The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Need a decent "beginners" stamsorc build :)

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
... not fussed about supper-complicated builds - i need something with easy-to-get/crafted gear and a build that is solid and fun to play.

all the intricate builds I can try later.

but for now i just want to get used to the playstyle and see how gear works with the build. Thanks :)
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did you have a preference on weapons?
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2h/bow ideally but open to suggestions :)
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • alext89
    alext89
    ✭✭✭
    If u dont mind not having a monster set, u could always farm some bone pirate jewlery and 2 armor pieces. And craft some shacklebreaker/hundings rage nirn weapons and armor. + 1 veli or kena shoulder.

U have the stats to surstain and can kill whitout problems.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bone pirate + spriggans. Personally I'd go bow/dw so that you can use two spriggans weapons freeing up your monster pieces to run veli.

Once you're ready to upgrade change the bone pirate for VO.
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 Bone Pirate 2 small armor pieces and jewelry, 5 Hunding's Rage, including weapons, and one piece from a monster set that gives you weapon damage/maximum stamina/stamina recovery. Preferably all impenetrable but if you only manage the dropped pieces in other traits at first simply leave them as they are and keep farming. Small pieces are easier to farm and monster set is guaranteed drop in veteran, or otherwise you can buy one directly in impenetrable from the weekend vendor for AP.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you looking for a PVP or PVE build? PVP you want impen, PVE anything would be better than impen as monsters don't crit.
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone! MUCH appreciated.

@SirDopey - PvP focused.

At the moment I'm a Redguard running 5 Sword Singer (incl 2h on front bar) and 5 Cowards gear (incl bow on the back bar) with 2 pieces of Blood Spawn. I still have to tweak it but so far its a lot of fun and WOW - he is faster than Road Runner! MEEP MEEP! haha :smiley:
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »

@SirDopey - PvP focused.

At the moment I'm a Redguard running 5 Sword Singer (incl 2h on front bar) and 5 Cowards gear (incl bow on the back bar) with 2 pieces of Blood Spawn. I still have to tweak it but so far its a lot of fun and WOW - he is faster than Road Runner! MEEP MEEP! haha :smiley:

Yeh, that's a nice start. Try to swap sword singer for spriggan or even hundings. Sword singer means you miss a lot of damage on your dawnbreaker.

Maybe switch bloodpsawn. Maybe keep 1 and go another 1 piece like kena or veli, or swap it completely for selenes for more burst. Bloodspawn is still good anyway.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Baranthus wrote: »

@SirDopey - PvP focused.

Yeh, that's a nice start. Try to swap sword singer for spriggan or even hundings. Sword singer means you miss a lot of damage on your dawnbreaker.

Maybe switch bloodpsawn. Maybe keep 1 and go another 1 piece like kena or veli, or swap it completely for selenes for more burst. Bloodspawn is still good anyway.

Hi thanks for replying :smiley: Yeah - I've noticed it seems a lot more viable to run 1+1 rather than a complete 2 piece these days. I'll do some testing with Spriggans its one of my favourite sets but I thought I'd try something just a little bit different. We shall see! :smiley:
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    The easiest setup would probably be 5 hundings, 3 agility jewelry, 2 pcs monster set and a random 2h and bow with.

Then you are ready to go :smile:
  • saiyan_84
    saiyan_84
    ✭✭✭
    im currently running 1 veli/kena shoulders, 5 spriggans and 5 impreg 7 medium all impen precise gs/defending bow
    i do swap out impreg for 7th legion every now and then.

Edited by saiyan_84 on August 29, 2017 5:17PM
    The Kelly Gang

Saiyan AD DK
    Nayias AD Warden
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For pvp I run 1 Mighty Chulden & 1 Lord Warden, this combo gives close to 6k physical and spell resistance which I really notice, don't seem to feel pain anywhere near as much. Do notice my own damage goes down by forefitting the extra damage alternatives but longer survival times suits my playstyle better.
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 shackle breaker, 3 agility, any weapons in any style and your choice of monster set. The mag pool lets you cast dark deal a lot. Selenes helps with some burst. If you go dw you can use valkyn skoria and run blood craze or thirst and hurricane for dots. Heavy attack weave in 5 heavy and 2 medium for sustain. With crit surge and hurricane you'll be quite tanky.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for these brill replies everyone! You lot are flippin fantastic! :smiley:

I am a complete plum - I only just found out that Shacklebreaker is craftable!! Definitely going to have some fun with this set and it looks incredibly versatile.

