Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thieves Guild DLC - what is worth doing?

WhoSlappedThePie
WhoSlappedThePie
✭✭✭
So I have thieves guild DLC but I haven't touched anything there yet. Is it worth it? Apart from the skill line are the quests worth doing? Do you get skill points?
"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
Magsorc Breton
Magblade Darkelf
Stam DK Redguard
Healer Templar High Elf
Tank DK Argonian
Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The story line is fun if you like that kind of thing. Side quests are really only worth doing to advance your skill line. The heists are not worth the stress without a NB IMO.
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get 6 Skill Points, one from each of the 6 primary quests.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    out of all the dlc available which do u guys think would benefit me more from finishing first, if any of them? I was also wondering if it would be better for me to play thru original story the head to begin the Morrowwind part or if the order I do that in even matters?
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There really aren't any side quests except the repeatable ones, and you probably even need to do a few of those to advance. If you enjoy thieving, then you absolutely should do it. You'll spend more on the skills you unlock than you'll get in skill points ... so again, it's only strongly "beneficial" if you enjoy thieving.

I'm also in the camp that thieving is much better on a nightblade than on other classes, because of Concealed Weapon and Cloak. I do it on a Bosmer stamblade who's not a vampire, and it can be a lot of fun.

Also, it's not just pure thieving. It's very easy to grab skyshards, getting back the skill points you invested and more. And it's one of the excellent options for node farming and the like.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you need extra help with Sneaking, just find some Night Terror Jewelry, it can even be in Green or Blue as the 3rd piece bonus is the same, the one that reduces detection range. Just swap out the jewelry as needed and character, even a magic one, won't be gimped all that much.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    out of all the dlc available which do u guys think would benefit me more from finishing first, if any of them? I was also wondering if it would be better for me to play thru original story the head to begin the Morrowwind part or if the order I do that in even matters?

If you like the order of the base game, that's Alliance Zone + Fighters Guild + Mages Guild + Main Quest -> Coldharbor -> Finish Main Quest -> Cadwell's Silver ->Cadwells Gold ->Imperial City ->Orsinium -> Vvardenfell ->Clockwork City, with Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild falling in wherever you want. But you can really do things in any order you want.

I recommend playing Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild together if you like their style of Justice system content, since they complement each other very nicely. (Though, using the Blade of Woe makes some Thieves Guild missions very easy if you don't play a pure sneak thief.)

Vvardenfell is designed to be an alternate opening to the game if you don't want to start in the alliance zones, but I found the starter island zones to be much more forgiving to new characters with low cp than Morrowind.