial City be moved to its own separate campaign?
Edited by davey1107 on July 10, 2017 7:07AM

Should imperial city be separated from overland Cyrodiil pvp? 79 votes

Yes
78%
zergbase_ESOSolarikenLegacyDMGedericdanielclarkb16_ESOleetacakesb16_ESOThe_SpAwNPavlina20technohicRajajshkaThunderclapprootchdsalterfeyiiSHADOW2KKMercer29Zorgon_The_RevengedLettigallSmoltWabu 62 votes
No
12%
moutonRohausKartalinthe_samapaKaraBela94QbikenbjlaxWhite wabbitDeep_01Tucker3711 10 votes
Hybrid/different idea
8%
rfennell_ESOLumsdenmlSkinzzSerjustin19SRASinisterdotmeD0RID0RI240 7 votes
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hybrid/different idea
    Hi, Just wanted say that I suggested the same thing as you, when Imperial City First came. (Not to mention it was actually very playable before IC came, But when IC came, it not.)

However now I'm actually kinda glad IC is in Cyrodiil, despite some flaws. Sure IC is in same population as Cyrodiil. Hence how we get pop locked in high que's. It does also count like you suggested.

But what is best for having IC in Cyrodiil? It just wouldn't be the same without IC, meaning lore wise. Imperial City is supposed to be in Cyrodill. It just not makes since with out IC.

Thus in conclusion, I'm unsure about IC being in a separate campaign itself is good in long run. No offense, however we won't know until we try :) But after 2+ yrs on PS4/Xbox (PC earlier?) I don't think IC will be in a separate campaign of it's own anytime soon.

But at the same time there are always possibility's. We just have to wait it out and see what's in store for us. In the long run I believe it's a possibility that IC could be in a Separate Campaign of itself. I also actually want Molag's Bal's minions, to attack keeps and all over New and Improved Cyrodill.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hybrid/different idea
    On PS4NA I've seen several instances where alliances are pop-locked but overland/zone chat seems dead. IC also dead though, so I have to question the pop-lock "count" as being potentially broken (and also exploited from time to time)

I read somewhere on these forums that the Cyrodiil population is counted based on entries/exits, which is hopelessly prone to errors. Far better to "sweep" the servers and do a head-count every 5 minutes.

Separating IC from Cyrodiil is problematic because some want a No-CP IC and others want a CP IC - The only way to do that today is to lump them in with their respective campaigns. However, maybe it wouldn't matter so much if players were in IC if the flags there counted towards alliance rank in the campaign. Alliances get points for keeps, outposts and resources. Add IC flags to that as well, and then when people are in IC they can help their alliance. Just an idea.
    PS4NA
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The worst part about Imperial City is how difficult it is to reach and move around in. Most of the time to get there you need to

1. Enter your campaign. Which for many players has a queue. (Vivec)
    2. Port to the nearest keep to Imperial City. This is either an emperor keep (which is likely to be under attack) or a home keep (if you are pushed back. Meaning a very long ride)
    3. Wait through an Imperial City loading screen. These can take up to twenty minutes to finish.

Once there, every time you go from the city to the sewers, between districts, or change regions in the sewers you may hit yet another 1-5 minute loading screen

Imperial City needs to be more accessible if you want to see life in it. Period.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes...

Edit: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 20, 2017 12:22AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes Yes Yes. Do I have more then 1 vote...
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Needs an easier access and different pop count

But would be nice to still keep cyrodill entry on top of it
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes please.. i would love to be in IC and see other players instead of it being a pve zone. After all.. it was supposed to be a pvp update right?
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    The server was packed today with 1+ hour waits, and for a lot of it there was no significant action in overland Cyrodiil. It makes me think a lot of the traffic is in Imperial City.

Two years since IC released, I love the zone, but I don't personally feel it connects to overland pvp in a way that makes sense to have both running together in one campaign. If they were separate, as in entering vivec only routes you to cyrodiil pvp and entering a different campaign only offers Imperial City, then you wouldn't have the sort of issues where your team is hurt because everyone is off in IC. On the other hand there are some drawbacks.

Yes.

1) Sorts out population problems/whining in Cyrodiil campaigns.
    2) Increases IC participation by making it easier to get to.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    waitwhat wrote: »
    davey1107 wrote: »

Yes.

1) Sorts out population problems/whining in Cyrodiil campaigns.
    2) Increases IC participation by making it easier to get to.

1: yep i cant argue with that
    2: they could make it a simple NPC quest giver in each alliance capital city that has a cart headed for cyrodiil and can "sneak you into imperial city"
    i mean it works for wrothgar.
    hell maybe even make it it's own queue feature. that'll boost its popularity
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    YES. This has been mentioned many times before, but ZOS has yet to comment.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I don't really care, which is which.
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)