At the moment, the gear sets I'm playing around with most are:

Cowards Gear (back bar only . Mainly for battle mobility. Aaaaand because I'm scared and need to run away - https://youtu.be/BZwuTo7zKM8 )

Impregnable Armour (back bar. Nice armour set especially for nonCP campaigns)

Spriggans Thorns

Hundings Rage

Clever Alchemist (crazy crazy set but also very pricey due to the fact it needs potions to proc)

Also looking closely at 1 + 1, rather than 2 piecs set - @SirDopey - Chudan is a personal favourite already, but 1 + 1 with Lord Warden is definitely getting tested. Cheers for the heads up! :smiley:
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • the_broo11
    the_broo11
    ✭✭✭
    @Baranthus

I recently posted my 2h/bow builds for cp and nocp in another thread. They're both relatively easy to get. You can swap the vma maul with 1pc monster and one of the set piece mauls on the cp build. Here's the link if you're interested:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4461269#Comment_4461269

You can swap bound armaments for streak and crit surge to offer more mobility till you get comfortable with the play style (I normally play with both on my overload bar).

Ultimately though, I'd highly recommend transitioning to a bar setup with bound armament. Despite the double bar requirement, it's passives are too strong to pass up. This is especially important on a 2h/bow build where you have few sources of reliable damage.

I tend to stack around 20% heavy/light attack damage in cp, then use a constant heavy attack as pressure till I can land a dizzying. When the opponent drops their guard, tie in a heavy+dizzying or heavy+dawnbreaker and that will usually leave them dead or within execute range.
    Xbox One NA
    GT: the broo11
    Spell Casting Wizard - medium 2h/bow stam sorc
  • leem1988
    leem1988
    ✭✭✭
    What's the better set to pair with Cowards gear? Spriggans or Hundings? I plan to go 2h/Snb with 1Veli+1Kena.
  • leem1988
    leem1988
    ✭✭✭
    Also whats the best trait and weapon type for 2h this patch since sharpened got nerfed? Would it be an Infused Axe because of the bleed damage? Or a maul?
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leem1988 wrote: »
    What's the better set to pair with Cowards gear? Spriggans or Hundings? I plan to go 2h/Snb with 1Veli+1Kena.

I honestly find it difficult to choose between them. Spriggans gets my shout for non-CP and Hundings for CP. there doesn't seem a great deal in it tbh.

Cowards is an amazing set to use on the back bar. There are some truly lovely sets out there at the moment Cowards, Shacklebreaker and Imprgenable all spring to mind.
    Using the Dressing Room addon (awesome addon), I have 8 different gear set ups involving Cowards, Shackle, Impreg, Spriggans, etc. I still need to 'gold some items', but things are looking tasty so far. :)
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • leem1988
    leem1988
    ✭✭✭
    Whats the best setup for stam sorc right now? 2 medium, 5 heavy? or 1 light, 1 medium, 5 heavy?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Always 5+ Medium. You can go 0L/7M/0H, 0L/6M/1H. 1L/5M/1K or 0L/5M/2H
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    I had a big debate with myself over medium vs heavy on stamsorc. I think it depends a lot on your environment, and how fast you can react. I found that my machine and my age fail me often enough for quick deaths to happen in med.

For a "low-maintenance" setup, the basic would be, as mentioned, shacklebreaker + a damage set + i recommend 1pc domihaus for extra utility. Nirnhoned weapons synergise greatly with extra pen, so having a crafted set is an advantage. Prismatic glyphs. If you think your magicka is too big and you run heavy, you may try replacing shackle with hundings.

Given you mentioned alchemist... I run something along the standard lines (alchemist bow back bar, spriggan 2h front bar), but instead of a monster set I simply wear 1pc domihaus and 1pc Selene. For skills I slot bound armor, and play a bit reckless keeping surge and even shuffle on overload (my bow is decisive so I usually get there quick); the advantage is 44k+ max stamina (38k in no cp) with spriggans pen and potential alchemist boost. The sustain is acceptable due to the huge pool, dubious camoran and passives from slotting bound.

An alternative to above is of course to wear troll king, it also has some great synergy with bound.

For potions, I usually farm IC and then buy flowers in bags, not too hard of a procedure.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well then....

After MUCH messing around and tinkering, I'm looking at a mix of Shacklebreaker and Impregnable armour. (I STILL, have further tinkering and tweaking to do btw. LOL)

BUT, I'm thinking of running only a monster helm or shoulder.

