The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Looking For Templar Build Advice

Talraekk
Talraekk
Soul Shriven
I'm basically looking for a good leveling/early 50 guide for Templar. I am currently only level 33ish, and the couple guides I've viewed are too min/maxed for me to even attempt to apply them to myself. If possible a general rundown on decent skills/terrible skills to stay away from would be appreciated.
P.S. I am a solo PvE'er and would prefer something that keeps me alive.
P.P.S. I also have a 50 Nightblade I wouldn't mind some advice on, buildwise. Same scenario.
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also a templar of a similar level. There are several skills I quite like using:
    Dawns wrath
    1) I like to morph sun blast into reflective light as it then attacks 3 enemies at the second time
    2) I morph backslash into power of the light, so it uses stamina. It causes less damage, but you can then swap over to stamina if your magicka runs out
    3) radiant destruction aka the jesus beam looks great, especially if the enemy is below 50% health
    4) solar flare is a great first attacking spell to use
    Spear skills
    1) I like the javelin as it knocks over weaker enemies which can save you a few seconds to do something else like solar flare again
    2) a lot of people suggest using biting jabs, although I don't really use it myself. Good for close range fighting
    3) luminous shards looks good for group dungeons although I haven't got it yet
    4) focused charge looks good for tanks although I don't have this one yet either
    Restoring light
    1) breath of life is great if you are a healer like me
    2) repentance is fantastic if you rely on stamina, so it might be good if you are a tank

I hope this helps. I try to do a random normal to level up as quickly as I can.

• generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SOULSHINE ARMOR SET! try it!
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Heavy armor, comes in Healthy. Not worth it.

For the OP:

Since I'm unsure how new to the game you are I'll just post URL to my builds. Some are not that expensive, but can be a pain if you're pretty new to the game - use it as a general guide.

For spells, it's what works for me, since it's a Magicka Templar build, there will be no stamina.

URL: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367995/my-magicka-templar-build-for-horns-of-the-reach-pve

If you're PC EU I don't mind helping you out.

Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Lorajet
    Lorajet
    ✭✭✭
    BlackbirdV wrote: »

Heavy armor, comes in Healthy. Not worth it.

For the OP:

Since I'm unsure how new to the game you are I'll just post URL to my builds. Some are not that expensive, but can be a pain if you're pretty new to the game - use it as a general guide.

For spells, it's what works for me, since it's a Magicka Templar build, there will be no stamina.

URL: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367995/my-magicka-templar-build-for-horns-of-the-reach-pve

If you're PC EU I don't mind helping you out.

Interesting setup. Might try it out!