The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question on enchanting

Lirkin
Lirkin
✭✭✭✭
This is the most painful craft to level and seems like that hardest to recover rune from breaking down glyphs.
The percentage of recover seems to be way low.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is always the last skill line to complete for all of my characters and the lack of resources recovered makes it hard for me to justify making glyphs on one character and breaking them down on another.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the skills in each crafting tree lets you recover more materials from deconstruction. Some people buy white quality glyphs from the guild store for about 100 gold each and decon those for fast crafting xp. Doing the daily enchanter crafting writ will also give you a good chunck of crafting xp.
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the recovery skill maxed and it still seems I fail completely to recover anything from breaking down the majority of glyphs
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Lorajet
    Lorajet
    ✭✭✭
    You know, it IS slow. But, I've improved the leveling up by:

1. Doing the dolmens and deconstructing the glyphs you get
    2. Picking up every runestone I see in the wild
    3. Actually doing the writs. I avoided doing all writs until I found out it actually isn't so bad, plus you can get the runes for free if you are looking for them.

Other than that, I've actually made it into a game with my main character. Slow down pick up stuff in the wild, give it to my crafter. Not so bad - good luck! :)
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one craft that benefits from having a crafting partner.
    What I did was farm and deconstruct every glyph I got on my way to cp160, when I had farmed enough and had the rune extraction passives I got a master enchanter to make me cp 150 purple runes and extracted them all.
    I shot up for 35 to 50 in no time.
    Then with alts you just throw all the glyphs you find in your bank and get the alt to decon them, they level in no time too.