I've decided that playstyle-wise, I NEED to be pretty mobile around the battlefield, and super-evasive to be able to retreat and rebuild resource pools. I almost certainly get this from playing a stamblade as a main ("lots of 'whack!' but can't take a 'smack!'" lol). I'm also playing on nonCP (still have CPs set up for a CP campaign though) - so I don't have the luxury CP magic powers.

This is where the Impregnable Armour set comes into its own - that crit resist is very very sexy indeed. However, I've decided I'd like that full time, rather than just on the back bar. Also, that crit resist means I don't have to run as much impen gear....which means other traits are freed up - divines, well-fitted, etc.

Shacklebreaker is a really nice companion set to run along side Impregnable Armour: weapon AND spell damage, stam AND mag recovery, and the big stam AND mag dump for the 5 piece - in these early days of my stamsorcdom - it feels like the armour was made for the class (of course, its just a beautiful set and opens a lot of build diversity - like I said earlier - there are some really excellent sets around at the moment - kudos to ZoS for putting them in the game).

HOWEVER - I can only run one piece of a monster head/shoulder set. But to be honest, the loss, whatever it is, is negligible. I wouldn't run a full 2-piece set up except Selenes or Bloodspawn. But I prefer the 2 different 1-piece bonuses. So yeah. Whatever. It just means running a 'meh' bow on the back bar but thats fine. back bar = buffing and running away :p

THIS is the setup so far. YES - its an awful mess but I'm just using up what I have in my bank.

Like this:

Head: Impregnable Armour - Infused

Shoulder: Kena
    Chest: Shacklebreaker - Infused
    Gloves: Shacklebreaker - ?

Belt: Impregnable Armour - ?
    Legs: Shacklebreaker - Infused
    Boots: Shacklebreaker - ?

Ammy: Impregnable Armour (reduce feat cost rather than stam regen coz I'm using that Dubious Camoran drink - I can get by on that no problem)
    Ring: Impregnable Armour (weapon damage)
    Ring: Impregnable Armour (weapon damage)

Weap 1: Maul of Shacklebreaker (Nirnhorned, Disease ench.)

Weap 2: Some random bow (NO NOT VMSA *SLAP* - I HATE THAT THING AND NO, JUST NO. lol)
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • leem1988
    leem1988
    ✭✭✭
    For a beginner, would cowards gear be better than shackle breaker? I like the idea of having major expedition on my back bar, but what would I be missing if I didnt use shackle?
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a beginner, would cowards gear be better than shackle breaker? I like the idea of having major expedition on my back bar, but what would I be missing if I didnt use shackle?

You should try them both if you can. I LOVE Cowards Gear. It's perfect for getting you out of horrible situations AND regenning your stam.
    And if you add into that mix say Dubious Camoran Throne for extra regen and pots of immovability - look, just try it haha.

Cowards Gear stats:

(2 items) Adds 1206 Max Health

(3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery

(4 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery

(5 items) While Sprinting you gain Major Expedition and Major Protection, increasing your Movement Speed and reducing your damage taken by 30%.

Set bonuses 3+4:
    The way I see it, my jewellery glyphs are freed up straight away. If I'm paranoid about resource pools I can run extra regen glyphs or reduce cost. If I want to smack the shizzle out of something then all weapon power glyphs. I kinda think of jewellry glyphs as permanent potions so it's important to think about what you need from your pots, incase you already get it somewhere else. Personally I really like Immovability+vanish+detect OR (vs scrubs. (I'm a scrub but scrubs who are scrubbier than me)). Immovability + increased dmg + increased crit.

Set bonus 5 Gettin major expedition AND Major protection are huge and when you combine them with immovability pots - you will definitely increase your survivability. And if you are a new player, there's no shame in running away (incredibly fast) to come back and fight another day (incredibly fast) - put a few well-fitted traits on 3 small pieces of yur armur for maxmimum lols :p Hmmm and get the steed mundus. LOL
    Edited by Bam_Bam on September 1, 2017 5:52PM
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As for Shackle Breaker....

(2 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage

(3 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage

(4 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery and Stamina Recovery

(5 items) Adds 2000 Max Magicka and Max Stamina.

You get more damage, a little less recovery and a big chunk of two 'active' resources - mag and stam. Because it is a completely 'symmetrical' set for mag and stam, the uses aremany. Type shackle breaker into youtube and you will see build for every type of class. Type it into pr0nhub and you'll learn somethng new about the world and probably about yourself.

I digress. :p

Now that I've been banging on about them for so long I might just try combining both sets haha. Or maybe Cowards and Impreg. The possibilities really are endless :)
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara