The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

max lvl crafter (can't find low lvl ore ??)

RazerKlang
okey so im maxed lvlin blacksmith and wondering why i can't mine low lvl ore?? am i missing something here?
Edited by RazerKlang on August 23, 2017 9:11PM
CP400+Xbox - NA- (Kahjiit) NightBlade (Red Guard) Templar (Wood Elf) Warden
"And by the nine we got bottomless legendary gem"
Templar
Wørden
KnightTemplar
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gear mats you find are scaled 50/50 with Character Level and Material Passive. If you have both maxed, then you will only see Ruby Mats.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In other words, you want to find low level mats, roll a low level character

Edited by Nestor on August 23, 2017 9:16PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• RazerKlang
    ok
    Templar
    Wørden
    KnightTemplar
  • RazerKlang
    find that kinda stupid. but that's how it is :/
    Templar
    Wørden
    KnightTemplar
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apart from rolling a new alt you have 2 options - the first is to do crafting writs, which bring lower level mats as part of the rewards box.

The second is to reset your passives in blacksmithing and allocate only what you need to have a 50/50 chance of harvesting that level ore. That way if you are CP160 but level 1 smithing, you will find iron ore approximately half the time and rubedite ore the other half.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or buy it. like me, most other people likely have 4000 iron ingots for sale
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    or buy it. like me, most other people likely have 4000 iron ingots for sale
    As someone who does daily writs on 8 characters, I have stacks and stacks of every level crafting mat but rarely bother selling any as I have the craft bag. I tend to give more away to guildies calling out for mats than I actually sell.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Apart from rolling a new alt you have 2 options - the first is to do crafting writs, which bring lower level mats as part of the rewards box.

The second is to reset your passives in blacksmithing and allocate only what you need to have a 50/50 chance of harvesting that level ore. That way if you are CP160 but level 1 smithing, you will find iron ore approximately half the time and rubedite ore the other half.
    RazerKlang wrote: »
    find that kinda stupid. but that's how it is :/

IDK i kinda disagree.

previously the mat you found only looked at one aspect of your character - your political affiliation. It al;so looked at the section of tamriel you were in. These two elements controlled the flow of mats into the game. So an AD would find different tier mats in stonefalls than a EP would than a DC would and none of them might have anything to do with the needs of that character, either from what mats they can craft or from what level gear they can wear. harvesting in most zones would be of little to no use for most every character.

Currently it now looks at two different aspects of your character - your crafting capability and your character level. those two elements now control the flow of mats into the game. So an AD would find different tier mats in stonefalls than a EP would than a DC would and **EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM** will have something to do with the needs of that character, either from what mats they can craft or from what level gear they can wear. harvesting in every zone will be of some use for most every character.

For how a game manages the flow of mats into its games and keeps its zones each at least minimally productive to the users, that makes sense to me and a lot more sense.

What i always find amusing is that equipment drops, sets and such, pretty much worked the same way prior to the 1T change. if you gathered sets in a certain zone-political pair the levels were more or less locked to a small set of levels so gathering warlock in one zone was giviing you level 20ish but in another might be level 50 cp100. it was very similar to mats though iirc a little more flexible.

Now, you always gather gear that matches your character level everywhere.

Where are the lines of folks fussing about how "stupid" it is to always find warlock or spriggans or necropotence in levels scaled to your level?

Where are the folks complaining that they cannot take their cp160 into a certain zone with certain political affiliation to gather necropotence gear for their low level guild friends and alts?

Some may see matching the flow of **tiered** or **leveled** resources to the actual tiers and levels of the characters in play as stupid or overly -restrictive but what it does on the large scale is tie the flow of tiered goods into the game to the tiers of players playing in the game and that is a very "not stupid" idea, especially given the ability for those to be sold and traded or **gods forbid** actually gathered by those who will use them - even if they are not the ones crafting them.

or maybe yeah could be letting which color my keeps show on the map be a primary determining factor may seem smarter than this?

Not to me, but to some.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."